Re: Mike Deodato!

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
      Guys,
      Thanks for the info. Mr. Deodato sounds like a good guy and I look
      forward to meeting him.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Robert Martin
      <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

      > When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was
      doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and
      it was great! He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed
      very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at
      some of the older items I had from early in his career! Basically,
      he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy
      to meet.

      > R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
      > You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching
      because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like
      at the time. However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in
      the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a
      couple years back. It was a signle figure - head and shoulders
      only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for
      sure.
    • jerry self
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
        i will second mr d being a good guy
        if you bring the big stacks, lie many if there is a line he will ask you to split it, sign some and then get in back of the line so those with a couple items can go through.
        weird that i never really caught him with long lines but he was always happy to talk about his work

        <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

        > When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was
        doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and
        it was great!  He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed
        very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at
        some of the older items I had from early in his career!  Basically,
        he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy
        to meet.

        > R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
        >   You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching
        because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like
        at the time.  However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in
        the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a
        couple years back.  It was a signle figure - head and shoulders
        only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for
        sure.

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        www.jjsphotos.com
        www.geocities.com/jjsdc03