Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: If you need a reason to attend the '06 Pittsburgh Comicon

Expand Messages
  • ducky1560
    Sorry for the long delay, just got back to Yahoo. I was in Orlando for Megacon, another great show for buying art from a charity auction. Won the cover art for
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Sorry for the long delay, just got back to Yahoo. I was in Orlando
      for Megacon, another great show for buying art from a charity auction.
      Won the cover art for Supergirl 4, by Ian Churchhill, very nice piece
      and good price.

      But anywho..back to Pittsburgh. I recall the prices for the Perez
      Titans piece to be $2500. The Patrick Block Uncle Scrooge was somewhere
      between $1500-2000. The Strangers in Paradise art was indeed won by the
      Promoter. I dont recall the price, however the bidding was furious due
      to the fact he did not own any other Terry Moore pieces. If you plan on
      bidding on anything the promoters want, expect to pay a premium. He
      will usually win, however he has been known to lose out on some of his
      prizes. To be noted he does not currently own only 2-3 of the pieces
      that have graced his program covers. Most recently the Patrick Block
      cover from 2004, celebrating Donald Duck's 70th birthday, which by the
      way will NOT show up on E-Bay..

      Hi Holly, welcome back to Pittsburgh! :-)

      As for the Quick sketch, all of those pieces were won for $1.00.
      They sell raffle tickets for CBLDF, and have a drawing, each ticket
      costs $1.00. A group of artist gather for 1 hour and "draw", taking
      audience suggestions along the way. The artists have been known to be
      very creative in a short time. Most usually finish about 4 pieces, some
      finish up to 10, yes in 1 hour! At the end of the hour, they just start
      drawing tickets..and if your number comes up...YOU WIN! Real easy and
      lots of fun. Highly recommended!


      Also to note, for sketches from artists, get there early. They only
      have a limited time at the show, and please allow for "potty breaks"
      and food breaks. They are human also, not drawing machines. Please be
      courteous and polite, it will make it more enjoyable for all! If their
      schedule is full, just say "thanks" or "no problem" there is no need to
      create a situation where the artist or the fan feels like they do not
      want to return to this wonderful show. Prices for sketches range from
      Free to upwards of $100.00. So be prepared!


      Sorry to ramble, but I really enjoy this show and all of the guests
      that take time from their busy schedules to help make it more
      successful every year. I make every attempt to support this show and
      have only missed 1 in the past 8 years, and I don't live in
      Pennsylvania. Its well worth the 5 hour drive for me!

      Hope you find this show to be enjoyable and hope you win somthing at
      any charity functions you chose to attend! (all are recommended)

      Have fun and enjoy '06, looks like it will be another great one!

      Donald


      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <forgiona@...> wrote:
      >
      > Thanks for posting the pics from last year's con. Do you happen to
      > recall how much some of those auction items went for?
      >
      > Speaking of auctions, this years Spiderwoman Comicon Flyer cover by
      > Jim Balent looks outstanding. I'm trying to get an idea of how much
      > it could bring, i.e. will I have a shot at it =) Any thoughts?
      >
      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I just posted some really cool photos from the '05 Con. Take a
      look, it
      > > will give you some reasons not to miss '06!
    • Jim Balent Studios
      Hi Don! oh I bet fl was beautiful! ... Holly
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi Don!
        oh I bet fl was beautiful!
        :-) (envy)
        Holly

        ducky1560 wrote:
            
           Sorry for the long delay, just got back to Yahoo. I was in Orlando
        for Megacon, another great show for buying art from a charity auction.
        Won the cover art for Supergirl 4, by Ian Churchhill, very nice piece
        and good price.

           But anywho..back to Pittsburgh. I recall the prices for the Perez
        Titans piece to be $2500. The Patrick Block Uncle Scrooge was somewhere
        between $1500-2000. The Strangers in Paradise art was indeed won by the
        Promoter. I dont recall the price, however the bidding was furious due
        to the fact he did not own any other Terry Moore pieces. If you plan on
        bidding on anything the promoters want, expect to pay a premium. He
        will usually win, however he has been known to lose out on some of his
        prizes. To be noted he does not currently own only 2-3 of the pieces
        that have graced his program covers. Most recently the Patrick Block
        cover from 2004, celebrating Donald Duck's 70th birthday, which by the
        way will NOT show up on E-Bay..

        Hi Holly, welcome back to Pittsburgh! :-)

           As for the Quick sketch, all of those pieces were won for $1.00.
        They sell raffle tickets for CBLDF, and have a drawing, each ticket
        costs $1.00. A group of artist gather for 1 hour and "draw", taking
        audience suggestions along the way. The artists have been known to be
        very creative in a short time. Most usually finish about 4 pieces, some
        finish up to 10, yes in 1 hour! At the end of the hour, they just start
        drawing tickets..and if your number comes up...YOU WIN! Real easy and
        lots of fun. Highly recommended!


           Also to note, for sketches from artists, get there early. They only
        have a limited time at the show, and please allow for "potty breaks"
        and food breaks. They are human also, not drawing machines. Please be
        courteous and polite, it will make it more enjoyable for all! If their
        schedule is full, just say "thanks" or "no problem" there is no need to
        create a situation where the artist or the fan feels like they do not
        want to return to this wonderful show. Prices for sketches range from
        Free to upwards of $100.00. So be prepared!


           Sorry to ramble, but I really enjoy this show and all of the guests
        that take time from their busy schedules to help make it more
        successful every year. I make every attempt to support this show and
        have only missed 1 in the past 8 years, and I don't live in
        Pennsylvania. Its well worth the 5 hour drive for me!

           Hope you find this show to be enjoyable and hope you win somthing at
        any charity functions you chose to attend! (all are recommended)

           Have fun and enjoy '06, looks like it will be another great one!

        Donald


        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <forgiona@...> wrote:
        >
        > Thanks for posting the pics from last year's con.  Do you happen to
        > recall how much some of those auction items went for? 
        >
        > Speaking of auctions, this years Spiderwoman Comicon Flyer cover by
        > Jim Balent looks outstanding.  I'm trying to get an idea of how much
        > it could bring, i.e. will I have a shot at it =)  Any thoughts?
        >
        > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I just posted some really cool photos from the '05 Con. Take a
        look, it
        > > will give you some reasons not to miss '06!






      • ducky1560
        Hi Holly! Orlando in Feb. can t be beat! lol...(tan lines) Only thing that could have been better, Broadsword at Megacon. ;-) But I guess it will make
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          Hi Holly!
          Orlando in Feb. can't be beat! lol...(tan lines)

          Only thing that could have been better, Broadsword at Megacon. ;-)
          But I guess it will make Pittsburgh that much nicer.
          Quote "See ya real soon!"



          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Jim Balent Studios <holly@...>
          wrote:
          >
          > Hi Don!
          > oh I bet fl was beautiful!
          > :-) (envy)
          > Holly
          >
          > ducky1560 wrote:
          >
          > >
          > > Sorry for the long delay, just got back to Yahoo. I was in
          Orlando
          > > for Megacon, another great show for buying art from a charity
          auction.
          > > Won the cover art for Supergirl 4, by Ian Churchhill, very nice
          piece
          > > and good price.
          > >
          > > But anywho..back to Pittsburgh. I recall the prices for the
          Perez
          > > Titans piece to be $2500. The Patrick Block Uncle Scrooge was
          somewhere
          > > between $1500-2000. The Strangers in Paradise art was indeed won
          by the
          > > Promoter. I dont recall the price, however the bidding was
          furious due
          > > to the fact he did not own any other Terry Moore pieces. If you
          plan on
          > > bidding on anything the promoters want, expect to pay a premium.
          He
          > > will usually win, however he has been known to lose out on some
          of his
          > > prizes. To be noted he does not currently own only 2-3 of the
          pieces
          > > that have graced his program covers. Most recently the Patrick
          Block
          > > cover from 2004, celebrating Donald Duck's 70th birthday, which
          by the
          > > way will NOT show up on E-Bay..
          > >
          > > Hi Holly, welcome back to Pittsburgh! :-)
          > >
          > > As for the Quick sketch, all of those pieces were won for
          $1.00.
          > > They sell raffle tickets for CBLDF, and have a drawing, each
          ticket
          > > costs $1.00. A group of artist gather for 1 hour and "draw",
          taking
          > > audience suggestions along the way. The artists have been known
          to be
          > > very creative in a short time. Most usually finish about 4
          pieces, some
          > > finish up to 10, yes in 1 hour! At the end of the hour, they just
          start
          > > drawing tickets..and if your number comes up...YOU WIN! Real easy
          and
          > > lots of fun. Highly recommended!
          > >
          > >
          > > Also to note, for sketches from artists, get there early. They
          only
          > > have a limited time at the show, and please allow for "potty
          breaks"
          > > and food breaks. They are human also, not drawing machines.
          Please be
          > > courteous and polite, it will make it more enjoyable for all! If
          their
          > > schedule is full, just say "thanks" or "no problem" there is no
          need to
          > > create a situation where the artist or the fan feels like they do
          not
          > > want to return to this wonderful show. Prices for sketches range
          from
          > > Free to upwards of $100.00. So be prepared!
          > >
          > >
          > > Sorry to ramble, but I really enjoy this show and all of the
          guests
          > > that take time from their busy schedules to help make it more
          > > successful every year. I make every attempt to support this show
          and
          > > have only missed 1 in the past 8 years, and I don't live in
          > > Pennsylvania. Its well worth the 5 hour drive for me!
          > >
          > > Hope you find this show to be enjoyable and hope you win
          somthing at
          > > any charity functions you chose to attend! (all are recommended)
          > >
          > > Have fun and enjoy '06, looks like it will be another great
          one!
          > >
          > > Donald
          > >
          > >
          > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <forgiona@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Thanks for posting the pics from last year's con. Do you
          happen to
          > > > recall how much some of those auction items went for?
          > > >
          > > > Speaking of auctions, this years Spiderwoman Comicon Flyer
          cover by
          > > > Jim Balent looks outstanding. I'm trying to get an idea of how
          much
          > > > it could bring, i.e. will I have a shot at it =) Any thoughts?
          > > >
          > > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@>
          wrote:
          > > > >
          > > > > I just posted some really cool photos from the '05 Con. Take a
          > > look, it
          > > > > will give you some reasons not to miss '06!
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > > SPONSORED LINKS
          > > Comic book
          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Comic+book&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+book+arti
          st&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&c=6&s=1
          27&.sig=OpThui_IhXDzWstTJVOg0A>
          > > Comic book store
          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Comic+book+store&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+boo
          k+artist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&c
          =6&s=127&.sig=nKqnhIkTysf7_V64BNFhpQ>
          > > Comic book artist
          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Comic+book+artist&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+bo
          ok+artist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&
          c=6&s=127&.sig=Mn5zVvmlB-oujpjFi5awQw>
          > >
          > > Comic book cover
          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Comic+book+cover&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+boo
          k+artist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&c
          =6&s=127&.sig=4wWXUU5lS_sVoxMBg-FnTw>
          > > Comic book for sale
          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Comic+book+for+sale&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+
          book+artist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+boo
          k&c=6&s=127&.sig=bfQkRldv0ApuZSBHRo7POQ>
          > > Dc comic book
          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Dc+comic+book&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+book+a
          rtist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&c=6&
          s=127&.sig=RtNS93Aa0-zC1k_qJDwmoA>
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > > ------------------------------------------------------------------
          ------
          > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          > >
          > > * Visit your group "pittscomicon
          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pittscomicon>" on the web.
          > >
          > > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          > > pittscomicon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          > > <mailto:pittscomicon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?
          subject=Unsubscribe>
          > >
          > > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
          > > Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
          > >
          > >
          > > ------------------------------------------------------------------
          ------
          > >
          >
        • Jim Balent Studios
          that s way rough for us I m a Disney/Universal addict so when we re down there (every year) it s for fun only! but we do get recognized at the parks! :-) Holly
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            that's way rough for us
            I'm a Disney/Universal addict
            so when we're down there
            (every year)
            it's for fun only!
            but we do get recognized at the parks! :-)
            Holly
          • ducky1560
            I noticed the photos in Tarot 32-33 in Orlando. I was there that same week. Didn t see you guys. :-( I would have recognized you, and said hello! I would
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              I noticed the photos in Tarot 32-33 in Orlando. I was there that
              same week. Didn't see you guys. :-(

              I would have recognized you, and said hello! I would notice the
              Beautiful High Preistess of Broadsword anywhere. (drool)

              Don.



              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Jim Balent Studios <holly@...>
              wrote:
              >
              > that's way rough for us
              > I'm a Disney/Universal addict
              > so when we're down there
              > (every year)
              > it's for fun only!
              > but we do get recognized at the parks! :-)
              > Holly
              >
            • Jim Balent Studios
              bummer we ll be there this year thinking oct 15-22 :-)
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                bummer
                we'll be there this year
                thinking oct 15-22 :-)

                ducky1560 wrote:

                   I noticed the photos in Tarot 32-33 in Orlando. I was there that
                same week. Didn't see you guys. :-(
                  
                   I would have recognized you, and said hello! I would notice the
                Beautiful High Preistess of Broadsword anywhere. (drool)

                  Don.



                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Jim Balent Studios <holly@...>
                wrote:
                >
                > that's way rough for us
                > I'm a Disney/Universal addict
                > so when we're down there
                > (every year)
                > it's for fun only!
                > but we do get recognized at the parks! :-)
                > Holly
                >






              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.