"Serenity" movie screening for charity

  • Cate
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
      Hi all!

      Just wanted to let everybody know about a screening of Joss
      Whedon's "SERENITY" that's happening on June 22nd (that's a Thursday)
      at 8:00pm at the Oaks Theater in Oakmont, PA.

      This screening is part of a worldwide effort to raise money for the
      women's rights organization Equality Now. All proceeds will go to
      Equality Now.

      For more information on the charity screenings and Equality Now - plus
      how to buy tickets - check out http://pabrowncoats.blogspot.com

      It's a great movie for a great cause and we hope you can join us!

      -Cate & the PA Browncoats
    • Brian Stone
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2006
        Its not in an effort to ressurect the wrongfully canceled Firefly series?

        That would be much funner than "women's rights" ;p (joke, chill baby. chill)

        Any info on the rumors of Sci-fi buying it out and makign a 2nd season?

        cha cha

        >From: "Cate" <honeyloupe@...>
        >To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [pittscomicon] "Serenity" movie screening for charity
        >Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 03:21:02 -0000
        >
        >Hi all!
        >
        >Just wanted to let everybody know about a screening of Joss
        >Whedon's "SERENITY" that's happening on June 22nd (that's a Thursday)
        >at 8:00pm at the Oaks Theater in Oakmont, PA.
        >
        >This screening is part of a worldwide effort to raise money for the
        >women's rights organization Equality Now. All proceeds will go to
        >Equality Now.
        >
        >For more information on the charity screenings and Equality Now - plus
        >how to buy tickets - check out http://pabrowncoats.blogspot.com
        >
        >It's a great movie for a great cause and we hope you can join us!
        >
        >-Cate & the PA Browncoats

      • Cate Stevens-Davis
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2006
          Well, hey, if that's what comes of it - even better. :)

          Sci-fi rumors aren't true. Fox would never let it happen, bastards.