Re: If you need a reason to attend the '06 Pittsburgh Comicon

  • ducky1560
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
      Hi Holly!
      Orlando in Feb. can't be beat! lol...(tan lines)

      Only thing that could have been better, Broadsword at Megacon. ;-)
      But I guess it will make Pittsburgh that much nicer.
      Quote "See ya real soon!"

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Jim Balent Studios <holly@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Don!
      > oh I bet fl was beautiful!
      > :-) (envy)
      > Holly
      >
      > ducky1560 wrote:
      >

      > > Sorry for the long delay, just got back to Yahoo. I was in
      Orlando
      > > for Megacon, another great show for buying art from a charity
      auction.
      > > Won the cover art for Supergirl 4, by Ian Churchhill, very nice
      piece
      > > and good price.
      > >
      > > But anywho..back to Pittsburgh. I recall the prices for the
      Perez
      > > Titans piece to be $2500. The Patrick Block Uncle Scrooge was
      somewhere
      > > between $1500-2000. The Strangers in Paradise art was indeed won
      by the
      > > Promoter. I dont recall the price, however the bidding was
      furious due
      > > to the fact he did not own any other Terry Moore pieces. If you
      plan on
      > > bidding on anything the promoters want, expect to pay a premium.
      He
      > > will usually win, however he has been known to lose out on some
      of his
      > > prizes. To be noted he does not currently own only 2-3 of the
      pieces
      > > that have graced his program covers. Most recently the Patrick
      Block
      > > cover from 2004, celebrating Donald Duck's 70th birthday, which
      by the
      > > way will NOT show up on E-Bay..
      > >
      > > Hi Holly, welcome back to Pittsburgh! :-)
      > >
      > > As for the Quick sketch, all of those pieces were won for
      $1.00.
      > > They sell raffle tickets for CBLDF, and have a drawing, each
      ticket
      > > costs $1.00. A group of artist gather for 1 hour and "draw",
      taking
      > > audience suggestions along the way. The artists have been known
      to be
      > > very creative in a short time. Most usually finish about 4
      pieces, some
      > > finish up to 10, yes in 1 hour! At the end of the hour, they just
      start
      > > drawing tickets..and if your number comes up...YOU WIN! Real easy
      and
      > > lots of fun. Highly recommended!
      > >

      > > Also to note, for sketches from artists, get there early. They
      only
      > > have a limited time at the show, and please allow for "potty
      breaks"
      > > and food breaks. They are human also, not drawing machines.
      Please be
      > > courteous and polite, it will make it more enjoyable for all! If
      their
      > > schedule is full, just say "thanks" or "no problem" there is no
      need to
      > > create a situation where the artist or the fan feels like they do
      not
      > > want to return to this wonderful show. Prices for sketches range
      from
      > > Free to upwards of $100.00. So be prepared!
      > >

      > > Sorry to ramble, but I really enjoy this show and all of the
      guests
      > > that take time from their busy schedules to help make it more
      > > successful every year. I make every attempt to support this show
      and
      > > have only missed 1 in the past 8 years, and I don't live in
      > > Pennsylvania. Its well worth the 5 hour drive for me!
      > >
      > > Hope you find this show to be enjoyable and hope you win
      somthing at
      > > any charity functions you chose to attend! (all are recommended)
      > >
      > > Have fun and enjoy '06, looks like it will be another great
      one!

      > > Donald
      > >

      > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <forgiona@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for posting the pics from last year's con. Do you
      happen to
      > > > recall how much some of those auction items went for?
      > > >
      > > > Speaking of auctions, this years Spiderwoman Comicon Flyer
      cover by
      > > > Jim Balent looks outstanding. I'm trying to get an idea of how
      much
      > > > it could bring, i.e. will I have a shot at it =) Any thoughts?
      > > >
      > > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@>

      > > look, it

      > > Comic book
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Comic+book&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+book+arti
      st&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&c=6&s=1
      27&.sig=OpThui_IhXDzWstTJVOg0A>
      > > Comic book store
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Comic+book+store&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+boo
      k+artist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&c
      =6&s=127&.sig=nKqnhIkTysf7_V64BNFhpQ>
      > > Comic book artist
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Comic+book+artist&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+bo
      ok+artist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&
      c=6&s=127&.sig=Mn5zVvmlB-oujpjFi5awQw>

      > > Comic book cover
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Comic+book+cover&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+boo
      k+artist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&c
      =6&s=127&.sig=4wWXUU5lS_sVoxMBg-FnTw>
      > > Comic book for sale
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Comic+book+for+sale&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+
      book+artist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+boo
      k&c=6&s=127&.sig=bfQkRldv0ApuZSBHRo7POQ>
      > > Dc comic book
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Dc+comic+book&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+book+a
      rtist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&c=6&
      s=127&.sig=RtNS93Aa0-zC1k_qJDwmoA>

      subject=Unsubscribe>

      ------

    • Jim Balent Studios
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
        that's way rough for us
        I'm a Disney/Universal addict
        so when we're down there
        (every year)
        it's for fun only!
        but we do get recognized at the parks! :-)
        Holly
      • ducky1560
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
          I noticed the photos in Tarot 32-33 in Orlando. I was there that
          same week. Didn't see you guys. :-(

          I would have recognized you, and said hello! I would notice the
          Beautiful High Preistess of Broadsword anywhere. (drool)

          Don.

          wrote:

          > that's way rough for us
          > I'm a Disney/Universal addict
          > so when we're down there
          > (every year)
          > it's for fun only!
          > but we do get recognized at the parks! :-)
          > Holly

        • Jim Balent Studios
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
            bummer