- View Source
Join the Legions of the Lifeless
All horror enthusiasts are formally invited to participate in Pittsburgh's first ever Zombie Walk. The event will take place in Pittsburgh's South Side on September 22, 2006.
The plan is pretty simple:
*7:30 PM - All Zombies report to The Town Tavern
Apply make up if you haven't already and practice saying "Braaaiiinnnss....need braaaiiinnnnssss".(Early arrivals - The Town Tavern 's happy hour is from 5:00 to 8:00 PM)
*8:00 PM - Begin Walk.
Zombies exit Town Tavern and shamble about for a period of one hour. Eat, drink, explore the shops, but when on the street you must stay in Zombie Mode.
(See Rules of Conduct & "What is a Zombie Walk" below)
*9:00 PM - Zombies Disperse.
The Zombie Walk is over. But wait! There's more...
**The cast from It's Alive, Pittsburgh's own Horror Host TV show will be appearing at The Rex Theater (about 3 blocks from The Town Tavern).
**Festivities at The Rex will include:
-The Comedy Stylings of Stiffy The Dead Clown
-Sets by the bands DEATHMOBILE and The Forbidden 5
-A Classic Horror Film (TBA) Sponsored by Straub Beer
*Tickets will be sold at the door on a "first come, first serve" basis
so don't be late!
The Rex Theatre
1602 E. Carson Street, South Side Pittsburgh, PA 15203 Phone:412-381-6811
**Zombie Rules of Conduct**
1. Use the "haunted house" rule in that you are not to touch anyone.
2. Do not attempt to scare anyone who is not a willing participant. If anyone is freaking out, turn and shamble in the opposite direction. Avoid confrontations!
3. Stay on the sidewalk unless crossing the street. When crossing, it's OK to "break character" and cross quickly. Think fast "New Dawn of the Dead" zombies verses the slower "Old Dawn of the Dead" zombies when crossing the street. Blocking traffic is a crime and anyone doing so could be arrested.
4. No drugs. None. Forget it.
5. No alcohol outside the bars. This will get you a nice fine.
6. No littering, destruction of property, or any other illegal activity. Pretend the South Side is your own neighborhood and show the utmost respect. This is something we would like to do many times a year and we don't want to ruin it. Remember, the media will be watching us (along with the Pittsburgh Police) and this event could get world wide news coverage. Let's put on a good show.
**What is a Zombie Walk?
A zombie walk is an organized public gathering of two or more people who dress up in zombie costumes. Usually taking place in an urban centre, the participants make their way around the city streets and through shopping malls in a somewhat orderly fashion and often limping and gnawing their way towards a local cemetery.
During the event participants are encouraged to remain in character as zombies and to communicate only in a manner consistent with zombies (such as grunts, groans and slurred moans calling for brains.)