costume contest question

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13 6:40 AM
      awhile back i heard the rules were changing to make it more fair to the contestants instead of lumping groups and singles together in age groups. i have been checking the web sight off and on and i see nothing about a change listed it still says 3 age groups. i've done some touch ups on my costume and still plan to wear it on sunday but if me being a single going up against groups then i am not going to waist my time getting up on stage. my costume isnt nothing amazing that i would win and standing in that room for what 2 hours i was roasting! i'd rather spend the time walking around the con. last yr by the time the contest let out some of the people i wanted to talk more with were packing up their booths so they could catch their flights home.
      now if the rules have changed and its more fair i might enter the contest. my costume isnt all that but i'd like to see how it fairs against other guys on a one on one basis. would be nice if they had a hand made category and store bought one also.
      anyone have any news on this?

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • hobanagarak
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13 6:55 AM
        News to me. The current set-up does seem to favor those with a group
        and/or skit. It would be cool if they did set up more categories but
        the website gives no indication that they will or that they really
        have any intention of doing so.