Re: 501st Legion (was: Color me very flattered)

  • hobanagarak
    Message 1 of 9 , May 5 9:53 AM
      "I'm curious as to just what happened?..."

      Same here.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42" <sheets42@...> wrote:

      > I'm curious as to just what happened? How were they treated poorly?
      > I enjoyed having them around the con but I never knew there was a
      > problem!
      >

      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yeah, the 501st is a great organization, and I can't understand the
      > > rationale behind treating them poorly. Most conventions love having
      > > them; it makes me wonder what's going through the promoters' minds
      > here.
      > >

      > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole Blum" <nickyb@> wrote:

      > after
      > probably
      > it
      > > >
      > > > As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for
      > PA
      > > > was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in
      > any
      > > > capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've
      > received
      > > > each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).
      > > >
      > > > They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as
      > Steel
      > > > City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
      > > > Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
      > > > Olympics, Autism and many more.
      > > >
      > > > It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a
      > fun
      > > > con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there
      > officially
      > > > (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever
      > again.
      > > >
      > > > Nicky
      > > > Public Relations Officer
      > > > Garrison Excelsior

    • R Howard
      Message 2 of 9 , May 5 11:55 AM
        Color me curious too.

        When I mentioned the lack of Stormtroopers to the promoters on Sunday, they seemed as clueless it as I was.

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

        Message 3 of 9 , May 5 12:12 PM
          I couldnt agree more

          There were at least 10 Star Wars costumes there on Sunday, but not
          everyone entered the contest.

          Frankly, I do not think that any costuming group should receive
          special treatment at the Comicon. If you wear a costume, you get free
          admission on Sunday. That sounds like a good deal to me.

          --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "Nicole Blum" <nickyb@...> wrote:

          > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@> wrote:
          > >
          > > And I noticed we had a Star Wars category, which was needed after
          > > last year, but there were a lot less Star Wars costumes, probably
          > > since the 501st and Rebel Legion weren't around. Not sure why;
          it
          > > hardly feels like a Con without 'em!
          >
          > As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for PA
          > was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in
          any
          > capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've
          received
          > each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).
          >
          > They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as
          Steel
          > City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
          > Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
          > Olympics, Autism and many more.
          >
          > It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a fun
          > con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there officially
          > (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever again.
          >
          > Nicky
          > Public Relations Officer
          > Garrison Excelsior

          Finding fabulous fares is fun.