Color me very flattered

  • EEGAH316
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2007
      Again, thank you to everyone who liked my costume; I must've done
      something right! I always do try to stay in character when I dress
      up, which seemed to make a big difference. COBRAAAAA!!

      And I noticed we had a Star Wars category, which was needed after last
      year, but there were a lot less Star Wars costumes, probably since the
      501st and Rebel Legion weren't around. Not sure why; it hardly feels
      like a Con without 'em!
    • Nicole Blum
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4, 2007
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@...> wrote:

        > And I noticed we had a Star Wars category, which was needed after
        > last year, but there were a lot less Star Wars costumes, probably
        > since the 501st and Rebel Legion weren't around. Not sure why; it
        > hardly feels like a Con without 'em!

        As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for PA
        was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in any
        capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've received
        each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).

        They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as Steel
        City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
        Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
        Olympics, Autism and many more.

        It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a fun
        con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there officially
        (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever again.

        Nicky
        Public Relations Officer
        Garrison Excelsior
      • EEGAH316
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2007
          Yeah, the 501st is a great organization, and I can't understand the
          rationale behind treating them poorly. Most conventions love having
          them; it makes me wonder what's going through the promoters' minds here.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole Blum" <nickyb@...> wrote:

          > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@> wrote:
          > >
          > > And I noticed we had a Star Wars category, which was needed after
          > > last year, but there were a lot less Star Wars costumes, probably
          > > since the 501st and Rebel Legion weren't around. Not sure why; it
          > > hardly feels like a Con without 'em!
          >
          > As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for PA
          > was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in any
          > capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've received
          > each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).
          >
          > They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as Steel
          > City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
          > Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
          > Olympics, Autism and many more.
          >
          > It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a fun
          > con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there officially
          > (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever again.
          >
          > Nicky
          > Public Relations Officer
          > Garrison Excelsior

        • mangoman42
          Message 4 of 9 , May 5, 2007
            I'm curious as to just what happened? How were they treated poorly?
            I enjoyed having them around the con but I never knew there was a
            problem!

            Message 5 of 9 , May 5, 2007
              I cant wait to hear how they was treated badly.

              I'm curious as to just what happened? How were they treated poorly?
              I enjoyed having them around the con but I never knew there was a
              problem!

              --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@.. .> wrote:

              > Yeah, the 501st is a great organization, and I can't understand the
              > rationale behind treating them poorly. Most conventions love having
              > them; it makes me wonder what's going through the promoters' minds
              here.

              > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "Nicole Blum" <nickyb@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > And I noticed we had a Star Wars category, which was needed
              after
              > > > last year, but there were a lot less Star Wars costumes,
              probably
              > > > since the 501st and Rebel Legion weren't around. Not sure why;
              it
              > > > hardly feels like a Con without 'em!
              > >
              > > As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for
              PA
              > > was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in
              any
              > > capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've
              received
              > > each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).
              > >
              > > They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as
              Steel
              > > City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
              > > Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
              > > Olympics, Autism and many more.
              > >
              > > It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a
              fun
              > > con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there
              officially
              > > (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever
              again.

              > > Nicky
              > > Public Relations Officer
              > > Garrison Excelsior

              Bored stiff? Loosen up...
            • Dan Kirk
              Message 6 of 9 , May 5, 2007
                There were at least 10 Star Wars costumes there on Sunday, but not
                everyone entered the contest.

                Frankly, I do not think that any costuming group should receive
                special treatment at the Comicon. If you wear a costume, you get free
                admission on Sunday. That sounds like a good deal to me.

                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole Blum" <nickyb@...> wrote:

                > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@> wrote:
                > >
                > > And I noticed we had a Star Wars category, which was needed after
                > > last year, but there were a lot less Star Wars costumes, probably
                > > since the 501st and Rebel Legion weren't around. Not sure why;
                it
                > > hardly feels like a Con without 'em!
                >
                > As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for PA
                > was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in
                any
                > capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've
                received
                > each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).
                >
                > They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as
                Steel
                > City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
                > Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
                > Olympics, Autism and many more.
                >
                > It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a fun
                > con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there officially
                > (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever again.
                >
                > Nicky
                > Public Relations Officer
                > Garrison Excelsior

              • hobanagarak
                Message 7 of 9 , May 5, 2007
                  "I'm curious as to just what happened?..."

                  Same here.

                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42" <sheets42@...> wrote:

                  > I'm curious as to just what happened? How were they treated poorly?
                  > I enjoyed having them around the con but I never knew there was a
                  > problem!
                  >

                  > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Yeah, the 501st is a great organization, and I can't understand the
                  > > rationale behind treating them poorly. Most conventions love having
                  > > them; it makes me wonder what's going through the promoters' minds
                  > here.
                  > >

                  > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole Blum" <nickyb@> wrote:

                  > after
                  > probably
                  > it
                  > > >
                  > > > As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for
                  > PA
                  > > > was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in
                  > any
                  > > > capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've
                  > received
                  > > > each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).
                  > > >
                  > > > They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as
                  > Steel
                  > > > City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
                  > > > Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
                  > > > Olympics, Autism and many more.
                  > > >
                  > > > It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a
                  > fun
                  > > > con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there
                  > officially
                  > > > (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever
                  > again.
                  > > >
                  > > > Nicky
                  > > > Public Relations Officer
                  > > > Garrison Excelsior

                • R Howard
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 5, 2007
                    Color me curious too.

                    When I mentioned the lack of Stormtroopers to the promoters on Sunday, they seemed as clueless it as I was.

                    Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 5, 2007
                      I couldnt agree more

                      There were at least 10 Star Wars costumes there on Sunday, but not
                      everyone entered the contest.

                      Frankly, I do not think that any costuming group should receive
                      special treatment at the Comicon. If you wear a costume, you get free
                      admission on Sunday. That sounds like a good deal to me.

                      --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "Nicole Blum" <nickyb@...> wrote:

                      > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > And I noticed we had a Star Wars category, which was needed after
                      > > last year, but there were a lot less Star Wars costumes, probably
                      > > since the 501st and Rebel Legion weren't around. Not sure why;
                      it
                      > > hardly feels like a Con without 'em!
                      >
                      > As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for PA
                      > was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in
                      any
                      > capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've
                      received
                      > each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).
                      >
                      > They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as
                      Steel
                      > City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
                      > Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
                      > Olympics, Autism and many more.
                      >
                      > It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a fun
                      > con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there officially
                      > (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever again.
                      >
                      > Nicky
                      > Public Relations Officer
                      > Garrison Excelsior

                      Finding fabulous fares is fun.