Re: [pittscomicon] Re: I just wanna say...

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 21, 2006
      sounds good to me, im a big guy too, ill be walkin around and there will be a inkpen on my shirt, im sure it wont be hard to miss......lol

      "Dirk...Dirk Diggler" <datlocolatino@...> wrote:
      Im jiggy wit' it. In fact, Ill be walking around all day tomorrow so
      everyone feel free to say hi. Im a big, bald, tattoed guy and Ill have
      on a Joker shirt and more than likely be with a lil brunette. Im up
      for grabbing some grub after the show for sure.

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • leroy dedominicis
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 22, 2006
        actually i dont have the chance to get this much art but i am finally able to get quite a bit this year.
        prices have varied
        perez stayed the same at 50.00 a head shot and 150.00 a full figure
        ithougth caldwell was hi for 100.00 to do a pin up but i got 1 anyways,lol
        most guys charging about 50.00.
        tim vigil is awesome for 60.00 inked
        dave hoover is also a fave of mine. his coloring of his own art is sooo nice. only 75.00 colored

        qrychepgh <szelim@...> wrote:
        What have the artists typically been charging for the commissions?

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, leroy dedominicis
        <collector1204@...> wrote:

        > con was pretty good today for gettin art. all artists seemed to be
        ok to get to. althought i got comissions from caldwell, vigil,
        conrad, deodato, frenz , green,casey jones and perez and will be
        back tomorrow to pick them up.great day at show

        > DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:  im in the hotel now, i think all
        of us should meet up here one of these years. how about it?

        > Alyson Rhodes <kashira@...> wrote:
        >
        >      Dirk...Dirk Diggler             < datlocolatino@...> to
        pittscomicon
        >    More options     1:45 am (5 hours ago)that Im starting to get
        really excited. I shall revel in my
        > dorkiness.  And when I get home, I plan to spread all my new
        comics
        > out on my bed and roll around nekkid on them.
        > Mwahahahahhahahhahahahahahaha!   !!
        > -----
        >

        > Hahahaha, that sounds like the best idea EVER.
        > Oh, uh, hi! I'm Aly; I haven't yet posted to this group. I'm 20
        and I currently live in State College, PA, though I'm originally
        from Mt. Pleasant, which is a hop, skip, and a jump away from the
        con. This'll be my 5th year going, and it's one of the biggest
        things I look forward to every year.

        > That said, I guess this could have been asked sooner, but oh well,
        nothing like a little "oh my god it's so close I can almost taste
        it" con excitement: what part of the con this year are you most
        looking forward to this year?
        > Me? Broadsword Comics. Last time they were there I was 17, and it
        took until I came to college and learned the secret of monthly
        subscriptions that I was able to read Tarot again. So I'm really
        looking forward to seeing them there this year!

        > I won't be making it in to the area for the con until tomorrow, so
        those of you going tonight had best have lots of fun!

        > Aly
        >
        >   On 4/21/06, Dirk...Dirk Diggler <datlocolatino@...> wrote:
        that Im starting to get really excited. I shall revel in my
        > dorkiness.  And when I get home, I plan to spread all my new
        comics
        > out on my bed and roll around nekkid on them.
        > Mwahahahahhahahhahahahahahaha!!!

        Service .

        > ---------------------------------

        may be the world."

        Service.

        > ---------------------------------
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 23, 2006
          In a message dated 4/22/2006 10:01:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, collector1204@... writes:
          actually i dont have the chance to get this much art but i am finally able to get quite a bit this year.
          prices have varied
          perez stayed the same at 50.00 a head shot and 150.00 a full figure
          ithougth caldwell was hi for 100.00 to do a pin up but i got 1 anyways,lol
          most guys charging about 50.00.
          tim vigil is awesome for 60.00 inked
          dave hoover is also a fave of mine. his coloring of his own art is sooo nice. only 75.00 colored

          well i had the inside track to the con and actually got to meet and hang out with pretty much everyone there at a vip party saturday night. man what a night. you should have seen all the doodles they were doing for kicks and just leaving them lay around on the table. everyone is very nice and sociable to. support all these guys bc not only are they awesome artists but great people at boot. heck andy lee and i were talking today while i was in costume and he whipped up a sketch of me and gave it to me as a gift! i was blown away!!
          i used to race my car for years and know alot of those people that race and own car parts companies, baer, hotchkis, shelby, etc and these artists remind me of them. its a tight group, they all know each other but they are all like family. super people!  i dont think the prices were to high for what they have to do and am glad to support them when i can. cant wait for the 07 con!