Re: star wars

  • norvandell
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27, 2005
      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"
      <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:

      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "norvandell" <BIG_BOOTE@H...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"
      > > <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "norvandell"
      > <BIG_BOOTE@H...>

      > > > actors
      > on.
      > > > Like
      > how
      > > > good
      > too
      > > > being
      > > >

      > > > I refuse to believe there is more to life than comics.
      > > >
      > > > I was kidding, by the way. Thats why I wrote 'j/k' and gave you
      > the
      > > > goofy smiley ':P'.
      > > >
      > > > And wizard DOES suck...bastards!
      > >
      > > I kinda thought there was more to it than being serious. Also,
      > just
      > > got the j/k. Ever notice how wizard talks up certain books as
      > > being "cool", then everyone buys the hell out of them, and what
      > > happens next....Image implosion of the 90's all over again.
      > exactly
      > > what happend to Valliant and just this past year CrossGen.
      > > Coincidence?.
      >
      > Yeah, I read something about them buying a bunch of back issues of
      > Valiant comics, and then listing them as 'hot' and claiming
      > their 'value' was throught the roof. I think the jigs been up on
      > them for a while, now. Any reputable dealer will tell you theyre
      > full of shit. Stuff like this, plus all the variant covers, etc,
      > make me worry about the future of comics. Its like were in the 90s
      > again. Hell, Wolvie is in almost every Marvel book (again). This is
      > why I believe people shouldnt buy comics for their
      > supposed 'monetary value', but more for their 'enjoyment value'. We
      > had a thread on this on the BENDIS! Board not too long ago. Check
      > out the site,. Something tells me you would dig it.
      > http://www.imagecomics.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?
      > f=3&sid=4ed078635f0329ca161d79da97856ff1

      Atleast there is someone else that feels the same way as I. What ever
      happend to earth changing events that will effect the future of the
      comic for the next year, only to fall short. And didn't marvel cut
      back on the number of titles for a given character or group. Diluting
      the gene pool so to speak, what the deuce.