Past Pittsburgh Comic con Program cover scans

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 17, 2007
      Hey Folks, if anyone here has scans of the covers from the past
      convention in pittsburgh, would you please send me a scan of them..
      they dont have to be large or anything, but would like to see what has
      been done in the past as far as art goes.. email me at coymn(at)hvc.rr.com

      thanks in advance
      Scott Kress
    • ducky1560
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <coymn@...> wrote:

        > Hey Folks, if anyone here has scans of the covers from the past
        > convention in pittsburgh, would you please send me a scan of them..
        > they dont have to be large or anything, but would like to see what has
        > been done in the past as far as art goes.. email me at coymn(at)
        hvc.rr.com

        > thanks in advance
        > Scott Kress

        take a look in the photo section. folder called con covers.

        Notes:
        I only have the last 10. ahh the memories..thanks for asking!
        any help from con fans on the credits for the '99 back cover. (not
        inside of program)
        2001 had another cover "Star Wars" dont have that one.
        Notice the "10 Anniversary" on both 2002 and 2003!!! Is 2007 the 15th
        or 14th??
        Most of the original art was sold at the Make-A-Wish auctions on the
        Saturday of the shows! Promoters own most of them!!!

        does this mean a Grell cover this year??
        sure hope so, would love to see that in the charity auction!!!
      • ducky1560
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <coymn@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey Folks, if anyone here has scans of the covers from the past
          > > convention in pittsburgh, would you please send me a scan of
          them..
          > > they dont have to be large or anything, but would like to see
          what has
          > > been done in the past as far as art goes.. email me at coymn(at)
          > hvc.rr.com
          > >
          > > thanks in advance
          > > Scott Kress
          > >
          > take a look in the photo section. folder called con covers.
          >
          > Notes:
          > I only have the last 10. ahh the memories..thanks for asking!
          > any help from con fans on the credits for the '99 back cover. (not
          > inside of program)
          > 2001 had another cover "Star Wars" dont have that one.
          > Notice the "10 Anniversary" on both 2002 and 2003!!! Is 2007 the
          15th
          > or 14th??
          > Most of the original art was sold at the Make-A-Wish auctions on
          the
          > Saturday of the shows! Promoters own most of them!!!
          >
          > does this mean a Grell cover this year??
          > sure hope so, would love to see that in the charity auction!!!

          freakin' Yahoo...can't get photos loaded..."unsuported image type"
          tried them as Jpeg's and Jpg's...neither worked and Yahoo hates
          bmp's...
          check your e-mail...
        • R Howard
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2007
            I have all the con programs dating back to the second year (there was no program for the 1st year IIRC) at home somewhere, it would just be a matter of digging them out, which I haven't had a chance to do.  And I actually own Matt Busch's painting for that Star Wars cover.  :)

            I believe I know who did all the covers - what was the image on the back cover of the '99 program?

            As for the 10th anniversary question - the reason it was "celebrated" two years in a row was that the 10th convention (in 2002) was erroneously called the 10th Anniversary.  In other words, if you get married, the date one year after your marriage is your first anniversary, not your second.  Likewise, the second year of the convention was it's first anniversary, so the 11th year (2003) was technically the real 10th Anniversary.

            2007 will be the 15th convention, but only the 14th anniversary of the first convention.

            ducky1560 <ducky1560@...> wrote:
            --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "Scott" <coymn@...> wrote:

            > Hey Folks, if anyone here has scans of the covers from the past
            > convention in pittsburgh, would you please send me a scan of them..
            > they dont have to be large or anything, but would like to see what has
            > been done in the past as far as art goes.. email me at coymn(at)
            hvc.rr.com

            > thanks in advance
            > Scott Kress

            take a look in the photo section. folder called con covers.

            Notes:
            I only have the last 10. ahh the memories..thanks for asking!
            any help from con fans on the credits for the '99 back cover. (not
            inside of program)
            2001 had another cover "Star Wars" dont have that one.
            Notice the "10 Anniversary" on both 2002 and 2003!!! Is 2007 the 15th
            or 14th??
            Most of the original art was sold at the Make-A-Wish auctions on the
            Saturday of the shows! Promoters own most of them!!!

            does this mean a Grell cover this year??
            sure hope so, would love to see that in the charity auction!!!

            Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
            in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

          • ducky1560
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 6, 2007
              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@...>
              wrote:

              I was able to e-mail them 5 at a time, again, Yahoo e-mail size
              limits.

              But it would still be cool it you could post them! I am going to try
              deleting some of my other picture posts, then retry the covers!!

              SO YOU are one of the lucky ones that owns one of the "FEW" covers
              that M & R don't have! My wife and I have the Patrick Block, Donald
              Duck cover from '04! I think there may only be "1" other in private
              hands!!

              I Believe the '99 back cover is the "Buffy/Angel" group shot?

            • R
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 7, 2007
                IIRC, the Buffy cover was either done by Brian Rood or Jerry
                Vanderstadt.

                Yeah there aren't many covers that slipped through M&R's fingers,
                and offhand I can only think of one other one - the Xena cover by
                Brian Rood.

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 7, 2007
                  THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PROVIDED SCANS!!!!
                  Hope to see you all at the Pittsburgh Show.. Mike Grell will be at my
                  booth S-16/17 And he'll be doing con drawings too!!
                  Regards,
                  Scott Kress
                  www.catskillcomics.com