(OT) Rise Of The Silver Surfer

  • sjharvey9@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2007
      I just saw Rise Of The Silver Surfer Saturday afternoon. I thought it was a little better than the first movie. One of the criticisms with the first movie was that the acting was kind of wooden or stiff, but being a life-long Fantastic Four fan, I thought the acting in the 1st film was right on with the comics books. They seemed to capture the personalities of each character pretty well. I guess the critics really aren't too familiar with the Fantastic Four. I really don't like movie critics to begin with, because it is always just their opinion of the film. Not everyone is going to like every single type of movie that comes out. If I really want to see a movie, I'm going to see it no matter what people say about it.

      The Silver Surfer's personality is also captured pretty well in the new film. The one movie reviewer said that the film didn't explain how Doctor Doom survived at the end of the 1st movie, but it was pretty obvious to me how he did. He also said that the Silver Surfer looked like the evil Terminator from T2, but the Surfer was  around a long time before the Terminator movies, so guess which one came first??

      The only complaint that I have is that the new movie is only 1 hr and 30 min long. Other than that, I think I might go see it again. I highly recommend it, but then again, like I said, not everyone is going to like every single type of movie that comes out, so only see it if you want to, not because I said so.

      --- SCOTT

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • Chaz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 17, 2007
        Thanks for the review Scott!
        I'm hoping to see it sometime this week.
        The reviews I saw were not very good, except harry at aintitcoolnews.com.
        Everyone seems to point out how terrible the actor playing Doctor Doom is though.
      • William Crites
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 17, 2007
          I saw it Saturday afternoon and really enjoyed it. I generally don't listen to what the critics say. Most, not all, have any idea of what they're talking about when it comes to comic based movies.

          Will