Re: costume question

  • hobanagarak
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan" <sillysully7@...> wrote:

      > You killed a NUN onstage infront of children.
      >

      > And you want to know why you lost?

      Considering that one of the characters in the skit was a vampire, the
      other a ninja and there was a TON of dialogue I'm sure only the people
      on stage heard, but would have clarified what was going on, no, I
      wouldn't say that was the case. At least I hope not. And presumably
      contrary to the judges, I'm familiar with two/thirds of the characters
      in the skit

      Take my incredibly inexperienced opinion with a grain of salt, (I was
      the silent Sith Lord, first time at costume-ery. Didn't think I'd win
      anything, but I was really just happy to be there.) but there needs to
      be group and individual categories in the future if solo-ers are ever
      going to stand a chance. Or maybe established and original categories.
      Or more versatile judges. That, and voice projection from all mic-less
      parties involved on stage. ^_^
    • Kirisawa Fuko
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
        Hey, I didn't ask why we didn't win. I merely mentioned in my opinion
        the judges were a bit biased and I would've preferred if it were run a
        little differently. And come one, it's not like it was a realistic
        death! The nun got stabbed in the back by a fake sword and fell down.
        No blood, no screaming in pain...and got back up and walked off less
        than a minute later once the skit was over. The judge/announcer made a
        comment about it and seemed amused. If that is seriously why we didn't
        win, I'd like to see something in the rules next year saying violence
        is frowned upon or to keep the skits PG rated...tho I still don't
        think our skit was anything above a PG-13. But if we did actually
        manage to offend anyone with it, I think that's pretty hilarious.

        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
          The entire contest was video taped by a friend of mine and may be
          uploaded online at some point. I'll post here if it is so you can see
          the nun killing in all it's glory, lol.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Chad \"Space Ghost\" Wilson"
          <spacghst@...> wrote:

          > WHAT? Damn! I missed THAT!

        • Kirisawa Fuko
          Message 4 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
            We did try to project. But yeah, considering the lack of mics and that
            one of our characters has a mask over her mouth, it made it kind of
            hard. But I think we still got a good reaction from the audience, lots
            of laughing and clapping even if they didn't completely get it. As I
            said, we had a lot of fun regardless of winning or not too. And I
            agree with what you're saying. Hopefully at least some of this'll be
            improved for next year.

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "hobanagarak" <hobanagarak@...>
            wrote:

            > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan" <sillysully7@> wrote:
            > >
            > > You killed a NUN onstage infront of children.
            > >

            > > And you want to know why you lost?
            > >

            > Considering that one of the characters in the skit was a vampire, the
            > other a ninja and there was a TON of dialogue I'm sure only the people
            > on stage heard, but would have clarified what was going on, no, I
            > wouldn't say that was the case. At least I hope not. And presumably
            > contrary to the judges, I'm familiar with two/thirds of the characters
            > in the skit
            >
            > Take my incredibly inexperienced opinion with a grain of salt, (I was
            > the silent Sith Lord, first time at costume-ery. Didn't think I'd win
            > anything, but I was really just happy to be there.) but there needs to
            > be group and individual categories in the future if solo-ers are ever
            > going to stand a chance. Or maybe established and original categories.
            > Or more versatile judges. That, and voice projection from all mic-less
            > parties involved on stage. ^_^

          • paulv70
            Message 5 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
              Oh dear...

              > The entire contest was video taped by a friend of mine and may be
              > uploaded online at some point. I'll post here if it is so you can see
              > the nun killing in all it's glory, lol.

            • EEGAH316
              Message 6 of 28 , Apr 30, 2006
                Should that come to pass, I will totally burn it onto a DVD.