pittscomicon

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
      Ok for the record ,I have no beef with the small press folk, I just haven't seen anything that is appealing to me. The future writers an artists are the small press. But, if your putting together a show I feel that the time and money  is better spent on the class A an B artists an writers, Speaking of writers, where the hell were they, they bring in people, look at what Frank Miller did for the con a few years back, sure maybe he didn't do any speaking, but he drew people, Bendis, same thing. One of the first Comicons I attended at Pittsburgh, Stan "the Man" Lee was there and I got to meet him, Ill never forget it. The place was wall to wall people.Until this year the Pittsburgh Comicon was one of the things I look forward to each year, this year soured me in a bad way, cancellations, was there a dozen plus? vendors should be more, yeah  MORE SPACE would be great, both sides of the Expomart full of artists ,writers an fanboys , I'm all for it. Again small press people, I respect what you do, I've probably been involved in comics longer than most of you have existed...LOL ,keep up your work, hard work pays off, it always does.
      The kind people that work to put this show together , check this yahoo group on a pretty regular basis I'm sure. Hope next year will be better.

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
        expand the con to both sides??? it already sux paying 18 bux to get in i really dont want to pay 36 bux unless one side is all artists and indie guys and the other side vendors with two diff tickets and prices. i'd skip the vendor side all together.
        the vendor side isles seemed really tight but the artist side you could drive a truck through in some spots. why not just tighten things up and pack more artist and indie guys in there. for as tight as the vendor side was it really wasnt bad walking through there, at least for me.

        See what's free at AOL.com.
      • James Rowe
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
          Thast's what I was thinking. I really just got to get
          skectchs and meet the actors, writers, and artists. I
          sometimes enjoy looking through the back issues but
          they're not my main real reason for being there.
          James

          http://mail.yahoo.com