steel city con

    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 26, 2007
      anyone get the email from them?
      they are encouraging people to come in costume. anyone going to? i might not sure yet.

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • Lisa Davis
      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 26, 2007
        I got the email from them, but I doubt if I'll be in costume for this convention, for I don't have the money to go at this given time.......now if they had a day for wearing the costume, to get in for free, then I'd think about it.
        ~Spidergirl

        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 26, 2007
          In a message dated 6/26/2007 11:27:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lisad_2711@... writes:
          I got the email from them, but I doubt if I'll be in costume for this convention, for I don't have the money to go at this given time.......now if they had a day for wearing the costume, to get in for free, then I'd think about it.
          ~Spidergirl

          email them and suggest it?  cant hurt  lol

          See what's free at AOL.com.
        • Lisa Davis
          Message 4 of 29 , Jun 26, 2007
            You got the email address for them?   I don't know if I do or not.  I just have the one for Pittscomicon, and that is over for the year.
            ~Spidergirl

            bsimon9427@... wrote:
            In a message dated 6/26/2007 11:27:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lisad_2711@yahoo. com writes:
            I got the email from them, but I doubt if I'll be in costume for this convention, for I don't have the money to go at this given time.......now if they had a day for wearing the costume, to get in for free, then I'd think about it.
            ~Spidergirl

            email them and suggest it?  cant hurt  lol

            See what's free at AOL.com.

            Got a little couch potato?

              Message 6 of 29 , Jun 27, 2007
                Just received the Email in my default Email.  It said about the costumes and stuff.....so I am going to ask the question on the  free admittance day with a costume on for a day, so it can't hurt!!
                ~`Spidergirl!!

                bsimon9427@... wrote:
                In a message dated 6/26/2007 11:36:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lisad_2711@yahoo. com writes:
                You got the email address for them?   I don't know if I do or not.  I just have the one for Pittscomicon, and that is over for the year.
                ~Spidergirl

                See what's free at AOL.com.

                Looking for earth-friendly autos?

                Message 7 of 29 , Jun 27, 2007
                  Do it! its a great show and youll have a blast.

                  they are encouraging people to come in costume. anyone going to? i might not sure yet.

                  See what's free at AOL.com.

                  TV dinner still cooling?
                • Lisa Davis
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jun 27, 2007
                    I'll only do it if you wear your costume in and get in for free!!
                    Otherwise, count Spidergirl out on this one!!
                    ~Spidergirl

                    Message 9 of 29 , Jun 27, 2007
                      In a message dated 6/27/2007 6:59:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, dugger_rockz@... writes:
                      Do it! its a great show and youll have a blast

                      i go everytime. just havnt yet in costume. the only ones i'd see there are the storm troopers.

                      See what's free at AOL.com.
                    • hobanagarak
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jun 27, 2007

                        > In a message dated 6/27/2007 6:59:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                        > dugger_rockz@... writes:
                        >
                        > Do it! its a great show and youll have a blast
                        >

                        > i go everytime. just havnt yet in costume. the only ones i'd see
                        there are
                        > the storm troopers.

                        http://www.aol.com

                        I went to the last Steel City Con to meet Feedback from WWtbaS. Great
                        guy. Not really sure about going to the next one.

                        I wasn't really in costume per se at the last one, just kinda gothed
                        up I guess, and I had people take my pic and ask who I was supposed to
                        be. Ahdunno. It is only $7 to get in, but it is significantly smaller
                        than the Pitts Comic Con.

                        I've gone a couple times, and it might just be me, but it seems like
                        Vader and Fett and company don't show up until there's like an hour
                        left in the show.
                        Message 11 of 29 , Apr 22 4:37 PM
                        • Andrew Harmon
                          Message 12 of 29 , Apr 22 5:17 PM
                            I'm a-gonna try :)

                            On Wed Apr 22 19:37 , bsimon9427@... sent:

                            Message 13 of 29 , Apr 22 5:23 PM
                              i'll be there one day, maybe both since its so close and cheap. have some friends with booths there. might be in costume, have a new one i got 95% completed and thinking about giving it a trial run to see how it goes.

                              In a message dated 4/22/2009 8:21:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, aharmon@... writes:

                              I'm a-gonna try :)

                              On Wed Apr 22 19:37 , bsimon9427@aol. com sent:

                              Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!
                              Message 14 of 29 , Apr 22 5:28 PM
                                Im tryin to get things together to make it saturday.

                                Message 15 of 29 , Apr 22 5:31 PM
                                  Yeppers

                                • Andrew Harmon
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Apr 22 5:40 PM
                                    I'm hoping I'll be able to go Friday and Saturday but I'm not sure what the wife will have to say about that ;)

                                    I'm looking forwad to meet up with Tod ----> http://norvandell.deviantart.com/

                                    Allen ---> http://norvandell.deviantart.com/

                                    and Terry ---> http://thuddleston.deviantart.com/

                                    At least I think Allen and Terry are going to be there. They are pretty much every other time. Tod's been under the weather a bit but I think he's snapping back and I know he's scheduled to attend so here's hoping!

                                    On Wed Apr 22 20:23 , bsimon9427@... sent:

                                    In a message dated 4/22/2009 8:21:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, aharmon@impulsegraf ix.com writes:

                                    I'm a-gonna try :)

                                    On Wed Apr 22 19:37 , bsimon9427@aol. com sent:

                                    anyone going to this?

                                    Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!

                                    Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!

                                  • Don Pedicini Jr.
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Apr 22 6:35 PM
                                      I will be a guest there Sunday only...
                                      Don

                                      Don Pedicini Jr.
                                      www.donpedicinijr.blogspot.com

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Apr 22 6:58 PM
                                        I probably won't be going to Steel City Con, and I probably won't go to costume either....

                                        We have too much going on here at home, and since April is usually the time I went to PittsComicon (Went there for the last 2 years)....

                                        I probably won't make PittsComicon for September.  (Unless someone really twists my arm for me to do my Spidergirl appearance (Like I have done the last 2 years.)
                                        ~L.

                                        From: bsimon9427@aol. com <bsimon9427@aol. com>
                                        To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
                                        Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 7:37 PM

                                      • Joe Patrick
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Apr 23 4:01 AM
                                          I'm going to try to be there Friday.  Can't make it Saturday as I have to work and Sunday too much to finish around the house.  As soon as my son gets home from school on Friday we're planning on heading up.

                                            From: bsimon9427@aol. com
                                            To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
                                            Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 7:37 PM

                                          • Lisa Davis
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Apr 25 9:06 PM

                                              Wow...

                                              Thanks for making me feel so good!   (Finances are keeping me from appearing as her this year!  Maybe next year I'll get to go!)
                                              ~L.

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Apr 26 2:13 PM
                                                i was there in costume. there was alot of people there but not alot of people buying stuff. i was there sat all day in costume, a new gi joe one i worked up. met alot of cool people and a ton of people asked me to take pix with them or their kids which is way cool. some even thought i worked there  lol oh and whoever was in the Baroness costume i have to give you much credit for that thing! it was really good, had alot of artists asking me either where you were or are we together  lol  guess its a gi joe thing

                                                i have two friends who own comic shops and they had booths there. they both said Friday they did ok biznez but sat sucked and they didnt hold out hope for sunday. most of the people were there to see the wwf guy and that c3p0 dude. HUGE lines for them. i spoke with one person in line for c3pO and he said he waited in line almost 2 hours <he wasnt sure bc he forgot just how long he had waited bc he said it took forever>. tho from what i hear the guy was super cool. he got there on time and stayed till the last second signing stuff.
                                                at one point someone came in a awesome c3pO costume and the guy came out from behind his table and posed for like 5 min with him while people snapped shots. was really neat bc they both were like the same height and everything. no one had anything bad to say about him so that kinda makes up for the long lines i guess. i for one wasn't in it, not a huge SW fan. i'm into gi joe mostly.

                                                sad note was the lines totally covered all the other stars there and at some point the lines were up against the other peoples tables making it hard to even see anyone was back there, later the lines got pushed away, at that point i walked up to all the booths and spoke with them for awhile. super nice people, feel kinda bad no one was giving them any love. the females were all smoking hot and super friendly and nice to chat with. boomer was great to with his stories and such. if anyone missed the other stars they really missed out. they had the two big guests pretty much in the middle separated by 1 or 2 tables. i think they should have been on opposite ends or something to free up the other guests so they got some face time with the crowd also. was kinda hard to even see their banners and im 6'6".

                                                i got more stories but thats the jist of it. all in all i had a good time talking with the guests and artists, all the picture taking and what not. even found the one thing i was looking for and alot less then i was expecting to pay. all in all a good time even if i had to cram on that school bus to get there from the other parking lot in the field. and i got there at 1030, they opened at 10. from what i hear their next one is in dec and will at the new expo mart.

                                                i forgot my camera and didnt go today in my other costume bc its to hot and that place was boiling at one point yesterday and didnt get much better even after they turned a fan on so if anyone has a pic of me or of anyone else send me a copy so i can put it on my Pgh Comicon Myspace site.

                                                thanks!

                                                From: bsimon9427@aol. com
                                                To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
                                                Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 7:37 PM

                                              • Joe Patrick
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Apr 26 2:19 PM
                                                  I really wanted to get there this weekend to meet Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) and Catherine Bach as well as see a few general artists to see what they had new, but finances and time didnt allow for it. :(

                                                  Sounds like you had a pretty decent time overall so that's at least good to hear. :)

                                                  Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!

                                                • Chris Underwood

                                                    From: bsimon9427@aol. com
                                                    To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
                                                    Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 7:37 PM

                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Dec 2, 2009
                                                      i have a question:  why is the con always on the first weekend of the month?

                                                      im a reservist and thats normally the time when i have to serve. which would mean if i dont take a friday off work i miss the con. fridays are ok but alot of the cool guests dont get there till saturday. i know my base is on orders starting the 4th so im totally boned this year unless i actually get off duty on time i can haul ass over there and make the show for maybe an hour. which is cool but driving like a mad man to get there and paying full price for an hour kinda sucks but i gotta go  lol

                                                      so if anyone see's a 6'6" guy in a military uniform thats probly me
                                                      -bart
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Dec 2, 2009
                                                        Sorry about your circumstances, But Im really looking forward to this show. I hope you make it

                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Dec 2, 2009
                                                          I'll be there, but there's pretty much no way I'll make Comicon next year. My girlfriend and I are having a baby, and she's due April 17!
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Dec 2, 2009
                                                            just seems to me they might be missing out on alot of potential money by having it then bc i know im not the only person in the reserves/guard who wants to go.
                                                            i hope i make it to!

                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Dec 3, 2009
                                                              I think we can give you a pass to miss Comicon 2010, but we expect you with baby in tow for Comicon 2011.

                                                              Congrats.

                                                              Patrick