Re: [pittscomicon] 1st Time Comicon

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
      Be prepared for lines, i dont expect him to have a fee. most artists/writers dont. they are always willing to sign your comics, so load up a box an have at it.

      mcb223 <mcb223@...> wrote:
      What is the policy regarding taking a few comics to get signed by
      someone like Bendis?  Is that allowed?  Is there a fee?  Just curious
      if it's appropriate or not.  Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks

    • Dirk...Dirk Diggler
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
        Let me tell ya something. BENDIS! is one of the most polite, fan-
        friendly guys youll ever meet. He knows what its like to love comics
        and WILL NOT be a prick about anything. As a fan, I would say ' dont
        be a boner' and bring evry single issue of everything hes ever done.
        Its just not cool.

        And wear deodoant.

        For me.

        :)
      • jerry self
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
          HE IS AWESOME

          Best way is to bring your faves hes done. Took me awhile to figure that one out. Now i might bring 10 or so for someone -- if i have not met them before it might be a bit more - but that way you arent lugging a bunch around with you.

          the ones that get on my nerves are the ones who bring multiples of the same book since that means they are only getting to resell.

          also, go ahead and remove them from the bags (if you have em bagged & boarded) either before you come or inline, i saw one guy who had them in manilla envelopes with their names on em to keep seperated

          www.jjsphotos.com
          www.geocities.com/jjsdc03