Fw: Making the next Filk Night (May 13) better

  • Gene Fenton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7 8:05 PM

      We invite all fans of science fiction, fantasy, and horror (and everyone
      else who's interested in out-of-the-ordinary music) to attend the fifth
      installment of our Filk Nights at the Starlite Lounge at 364 Freeport
      Rd. in Blawnox this Saturday, May 13, from 8 p.m. until between 11 p.m.
      and midnight. "Filk" is the folk music of the fantastic and its fans;
      several local musicians and vocalists will be performing, and we'll be
      doing singalongs too (nothing too dorky, we promise!). There's no cover,
      although we'll be passing the hat toward the purchase of a sound system
      for Confluence (http://parsec-sff.org/confluence/), Pittsburgh's
      literary/musical science fiction convention, which will be happening on
      July 28-30 this year. Please, no smoking or during-music conversation in
      the performance room; you can do this in the Starlite's adjoining bar
      area. Kids are welcome if accompanied by parents or guardians, although
      we can't guarantee that the lyrical content of the songs won't
      occasionally stray into PG-13 territory or beyond. We're looking forward
      to a fun and thought-provoking evening; we hope you can join us!