Re: Suggestions are always welcome

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2007
      Great job on manning the iPod at the Match Game. Every time the music
      came on both the panel and audience felt like cheering.

      I appreciate hearing about the promoters efforts to convince big name
      guests to attend. I was in line for Jerry Robinson (Golden Age Batman
      artist) in Baltimore when someone from the Pitt con tried to invite him
      to the show. I don't think he understood the message, but it would be
      great if maybe they could get him next year.

      Have the promoters tried contacting artists through their agents or art
      dealers? Just a suggestion.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "R" <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
      > They really do care
      > about this convention and the fans, and they try to improve it every
      > year whether you realize it or not. Last summer the promoter flew to
      > San Diego for the sole purpose of trying to convince Jim Lee to come
      > to the show this year. It didn't work out, but that doesn't mean
      > he's going to stop trying.

    • R Howard
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2007
        Yep, the promoters use every possible means to contact potential guests - publishers, agents, other industry professionals, organizations like CBLDF, in-person meetings at other cons, etc.  Unfortunately prior committments, work schedules, etc. often get in the way of any given professional attending.  Next year is going to be particularly difficult for us with the NYC con running the weekend before Pittsburgh.  As much as an artist or other guest might like to attend both conventions, it would be very difficult to keep up with their workload while attending two three-day conventions in a span of 10 days.  Especially if they had to travel from the west coast.

        Thanks for the kudos on the Match Game music.  Jen did a fantastic job running the panel, and I was just glad to be able to help.  In fact, Jen (Jennifer Contino of www.comicon.com/pulse) did a great job organizing all of our panels this year, as well as the Friday night karaoke party.  Everyone who enjoyed any of these events should contact Jen at jencomx3@... to thank her for all of her hard work.

        --Roger

        Anthony <forgiona@...> wrote:
        Great job on manning the iPod at the Match Game. Every time the music
        came on both the panel and audience felt like cheering.

        I appreciate hearing about the promoters efforts to convince big name
        guests to attend. I was in line for Jerry Robinson (Golden Age Batman
        artist) in Baltimore when someone from the Pitt con tried to invite him
        to the show. I don't think he understood the message, but it would be
        great if maybe they could get him next year.

        Have the promoters tried contacting artists through their agents or art
        dealers? Just a suggestion.

        --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "R" <thezeppo1138@ ...> wrote:
        > They really do care
        > about this convention and the fans, and they try to improve it every
        > year whether you realize it or not. Last summer the promoter flew to
        > San Diego for the sole purpose of trying to convince Jim Lee to come
        > to the show this year. It didn't work out, but that doesn't mean
        > he's going to stop trying.

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.