Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Mike Deodato!

  • Robert Martin
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
      When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and it was great!  He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at some of the older items I had from early in his career!  Basically, he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy to meet.

      R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
      You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like at the time.  However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a couple years back.  It was a signle figure - head and shoulders only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for sure.

      Anthony <forgiona@...> wrote:
      I too am glad to see Mike Deodato added to the guest list.  I attended
      the con a few years back when Mike was scheduled, but had to cancel.

      Do happen to know if Mike sketches at conventions, and if so, how much
      does he charge? Thanks!

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "gatorkiss1965"
      <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

      > I had already made plans to attend this year, my 4th year attending
      > but the first after missing the last two years, but now am thrilled
      > that Mike Deodato will be returning to the Pittsburgh Comicon!  This
      > definitely makes it worth the trip from Roanoke, VA!  And, this is the
      > first year I'll be bringing my kids, my 13-year-old aspiring artist
      > son and my 10-year-old daughter.  We're cutting our vacation to
      > Florida a couple of days short to make the drive to Pittsburgh, and
      > we're really looking forward to it!

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Anthony
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
        Guys,
        Thanks for the info. Mr. Deodato sounds like a good guy and I look
        forward to meeting him.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Robert Martin
        <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

        > When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was
        doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and
        it was great! He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed
        very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at
        some of the older items I had from early in his career! Basically,
        he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy
        to meet.

        > R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
        > You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching
        because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like
        at the time. However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in
        the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a
        couple years back. It was a signle figure - head and shoulders
        only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for
        sure.
      • jerry self
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
          i will second mr d being a good guy
          if you bring the big stacks, lie many if there is a line he will ask you to split it, sign some and then get in back of the line so those with a couple items can go through.
          weird that i never really caught him with long lines but he was always happy to talk about his work

          <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

          > When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was
          doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and
          it was great!  He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed
          very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at
          some of the older items I had from early in his career!  Basically,
          he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy
          to meet.

          > R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
          >   You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching
          because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like
          at the time.  However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in
          the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a
          couple years back.  It was a signle figure - head and shoulders
          only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for
          sure.

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          www.jjsphotos.com
          www.geocities.com/jjsdc03