Re: Past Pittsburgh Comic con Program cover scans

  • ducky1560
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2 6:27 PM
      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <coymn@...> wrote:

      > Hey Folks, if anyone here has scans of the covers from the past
      > convention in pittsburgh, would you please send me a scan of them..
      > they dont have to be large or anything, but would like to see what has
      > been done in the past as far as art goes.. email me at coymn(at)
      hvc.rr.com

      > thanks in advance
      > Scott Kress

      take a look in the photo section. folder called con covers.

      Notes:
      I only have the last 10. ahh the memories..thanks for asking!
      any help from con fans on the credits for the '99 back cover. (not
      inside of program)
      2001 had another cover "Star Wars" dont have that one.
      Notice the "10 Anniversary" on both 2002 and 2003!!! Is 2007 the 15th
      or 14th??
      Most of the original art was sold at the Make-A-Wish auctions on the
      Saturday of the shows! Promoters own most of them!!!

      does this mean a Grell cover this year??
      sure hope so, would love to see that in the charity auction!!!
    • ducky1560
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2 6:48 PM
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <coymn@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hey Folks, if anyone here has scans of the covers from the past
        > > convention in pittsburgh, would you please send me a scan of
        them..
        > > they dont have to be large or anything, but would like to see
        what has
        > > been done in the past as far as art goes.. email me at coymn(at)
        > hvc.rr.com
        > >
        > > thanks in advance
        > > Scott Kress
        > >
        > take a look in the photo section. folder called con covers.
        >
        > Notes:
        > I only have the last 10. ahh the memories..thanks for asking!
        > any help from con fans on the credits for the '99 back cover. (not
        > inside of program)
        > 2001 had another cover "Star Wars" dont have that one.
        > Notice the "10 Anniversary" on both 2002 and 2003!!! Is 2007 the
        15th
        > or 14th??
        > Most of the original art was sold at the Make-A-Wish auctions on
        the
        > Saturday of the shows! Promoters own most of them!!!
        >
        > does this mean a Grell cover this year??
        > sure hope so, would love to see that in the charity auction!!!

        freakin' Yahoo...can't get photos loaded..."unsuported image type"
        tried them as Jpeg's and Jpg's...neither worked and Yahoo hates
        bmp's...
        check your e-mail...
      • R Howard
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5 8:11 AM
          I have all the con programs dating back to the second year (there was no program for the 1st year IIRC) at home somewhere, it would just be a matter of digging them out, which I haven't had a chance to do.  And I actually own Matt Busch's painting for that Star Wars cover.  :)

          I believe I know who did all the covers - what was the image on the back cover of the '99 program?

          As for the 10th anniversary question - the reason it was "celebrated" two years in a row was that the 10th convention (in 2002) was erroneously called the 10th Anniversary.  In other words, if you get married, the date one year after your marriage is your first anniversary, not your second.  Likewise, the second year of the convention was it's first anniversary, so the 11th year (2003) was technically the real 10th Anniversary.

          2007 will be the 15th convention, but only the 14th anniversary of the first convention.

          ducky1560 <ducky1560@...> wrote:
          --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "Scott" <coymn@...> wrote:

          > Hey Folks, if anyone here has scans of the covers from the past
          > convention in pittsburgh, would you please send me a scan of them..
          > they dont have to be large or anything, but would like to see what has
          > been done in the past as far as art goes.. email me at coymn(at)
          hvc.rr.com

          > thanks in advance
          > Scott Kress

          take a look in the photo section. folder called con covers.

          Notes:
          I only have the last 10. ahh the memories..thanks for asking!
          any help from con fans on the credits for the '99 back cover. (not
          inside of program)
          2001 had another cover "Star Wars" dont have that one.
          Notice the "10 Anniversary" on both 2002 and 2003!!! Is 2007 the 15th
          or 14th??
          Most of the original art was sold at the Make-A-Wish auctions on the
          Saturday of the shows! Promoters own most of them!!!

          does this mean a Grell cover this year??
          sure hope so, would love to see that in the charity auction!!!

          Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
          in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

        • ducky1560
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6 5:55 AM
            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@...>
            wrote:

            I was able to e-mail them 5 at a time, again, Yahoo e-mail size
            limits.

            But it would still be cool it you could post them! I am going to try
            deleting some of my other picture posts, then retry the covers!!

            SO YOU are one of the lucky ones that owns one of the "FEW" covers
            that M & R don't have! My wife and I have the Patrick Block, Donald
            Duck cover from '04! I think there may only be "1" other in private
            hands!!

            I Believe the '99 back cover is the "Buffy/Angel" group shot?

          • R
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 7 4:04 AM
              IIRC, the Buffy cover was either done by Brian Rood or Jerry
              Vanderstadt.

              Yeah there aren't many covers that slipped through M&R's fingers,
              and offhand I can only think of one other one - the Xena cover by
              Brian Rood.

              wrote:

> [...]
              > > hvc.rr.com
              > > >
              > > > thanks in advance
              > > > Scott Kress
              > > >
              > > take a look in the photo section. folder called con covers.
              > >
              > > Notes:
              > > I only have the last 10. ahh the memories..thanks for asking!
              > > any help from con fans on the credits for the '99 back cover.
              (not
              > > inside of program)
              > > 2001 had another cover "Star Wars" dont have that one.
              > > Notice the "10 Anniversary" on both 2002 and 2003!!! Is 2007 the
              > 15th
              > > or 14th??
              > > Most of the original art was sold at the Make-A-Wish auctions on
              > the
              > > Saturday of the shows! Promoters own most of them!!!
              > >
              > > does this mean a Grell cover this year??
              > > sure hope so, would love to see that in the charity auction!!!

            • Scott
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 7 9:28 AM
                THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PROVIDED SCANS!!!!
                Hope to see you all at the Pittsburgh Show.. Mike Grell will be at my
                booth S-16/17 And he'll be doing con drawings too!!
                Regards,
                Scott Kress
                www.catskillcomics.com