RE: [pittscomicon] COMICON - Day 3

  • TOD SMITH
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2007
      I was one of the small press guys that attended, and take a little offence
      to your suggestion to cut back on us.

      Its not us I think that need shortend up, but an expansion of floor space
      and a more aggresive ad campaign to attract more dealers as well as more big
      name comic book artists and companies.

      I do think that the con is not what it once was, with what seems to be fewer
      dealers. Problem is, some dealers have doubled their space to sell more
      stuff, leaving fewer spaces for others.

      I think you should write to the con organizers directly to help them make
      the changes needed for a better con experience.

      Tod Smith
      artist/inker
      Imperium Comics/ Unknown Comics.

    • sillysully7
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2007
        I completely agree, Tod.

        I had a way better time talking to the smaller/indie artists and
        writers then I did with some of the bigger guys. There is NO need to
        limit you guys, I love you guys.

        I doubt that the Con would want to move outside of the Expo, however,
        there is more room on the right side of the Expo. Infact, there was a
        sports card show over there on Sunday, I believe. Also, I loved the
        concept of there being food vendors in the con, the fudge was
        delicious!

        This year, we had a large number of cancelations and there is no way to
        change something like that. I'm sure next year we won't have that. Tod
        is right, e-mail your opinions directly, let your voices be heard...but
        seriously...the indie guys are great and in NO WAY are the problem.
      • James Rowe
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2007
          I was suggesting to someone on Saturday that they
          should have the con on both sides. That way there's
          more room for the vendors and more room for the
          artists.
          James

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • sjharvey9@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2007
            Hi Tod,
                I didn't mean to offend you or any of the other artists. Maybe I should have worded it a little better. I was just trying to say that there used to be a lot more comics dealers. I noticed in the front half of the room that there were even a few artists where comics dealers used to be. And that basement water sealing guy??????? A lot of the dealers this year were selling 25 cent and $1 comics, instead of the older ones that a lot of people look for a lot. It is a 'Comicon', and you guys in the back half are in the comics business. Sorry, again, if I offended anyone.

            --- SCOTT

            See what's free at AOL.com.
          • sjharvey9@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 2, 2007
              In a message dated 4/30/2007 3:35:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, pestilence15052@... writes:
              I was suggesting to someone on Saturday that they
              should have the con on both sides. That way there's
              more room for the vendors and more room for the
              artists.
              James
              Having it on both sides would be a GREAT idea. Was anyone even in the Sportscard Show room ???

              --- SCOTT

              See what's free at AOL.com.