501st Legion (was: Color me very flattered)

  • Nicole Blum
    Message 1 of 9 , May 4 6:27 AM
      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@...> wrote:

      > And I noticed we had a Star Wars category, which was needed after
      > last year, but there were a lot less Star Wars costumes, probably
      > since the 501st and Rebel Legion weren't around. Not sure why; it
      > hardly feels like a Con without 'em!

      As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for PA
      was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in any
      capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've received
      each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).

      They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as Steel
      City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
      Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
      Olympics, Autism and many more.

      It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a fun
      con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there officially
      (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever again.

      Nicky
      Public Relations Officer
      Garrison Excelsior
    • EEGAH316
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4 11:35 PM
        Yeah, the 501st is a great organization, and I can't understand the
        rationale behind treating them poorly. Most conventions love having
        them; it makes me wonder what's going through the promoters' minds here.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole Blum" <nickyb@...> wrote:

        > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@> wrote:
        > >
        > > And I noticed we had a Star Wars category, which was needed after
        > > last year, but there were a lot less Star Wars costumes, probably
        > > since the 501st and Rebel Legion weren't around. Not sure why; it
        > > hardly feels like a Con without 'em!
        >
        > As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for PA
        > was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in any
        > capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've received
        > each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).
        >
        > They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as Steel
        > City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
        > Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
        > Olympics, Autism and many more.
        >
        > It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a fun
        > con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there officially
        > (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever again.
        >
        > Nicky
        > Public Relations Officer
        > Garrison Excelsior

      • mangoman42
        Message 3 of 9 , May 5 7:53 AM
          I'm curious as to just what happened? How were they treated poorly?
          I enjoyed having them around the con but I never knew there was a
          problem!

          Message 4 of 9 , May 5 8:32 AM
            I cant wait to hear how they was treated badly.

            I'm curious as to just what happened? How were they treated poorly?
            I enjoyed having them around the con but I never knew there was a
            problem!

            --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@.. .> wrote:

            > Yeah, the 501st is a great organization, and I can't understand the
            > rationale behind treating them poorly. Most conventions love having
            > them; it makes me wonder what's going through the promoters' minds
            here.

            > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "Nicole Blum" <nickyb@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > And I noticed we had a Star Wars category, which was needed
            after
            > > > last year, but there were a lot less Star Wars costumes,
            probably
            > > > since the 501st and Rebel Legion weren't around. Not sure why;
            it
            > > > hardly feels like a Con without 'em!
            > >
            > > As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for
            PA
            > > was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in
            any
            > > capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've
            received
            > > each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).
            > >
            > > They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as
            Steel
            > > City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
            > > Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
            > > Olympics, Autism and many more.
            > >
            > > It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a
            fun
            > > con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there
            officially
            > > (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever
            again.

            > > Nicky
            > > Public Relations Officer
            > > Garrison Excelsior

            Bored stiff? Loosen up...
          • Dan Kirk
            Message 5 of 9 , May 5 9:18 AM
              There were at least 10 Star Wars costumes there on Sunday, but not
              everyone entered the contest.

              Frankly, I do not think that any costuming group should receive
              special treatment at the Comicon. If you wear a costume, you get free
              admission on Sunday. That sounds like a good deal to me.

              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole Blum" <nickyb@...> wrote:

              > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@> wrote:
              > >
              > > And I noticed we had a Star Wars category, which was needed after
              > > last year, but there were a lot less Star Wars costumes, probably
              > > since the 501st and Rebel Legion weren't around. Not sure why;
              it
              > > hardly feels like a Con without 'em!
              >
              > As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for PA
              > was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in
              any
              > capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've
              received
              > each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).
              >
              > They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as
              Steel
              > City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
              > Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
              > Olympics, Autism and many more.
              >
              > It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a fun
              > con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there officially
              > (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever again.
              >
              > Nicky
              > Public Relations Officer
              > Garrison Excelsior

            • hobanagarak
              Message 6 of 9 , May 5 9:53 AM
                "I'm curious as to just what happened?..."

                Same here.

                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42" <sheets42@...> wrote:

                > I'm curious as to just what happened? How were they treated poorly?
                > I enjoyed having them around the con but I never knew there was a
                > problem!
                >

                > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Yeah, the 501st is a great organization, and I can't understand the
                > > rationale behind treating them poorly. Most conventions love having
                > > them; it makes me wonder what's going through the promoters' minds
                > here.
                > >

                > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole Blum" <nickyb@> wrote:

                > after
                > probably
                > it
                > > >
                > > > As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for
                > PA
                > > > was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in
                > any
                > > > capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've
                > received
                > > > each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).
                > > >
                > > > They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as
                > Steel
                > > > City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
                > > > Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
                > > > Olympics, Autism and many more.
                > > >
                > > > It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a
                > fun
                > > > con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there
                > officially
                > > > (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever
                > again.
                > > >
                > > > Nicky
                > > > Public Relations Officer
                > > > Garrison Excelsior

              • R Howard
                Message 7 of 9 , May 5 11:55 AM
                  Color me curious too.

                  When I mentioned the lack of Stormtroopers to the promoters on Sunday, they seemed as clueless it as I was.

                  Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 5 12:12 PM
                    I couldnt agree more

                    There were at least 10 Star Wars costumes there on Sunday, but not
                    everyone entered the contest.

                    Frankly, I do not think that any costuming group should receive
                    special treatment at the Comicon. If you wear a costume, you get free
                    admission on Sunday. That sounds like a good deal to me.

                    --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "Nicole Blum" <nickyb@...> wrote:

                    > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > And I noticed we had a Star Wars category, which was needed after
                    > > last year, but there were a lot less Star Wars costumes, probably
                    > > since the 501st and Rebel Legion weren't around. Not sure why;
                    it
                    > > hardly feels like a Con without 'em!
                    >
                    > As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for PA
                    > was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in
                    any
                    > capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've
                    received
                    > each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).
                    >
                    > They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as
                    Steel
                    > City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
                    > Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
                    > Olympics, Autism and many more.
                    >
                    > It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a fun
                    > con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there officially
                    > (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever again.
                    >
                    > Nicky
                    > Public Relations Officer
                    > Garrison Excelsior

                    Finding fabulous fares is fun.