Re: [pittscomicon] Re: day one?

    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 29, 2007
      THANKS FOR SEEING MY POINT

      From: Kirisawa Fuko <fuko_chan@...>
      To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 10:44:48 PM
      Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: day one?

      If complaints aren't voiced, nothing will ever be improved. They did
      have some good guests, and no one was insulting the folks that run the
      show or how they treat their guests. But a few good guests and nice
      people heading the event doesn't mean it was a stellar show, or
      anywhere near as good as it could be. Please don't assume the people
      complaining are just gloomy or looking to nit pick. I really believe
      the con used to be better in some aspects, and others could be
      improved easily if they listened to some suggestions and tried. That's
      one of the things this group's for, fans to get together and talk
      about the good and the bad. I'm glad you're having a good experience
      with the con, but some people just aren't and there's nothing wrong
      with saying that.

      <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ evt=48245/ *http://autos. yahoo.com/ new_cars. html;_ylc= X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2 BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2 BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFn cwRzbGsDbmV3LWNh cnM->

      > > Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ evt=48245/ *http://autos. yahoo.com/ new_cars. html;_ylc= X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2 BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2 BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFn cwRzbGsDbmV3LWNh cnM->

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
    • Jim Balent Studios
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 29, 2007
        LOL
        i don't have to trust you Dugger!
        I've been san diego for  errr- i think 14 years now
        I must say i enjoyed pitts con more than nyc con
        i guest just a personal taste
        but if you're at san diego this year
        stop by our booth
        1715
        tata for now

        DUGGER wrote:
        yes they were,but its same ole same ole i think Michael and Renee are awesome,but. ...
        had you listened to the people, im not saying 2 or 3 people, alot of people was seriously disappointed
        and Im gonna have to include myself in that group. The Steel Valley Con  is a better value, and a way better time.
        (but thats my opinion)
        Trust me San Diego is a whole other planet,been there and goin back again.

        Dugger

        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 29, 2007
          LOL
          i'm not there
          we couldn't make it this year
          killer deadlines!
          but we've been guests for 3 different years
          i guess i can't be seen as a 'fan' per say-
          ...buuuut i am a huge star wars fan and
          it's awesome to get to meet them there..much more intimate
          i like your name!
          is it yours or a Manga character i don't know
          safe hex
          Holly

        • Kirisawa Fuko
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 29, 2007
            I agree one of the nice things about the con is the chance to meet the
            guests casually.

            Thanks, it's a manga character, from Flame of Recca ^_^

            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 29, 2007
              I thought so! :-D

              Kirisawa Fuko wrote:

              I agree one of the nice things about the con is the chance to meet the
              guests casually.

              Thanks, it's a manga character, from Flame of Recca ^_^

              --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, Jim Balent Studios <holly@...> wrote:

              > LOL
              > i'm not there
              > we couldn't make it this year
              > killer deadlines!
              > but we've been guests for 3 different years
              > i guess i can't be seen as a 'fan' per say-
              > ...buuuut i am a huge star wars fan and
              > it's awesome to get to meet them there..much more intimate
              > i like your name!
              > is it yours or a Manga character i don't know
              > safe hex
              > Holly
              >
              > Kirisawa Fuko wrote:
              >
              > > If complaints aren't voiced, nothing will ever be improved. They did
              > > have some good guests, and no one was insulting the folks that run the
              > > show or how they treat their guests. But a few good guests and nice
              > > people heading the event doesn't mean it was a stellar show, or
              > > anywhere near as good as it could be. Please don't assume the people
              > > complaining are just gloomy or looking to nit pick. I really believe
              > > the con used to be better in some aspects, and others could be
              > > improved easily if they listened to some suggestions and tried. That's
              > > one of the things this group's for, fans to get together and talk
              > > about the good and the bad. I'm glad you're having a good experience
              > > with the con, but some people just aren't and there's nothing wrong
              > > with saying that.
              > >
              > > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
              > > <mailto:pittscomico n%40yahoogroups. com>, Jim Balent Studios
              > > <holly@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > wasn't adam hughs there?
              > > > some star wars people?
              > > > sometimes people just like to complain..
              > > > perhaps their gloom cloudy a potentially fun time!
              > > > what can ya do :-P
              > > > Michael &Rene are such sweeties though!
              > > > as an invited guest-they makes you feel like royalty!
              > > > last year i caught a cold from a fan!-that was fun LOL
              > > >

              > > > do san diego
              > > > real big...i'm sure you'd have fun
              > > > Best Witches

              > > potentially

            • Robert Martin
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 30, 2007
                Greetings everyone,

                I had been looking forward to this year's Pittsburgh Comicon for several months and as I wrote last week was unable to attend and had to cancel my reservations due to my new employment.  Upon reading all of the group e-mails tonight, however, it seems like I would have been somewhat disappointed.  Two of my favorite artists, Mike Deodato and Michael Turner, were not in attendance ... Michael Turner I can understand, and wish him nothing but the best and my hopes and prayers for a speedy recovery -- the reason for Mike Deodato canceling (again) I have yet to hear.  Again, even though I was not able to attend this year, I did appreciate the advance notification of Michael Turner having to cancel ... but this would have been at least the second time I would have traveled from VA to Pittsburgh to see Mike Deodato, only to find out after I got there that he wasn't coming.  Why the last minute cancellations??

                That being said, I have to say I enjoy meeting the "smaller, independent" artists ... the gang from Jim Balent Studios, for example, are some of the friendliest and accommodating people I have ever met, and I always look forward to seeing them.  I always enjoy Joe Jusko and Billy Tucci as well ... the original art and charity auctions, the vendors, the dealers, etc. always make it a fun time as well.  I only hope that scheduling will permit me AND more of my favorites to attend next year's Con!

                As far as "special guest" suggestions ... I'd love to see Frank Miller again ...

                Best wishes to all for a great 2007, and hope to see you in 2008!

                Robert

                Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.