Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [pittscomicon] Re: If you need a reason to attend the '06 Pittsburgh Comicon

Expand Messages
  • Will Crites
    I was originally going to the anime con a couple weeks before, but when I found Jim and Holly were returning I changed my plans. Last years con just didn t
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 2 5:33 AM
    • 0 Attachment
      I was originally going to the anime con a couple weeks before, but when I found Jim and Holly were returning I changed my plans. Last years con just didn't seem the same wih their not being there.
       
      Will
       
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Anthony
      Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:48 AM
      Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: If you need a reason to attend the '06 Pittsburgh Comicon

      The real draw for me this year was Jim and Holly's return to the convention.
      I was so impressed by their considerateness and generosity to all
      their fans at their last Pittsburgh con.  I am really looking
      forward to stopping by their booth this year to chat with them and
      other fans.
    • ducky1560
      Sorry for the long delay, just got back to Yahoo. I was in Orlando for Megacon, another great show for buying art from a charity auction. Won the cover art for
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 3 8:06 AM
      • 0 Attachment
        Sorry for the long delay, just got back to Yahoo. I was in Orlando
        for Megacon, another great show for buying art from a charity auction.
        Won the cover art for Supergirl 4, by Ian Churchhill, very nice piece
        and good price.

        But anywho..back to Pittsburgh. I recall the prices for the Perez
        Titans piece to be $2500. The Patrick Block Uncle Scrooge was somewhere
        between $1500-2000. The Strangers in Paradise art was indeed won by the
        Promoter. I dont recall the price, however the bidding was furious due
        to the fact he did not own any other Terry Moore pieces. If you plan on
        bidding on anything the promoters want, expect to pay a premium. He
        will usually win, however he has been known to lose out on some of his
        prizes. To be noted he does not currently own only 2-3 of the pieces
        that have graced his program covers. Most recently the Patrick Block
        cover from 2004, celebrating Donald Duck's 70th birthday, which by the
        way will NOT show up on E-Bay..

        Hi Holly, welcome back to Pittsburgh! :-)

        As for the Quick sketch, all of those pieces were won for $1.00.
        They sell raffle tickets for CBLDF, and have a drawing, each ticket
        costs $1.00. A group of artist gather for 1 hour and "draw", taking
        audience suggestions along the way. The artists have been known to be
        very creative in a short time. Most usually finish about 4 pieces, some
        finish up to 10, yes in 1 hour! At the end of the hour, they just start
        drawing tickets..and if your number comes up...YOU WIN! Real easy and
        lots of fun. Highly recommended!


        Also to note, for sketches from artists, get there early. They only
        have a limited time at the show, and please allow for "potty breaks"
        and food breaks. They are human also, not drawing machines. Please be
        courteous and polite, it will make it more enjoyable for all! If their
        schedule is full, just say "thanks" or "no problem" there is no need to
        create a situation where the artist or the fan feels like they do not
        want to return to this wonderful show. Prices for sketches range from
        Free to upwards of $100.00. So be prepared!


        Sorry to ramble, but I really enjoy this show and all of the guests
        that take time from their busy schedules to help make it more
        successful every year. I make every attempt to support this show and
        have only missed 1 in the past 8 years, and I don't live in
        Pennsylvania. Its well worth the 5 hour drive for me!

        Hope you find this show to be enjoyable and hope you win somthing at
        any charity functions you chose to attend! (all are recommended)

        Have fun and enjoy '06, looks like it will be another great one!

        Donald


        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <forgiona@...> wrote:
        >
        > Thanks for posting the pics from last year's con. Do you happen to
        > recall how much some of those auction items went for?
        >
        > Speaking of auctions, this years Spiderwoman Comicon Flyer cover by
        > Jim Balent looks outstanding. I'm trying to get an idea of how much
        > it could bring, i.e. will I have a shot at it =) Any thoughts?
        >
        > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I just posted some really cool photos from the '05 Con. Take a
        look, it
        > > will give you some reasons not to miss '06!
      • Jim Balent Studios
        Hi Don! oh I bet fl was beautiful! ... Holly
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 3 8:17 AM
        • 0 Attachment
          Hi Don!
          oh I bet fl was beautiful!
          :-) (envy)
          Holly

          ducky1560 wrote:
              
             Sorry for the long delay, just got back to Yahoo. I was in Orlando
          for Megacon, another great show for buying art from a charity auction.
          Won the cover art for Supergirl 4, by Ian Churchhill, very nice piece
          and good price.

             But anywho..back to Pittsburgh. I recall the prices for the Perez
          Titans piece to be $2500. The Patrick Block Uncle Scrooge was somewhere
          between $1500-2000. The Strangers in Paradise art was indeed won by the
          Promoter. I dont recall the price, however the bidding was furious due
          to the fact he did not own any other Terry Moore pieces. If you plan on
          bidding on anything the promoters want, expect to pay a premium. He
          will usually win, however he has been known to lose out on some of his
          prizes. To be noted he does not currently own only 2-3 of the pieces
          that have graced his program covers. Most recently the Patrick Block
          cover from 2004, celebrating Donald Duck's 70th birthday, which by the
          way will NOT show up on E-Bay..

          Hi Holly, welcome back to Pittsburgh! :-)

             As for the Quick sketch, all of those pieces were won for $1.00.
          They sell raffle tickets for CBLDF, and have a drawing, each ticket
          costs $1.00. A group of artist gather for 1 hour and "draw", taking
          audience suggestions along the way. The artists have been known to be
          very creative in a short time. Most usually finish about 4 pieces, some
          finish up to 10, yes in 1 hour! At the end of the hour, they just start
          drawing tickets..and if your number comes up...YOU WIN! Real easy and
          lots of fun. Highly recommended!


             Also to note, for sketches from artists, get there early. They only
          have a limited time at the show, and please allow for "potty breaks"
          and food breaks. They are human also, not drawing machines. Please be
          courteous and polite, it will make it more enjoyable for all! If their
          schedule is full, just say "thanks" or "no problem" there is no need to
          create a situation where the artist or the fan feels like they do not
          want to return to this wonderful show. Prices for sketches range from
          Free to upwards of $100.00. So be prepared!


             Sorry to ramble, but I really enjoy this show and all of the guests
          that take time from their busy schedules to help make it more
          successful every year. I make every attempt to support this show and
          have only missed 1 in the past 8 years, and I don't live in
          Pennsylvania. Its well worth the 5 hour drive for me!

             Hope you find this show to be enjoyable and hope you win somthing at
          any charity functions you chose to attend! (all are recommended)

             Have fun and enjoy '06, looks like it will be another great one!

          Donald


          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <forgiona@...> wrote:
          >
          > Thanks for posting the pics from last year's con.  Do you happen to
          > recall how much some of those auction items went for? 
          >
          > Speaking of auctions, this years Spiderwoman Comicon Flyer cover by
          > Jim Balent looks outstanding.  I'm trying to get an idea of how much
          > it could bring, i.e. will I have a shot at it =)  Any thoughts?
          >
          > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I just posted some really cool photos from the '05 Con. Take a
          look, it
          > > will give you some reasons not to miss '06!






        • ducky1560
          Hi Holly! Orlando in Feb. can t be beat! lol...(tan lines) Only thing that could have been better, Broadsword at Megacon. ;-) But I guess it will make
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 3 9:01 AM
          • 0 Attachment
            Hi Holly!
            Orlando in Feb. can't be beat! lol...(tan lines)

            Only thing that could have been better, Broadsword at Megacon. ;-)
            But I guess it will make Pittsburgh that much nicer.
            Quote "See ya real soon!"



            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Jim Balent Studios <holly@...>
            wrote:
            >
            > Hi Don!
            > oh I bet fl was beautiful!
            > :-) (envy)
            > Holly
            >
            > ducky1560 wrote:
            >
            > >
            > > Sorry for the long delay, just got back to Yahoo. I was in
            Orlando
            > > for Megacon, another great show for buying art from a charity
            auction.
            > > Won the cover art for Supergirl 4, by Ian Churchhill, very nice
            piece
            > > and good price.
            > >
            > > But anywho..back to Pittsburgh. I recall the prices for the
            Perez
            > > Titans piece to be $2500. The Patrick Block Uncle Scrooge was
            somewhere
            > > between $1500-2000. The Strangers in Paradise art was indeed won
            by the
            > > Promoter. I dont recall the price, however the bidding was
            furious due
            > > to the fact he did not own any other Terry Moore pieces. If you
            plan on
            > > bidding on anything the promoters want, expect to pay a premium.
            He
            > > will usually win, however he has been known to lose out on some
            of his
            > > prizes. To be noted he does not currently own only 2-3 of the
            pieces
            > > that have graced his program covers. Most recently the Patrick
            Block
            > > cover from 2004, celebrating Donald Duck's 70th birthday, which
            by the
            > > way will NOT show up on E-Bay..
            > >
            > > Hi Holly, welcome back to Pittsburgh! :-)
            > >
            > > As for the Quick sketch, all of those pieces were won for
            $1.00.
            > > They sell raffle tickets for CBLDF, and have a drawing, each
            ticket
            > > costs $1.00. A group of artist gather for 1 hour and "draw",
            taking
            > > audience suggestions along the way. The artists have been known
            to be
            > > very creative in a short time. Most usually finish about 4
            pieces, some
            > > finish up to 10, yes in 1 hour! At the end of the hour, they just
            start
            > > drawing tickets..and if your number comes up...YOU WIN! Real easy
            and
            > > lots of fun. Highly recommended!
            > >
            > >
            > > Also to note, for sketches from artists, get there early. They
            only
            > > have a limited time at the show, and please allow for "potty
            breaks"
            > > and food breaks. They are human also, not drawing machines.
            Please be
            > > courteous and polite, it will make it more enjoyable for all! If
            their
            > > schedule is full, just say "thanks" or "no problem" there is no
            need to
            > > create a situation where the artist or the fan feels like they do
            not
            > > want to return to this wonderful show. Prices for sketches range
            from
            > > Free to upwards of $100.00. So be prepared!
            > >
            > >
            > > Sorry to ramble, but I really enjoy this show and all of the
            guests
            > > that take time from their busy schedules to help make it more
            > > successful every year. I make every attempt to support this show
            and
            > > have only missed 1 in the past 8 years, and I don't live in
            > > Pennsylvania. Its well worth the 5 hour drive for me!
            > >
            > > Hope you find this show to be enjoyable and hope you win
            somthing at
            > > any charity functions you chose to attend! (all are recommended)
            > >
            > > Have fun and enjoy '06, looks like it will be another great
            one!
            > >
            > > Donald
            > >
            > >
            > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <forgiona@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Thanks for posting the pics from last year's con. Do you
            happen to
            > > > recall how much some of those auction items went for?
            > > >
            > > > Speaking of auctions, this years Spiderwoman Comicon Flyer
            cover by
            > > > Jim Balent looks outstanding. I'm trying to get an idea of how
            much
            > > > it could bring, i.e. will I have a shot at it =) Any thoughts?
            > > >
            > > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@>
            wrote:
            > > > >
            > > > > I just posted some really cool photos from the '05 Con. Take a
            > > look, it
            > > > > will give you some reasons not to miss '06!
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > > SPONSORED LINKS
            > > Comic book
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Comic+book&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+book+arti
            st&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&c=6&s=1
            27&.sig=OpThui_IhXDzWstTJVOg0A>
            > > Comic book store
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Comic+book+store&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+boo
            k+artist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&c
            =6&s=127&.sig=nKqnhIkTysf7_V64BNFhpQ>
            > > Comic book artist
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Comic+book+artist&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+bo
            ok+artist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&
            c=6&s=127&.sig=Mn5zVvmlB-oujpjFi5awQw>
            > >
            > > Comic book cover
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Comic+book+cover&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+boo
            k+artist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&c
            =6&s=127&.sig=4wWXUU5lS_sVoxMBg-FnTw>
            > > Comic book for sale
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Comic+book+for+sale&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+
            book+artist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+boo
            k&c=6&s=127&.sig=bfQkRldv0ApuZSBHRo7POQ>
            > > Dc comic book
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Dc+comic+book&w1=Comic+book&w2=Comic+book+store&w3=Comic+book+a
            rtist&w4=Comic+book+cover&w5=Comic+book+for+sale&w6=Dc+comic+book&c=6&
            s=127&.sig=RtNS93Aa0-zC1k_qJDwmoA>
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > > ------------------------------------------------------------------
            ------
            > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            > >
            > > * Visit your group "pittscomicon
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pittscomicon>" on the web.
            > >
            > > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            > > pittscomicon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            > > <mailto:pittscomicon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?
            subject=Unsubscribe>
            > >
            > > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
            > > Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
            > >
            > >
            > > ------------------------------------------------------------------
            ------
            > >
            >
          • Jim Balent Studios
            that s way rough for us I m a Disney/Universal addict so when we re down there (every year) it s for fun only! but we do get recognized at the parks! :-) Holly
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 3 9:13 AM
            • 0 Attachment
              that's way rough for us
              I'm a Disney/Universal addict
              so when we're down there
              (every year)
              it's for fun only!
              but we do get recognized at the parks! :-)
              Holly
            • ducky1560
              I noticed the photos in Tarot 32-33 in Orlando. I was there that same week. Didn t see you guys. :-( I would have recognized you, and said hello! I would
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 3 9:50 AM
              • 0 Attachment
                I noticed the photos in Tarot 32-33 in Orlando. I was there that
                same week. Didn't see you guys. :-(

                I would have recognized you, and said hello! I would notice the
                Beautiful High Preistess of Broadsword anywhere. (drool)

                Don.



                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Jim Balent Studios <holly@...>
                wrote:
                >
                > that's way rough for us
                > I'm a Disney/Universal addict
                > so when we're down there
                > (every year)
                > it's for fun only!
                > but we do get recognized at the parks! :-)
                > Holly
                >
              • Jim Balent Studios
                bummer we ll be there this year thinking oct 15-22 :-)
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 3 10:06 AM
                • 0 Attachment
                  bummer
                  we'll be there this year
                  thinking oct 15-22 :-)

                  ducky1560 wrote:

                     I noticed the photos in Tarot 32-33 in Orlando. I was there that
                  same week. Didn't see you guys. :-(
                    
                     I would have recognized you, and said hello! I would notice the
                  Beautiful High Preistess of Broadsword anywhere. (drool)

                    Don.



                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Jim Balent Studios <holly@...>
                  wrote:
                  >
                  > that's way rough for us
                  > I'm a Disney/Universal addict
                  > so when we're down there
                  > (every year)
                  > it's for fun only!
                  > but we do get recognized at the parks! :-)
                  > Holly
                  >






                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.