I just wanna say...

  • Dirk...Dirk Diggler
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 20 10:45 PM
      that Im starting to get really excited. I shall revel in my
      dorkiness. And when I get home, I plan to spread all my new comics
      out on my bed and roll around nekkid on them.
      Mwahahahahhahahhahahahahahaha!!!
    • Alyson Rhodes
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 21 4:10 AM

        Dirk...Dirk Diggler
        < datlocolatino@...> to pittscomicon
         More options   1:45 am (5 hours ago)
        that Im starting to get really excited. I shall revel in my
        dorkiness.  And when I get home, I plan to spread all my new comics
        out on my bed and roll around nekkid on them.
        Mwahahahahhahahhahahahahahaha!
        !!
        -----

        Hahahaha, that sounds like the best idea EVER.
        Oh, uh, hi! I'm Aly; I haven't yet posted to this group. I'm 20 and I currently live in State College, PA, though I'm originally from Mt. Pleasant, which is a hop, skip, and a jump away from the con. This'll be my 5th year going, and it's one of the biggest things I look forward to every year.

        That said, I guess this could have been asked sooner, but oh well, nothing like a little "oh my god it's so close I can almost taste it" con excitement: what part of the con this year are you most looking forward to this year?
        Me? Broadsword Comics. Last time they were there I was 17, and it took until I came to college and learned the secret of monthly subscriptions that I was able to read Tarot again. So I'm really looking forward to seeing them there this year!

        I won't be making it in to the area for the con until tomorrow, so those of you going tonight had best have lots of fun!

        Aly

        On 4/21/06, Dirk...Dirk Diggler <datlocolatino@...> wrote:
        that Im starting to get really excited. I shall revel in my
        dorkiness.  And when I get home, I plan to spread all my new comics
        out on my bed and roll around nekkid on them.
        Mwahahahahhahahhahahahahahaha!!!

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Will Crites
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 21 4:22 AM
          Hey Aly. The same for me, its my 5th year going. I'm most excited about Jim and Holly coming back to the PCC. I'll be the guy in line waiting for a sketch, wearing black w/ boots up to my knees.

          Will

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 21 7:18 AM
            Hey Aly, Im from Youngwood, just around the way from mount Pleasant.
            Small world! well, not really, but you know. :D

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 21 6:30 PM
                  Damn, dude. You must be some kinda high roller shelling out that kinda
                  cash for drawings! Im hoping to just nab a couple freebie/ cheapie
                  sketches from a couple people. Ill post what I get whenever i get a
                  chance.
                • Dirk...Dirk Diggler
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 21 6:32 PM
                    Im jiggy wit' it. In fact, Ill be walking around all day tomorrow so
                    everyone feel free to say hi. Im a big, bald, tattoed guy and Ill have
                    on a Joker shirt and more than likely be with a lil brunette. Im up
                    for grabbing some grub after the show for sure.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 22 6:59 PM
                        actually i dont have the chance to get this much art but i am finally able to get quite a bit this year.
                        prices have varied
                        perez stayed the same at 50.00 a head shot and 150.00 a full figure
                        ithougth caldwell was hi for 100.00 to do a pin up but i got 1 anyways,lol
                        most guys charging about 50.00.
                        tim vigil is awesome for 60.00 inked
                        dave hoover is also a fave of mine. his coloring of his own art is sooo nice. only 75.00 colored

                        qrychepgh <szelim@...> wrote:
                        What have the artists typically been charging for the commissions?

                        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, leroy dedominicis
                        <collector1204@...> wrote:

                        > con was pretty good today for gettin art. all artists seemed to be
                        ok to get to. althought i got comissions from caldwell, vigil,
                        conrad, deodato, frenz , green,casey jones and perez and will be
                        back tomorrow to pick them up.great day at show

                        > DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:  im in the hotel now, i think all
                        of us should meet up here one of these years. how about it?

                        > Alyson Rhodes <kashira@...> wrote:
                        >
                        >      Dirk...Dirk Diggler             < datlocolatino@...> to
                        pittscomicon
                        >    More options     1:45 am (5 hours ago)that Im starting to get
                        really excited. I shall revel in my
                        > dorkiness.  And when I get home, I plan to spread all my new
                        comics
                        > out on my bed and roll around nekkid on them.
                        > Mwahahahahhahahhahahahahahaha!   !!
                        > -----
                        >

                        > Hahahaha, that sounds like the best idea EVER.
                        > Oh, uh, hi! I'm Aly; I haven't yet posted to this group. I'm 20
                        and I currently live in State College, PA, though I'm originally
                        from Mt. Pleasant, which is a hop, skip, and a jump away from the
                        con. This'll be my 5th year going, and it's one of the biggest
                        things I look forward to every year.

                        > That said, I guess this could have been asked sooner, but oh well,
                        nothing like a little "oh my god it's so close I can almost taste
                        it" con excitement: what part of the con this year are you most
                        looking forward to this year?
                        > Me? Broadsword Comics. Last time they were there I was 17, and it
                        took until I came to college and learned the secret of monthly
                        subscriptions that I was able to read Tarot again. So I'm really
                        looking forward to seeing them there this year!

                        > I won't be making it in to the area for the con until tomorrow, so
                        those of you going tonight had best have lots of fun!

                        > Aly
                        >
                        >   On 4/21/06, Dirk...Dirk Diggler <datlocolatino@...> wrote:
                        that Im starting to get really excited. I shall revel in my
                        > dorkiness.  And when I get home, I plan to spread all my new
                        comics
                        > out on my bed and roll around nekkid on them.
                        > Mwahahahahhahahhahahahahahaha!!!

                        Service .

                        > ---------------------------------

                        may be the world."

                        Service.

                        > ---------------------------------
                        >

                        > ---------------------------------
                        Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.

                        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 23 2:05 PM
                          In a message dated 4/22/2006 10:01:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, collector1204@... writes:
                          actually i dont have the chance to get this much art but i am finally able to get quite a bit this year.
                          prices have varied
                          perez stayed the same at 50.00 a head shot and 150.00 a full figure
                          ithougth caldwell was hi for 100.00 to do a pin up but i got 1 anyways,lol
                          most guys charging about 50.00.
                          tim vigil is awesome for 60.00 inked
                          dave hoover is also a fave of mine. his coloring of his own art is sooo nice. only 75.00 colored

                          well i had the inside track to the con and actually got to meet and hang out with pretty much everyone there at a vip party saturday night. man what a night. you should have seen all the doodles they were doing for kicks and just leaving them lay around on the table. everyone is very nice and sociable to. support all these guys bc not only are they awesome artists but great people at boot. heck andy lee and i were talking today while i was in costume and he whipped up a sketch of me and gave it to me as a gift! i was blown away!!
                          i used to race my car for years and know alot of those people that race and own car parts companies, baer, hotchkis, shelby, etc and these artists remind me of them. its a tight group, they all know each other but they are all like family. super people!  i dont think the prices were to high for what they have to do and am glad to support them when i can. cant wait for the 07 con!