Re: costume question

  • Kirisawa Fuko
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
      We did try to project. But yeah, considering the lack of mics and that
      one of our characters has a mask over her mouth, it made it kind of
      hard. But I think we still got a good reaction from the audience, lots
      of laughing and clapping even if they didn't completely get it. As I
      said, we had a lot of fun regardless of winning or not too. And I
      agree with what you're saying. Hopefully at least some of this'll be
      improved for next year.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "hobanagarak" <hobanagarak@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan" <sillysully7@> wrote:
      > >
      > > You killed a NUN onstage infront of children.
      > >

      > > And you want to know why you lost?
      > >

      > Considering that one of the characters in the skit was a vampire, the
      > other a ninja and there was a TON of dialogue I'm sure only the people
      > on stage heard, but would have clarified what was going on, no, I
      > wouldn't say that was the case. At least I hope not. And presumably
      > contrary to the judges, I'm familiar with two/thirds of the characters
      > in the skit
      >
      > Take my incredibly inexperienced opinion with a grain of salt, (I was
      > the silent Sith Lord, first time at costume-ery. Didn't think I'd win
      > anything, but I was really just happy to be there.) but there needs to
      > be group and individual categories in the future if solo-ers are ever
      > going to stand a chance. Or maybe established and original categories.
      > Or more versatile judges. That, and voice projection from all mic-less
      > parties involved on stage. ^_^

    • paulv70
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
        Oh dear...

        > The entire contest was video taped by a friend of mine and may be
        > uploaded online at some point. I'll post here if it is so you can see
        > the nun killing in all it's glory, lol.

      • EEGAH316
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 30, 2006
          Should that come to pass, I will totally burn it onto a DVD.