Fw: Horror-Goth Designer/Illustrator Sought for Dracula Stage Show Poster

  • Gene Fenton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2007

      The Rage of the Stage Players, a Pittsburgh-based, not-for-profit
      theatre group dedicated to offbeat stage productions including goth,
      horror, mature fantasy, and black comedy, is seeking a dedicated,
      volunteer artist/illustrator/ designer to offer their services in the
      creation of the poster/program cover design (which will be one-in-the-
      same) for our upcoming original/modernized stage adaptation of Bram
      Stoker's classic Dracula.
      We require someone who is patient, creative, and dedicated, and who
      is willing to devote their serious attention to the project despite
      its voluntary nature. Meeting deadlines is a must. The artist must
      also have a flare for striking imagery mainly in black and white,
      with the possible addition of one other color. This could be a great
      opportunity for a fun portfolio piece. Anyone with a background in
      darker/gritty types of imagery is encouraged. WE will provide the
      information for the poster/program cover.
      Please note that as this is a different, updated take on the
      character, the emphasis will be on Dracul "the dragon." Under the
      working title, Dracula The Dragon Prince, the character will be
      portrayed as a young prince with a dragon/reptile- theme. We are not
      interested in the more common imagery of bats, wolves, cemeteries lit
      by moonlight, etc. This is where the imaginative part comes in.
      However, blood is still welcome, of course.
      Please remember that this is strictly on a VOLUNTARY BASIS ONLY. We
      are a not-for profit theatre group, and have a limited budget with
      which to work. If you have any questions/or would simply like to
      contact us, you can do so via email at rageofthestage@ yahoo.com.
      SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE! You can also check out some of our
      past stagework at http://www.myspace. com/rageofthesta ge. Thank you.