Re: costume question

  • Ryan
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
      You killed a NUN onstage infront of children.

      And you want to know why you lost?
    • hobanagarak
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan" <sillysully7@...> wrote:

        > You killed a NUN onstage infront of children.
        >

        > And you want to know why you lost?

        Considering that one of the characters in the skit was a vampire, the
        other a ninja and there was a TON of dialogue I'm sure only the people
        on stage heard, but would have clarified what was going on, no, I
        wouldn't say that was the case. At least I hope not. And presumably
        contrary to the judges, I'm familiar with two/thirds of the characters
        in the skit

        Take my incredibly inexperienced opinion with a grain of salt, (I was
        the silent Sith Lord, first time at costume-ery. Didn't think I'd win
        anything, but I was really just happy to be there.) but there needs to
        be group and individual categories in the future if solo-ers are ever
        going to stand a chance. Or maybe established and original categories.
        Or more versatile judges. That, and voice projection from all mic-less
        parties involved on stage. ^_^
      • Chad "Space Ghost" Wilson
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
          Re: [pittscomicon] Re: costume question on 4/27/06 4:52 PM, Ryan at sillysully7@... wrote:

          You killed a NUN onstage infront of children.

                 And you want to know why you lost?

          WHAT? Damn! I missed THAT!
        • Kirisawa Fuko
          Message 4 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
            Hey, I didn't ask why we didn't win. I merely mentioned in my opinion
            the judges were a bit biased and I would've preferred if it were run a
            little differently. And come one, it's not like it was a realistic
            death! The nun got stabbed in the back by a fake sword and fell down.
            No blood, no screaming in pain...and got back up and walked off less
            than a minute later once the skit was over. The judge/announcer made a
            comment about it and seemed amused. If that is seriously why we didn't
            win, I'd like to see something in the rules next year saying violence
            is frowned upon or to keep the skits PG rated...tho I still don't
            think our skit was anything above a PG-13. But if we did actually
            manage to offend anyone with it, I think that's pretty hilarious.

            Message 5 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
              The entire contest was video taped by a friend of mine and may be
              uploaded online at some point. I'll post here if it is so you can see
              the nun killing in all it's glory, lol.

              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Chad \"Space Ghost\" Wilson"
              <spacghst@...> wrote:

              > WHAT? Damn! I missed THAT!

            • Kirisawa Fuko
              Message 6 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
                We did try to project. But yeah, considering the lack of mics and that
                one of our characters has a mask over her mouth, it made it kind of
                hard. But I think we still got a good reaction from the audience, lots
                of laughing and clapping even if they didn't completely get it. As I
                said, we had a lot of fun regardless of winning or not too. And I
                agree with what you're saying. Hopefully at least some of this'll be
                improved for next year.

                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "hobanagarak" <hobanagarak@...>
                wrote:

                > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan" <sillysully7@> wrote:
                > >
                > > You killed a NUN onstage infront of children.
                > >

                > > And you want to know why you lost?
                > >

                > Considering that one of the characters in the skit was a vampire, the
                > other a ninja and there was a TON of dialogue I'm sure only the people
                > on stage heard, but would have clarified what was going on, no, I
                > wouldn't say that was the case. At least I hope not. And presumably
                > contrary to the judges, I'm familiar with two/thirds of the characters
                > in the skit
                >
                > Take my incredibly inexperienced opinion with a grain of salt, (I was
                > the silent Sith Lord, first time at costume-ery. Didn't think I'd win
                > anything, but I was really just happy to be there.) but there needs to
                > be group and individual categories in the future if solo-ers are ever
                > going to stand a chance. Or maybe established and original categories.
                > Or more versatile judges. That, and voice projection from all mic-less
                > parties involved on stage. ^_^

              • paulv70
                Message 7 of 28 , Apr 27, 2006
                  Oh dear...

                  > The entire contest was video taped by a friend of mine and may be
                  > uploaded online at some point. I'll post here if it is so you can see
                  > the nun killing in all it's glory, lol.

                • EEGAH316
                  Message 8 of 28 , Apr 30, 2006
                    Should that come to pass, I will totally burn it onto a DVD.