Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Mike Deodato!

  • R Howard
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
      You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like at the time.  However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a couple years back.  It was a signle figure - head and shoulders only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for sure.

      Anthony <forgiona@...> wrote:
      I too am glad to see Mike Deodato added to the guest list.  I attended
      the con a few years back when Mike was scheduled, but had to cancel.

      Do happen to know if Mike sketches at conventions, and if so, how much
      does he charge? Thanks!

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "gatorkiss1965"
      <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

      > I had already made plans to attend this year, my 4th year attending
      > but the first after missing the last two years, but now am thrilled
      > that Mike Deodato will be returning to the Pittsburgh Comicon!  This
      > definitely makes it worth the trip from Roanoke, VA!  And, this is the
      > first year I'll be bringing my kids, my 13-year-old aspiring artist
      > son and my 10-year-old daughter.  We're cutting our vacation to
      > Florida a couple of days short to make the drive to Pittsburgh, and
      > we're really looking forward to it!

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Robert Martin
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
        When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and it was great!  He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at some of the older items I had from early in his career!  Basically, he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy to meet.

        <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

        > I had already made plans to attend this year, my 4th year attending
        > but the first after missing the last two years, but now am thrilled
        > that Mike Deodato will be returning to the Pittsburgh Comicon!  This
        > definitely makes it worth the trip from Roanoke, VA!  And, this is the
        > first year I'll be bringing my kids, my 13-year-old aspiring artist
        > son and my 10-year-old daughter.  We're cutting our vacation to
        > Florida a couple of days short to make the drive to Pittsburgh, and
        > we're really looking forward to it!

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Anthony
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
          Guys,
          Thanks for the info. Mr. Deodato sounds like a good guy and I look
          forward to meeting him.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Robert Martin
          <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

          > When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was
          doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and
          it was great! He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed
          very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at
          some of the older items I had from early in his career! Basically,
          he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy
          to meet.

          > R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
          > You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching
          because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like
          at the time. However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in
          the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a
          couple years back. It was a signle figure - head and shoulders
          only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for
          sure.
        • jerry self
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
            i will second mr d being a good guy
            if you bring the big stacks, lie many if there is a line he will ask you to split it, sign some and then get in back of the line so those with a couple items can go through.
            weird that i never really caught him with long lines but he was always happy to talk about his work

            <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

            > When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was
            doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and
            it was great!  He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed
            very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at
            some of the older items I had from early in his career!  Basically,
            he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy
            to meet.

            > R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
            >   You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching
            because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like
            at the time.  However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in
            the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a
            couple years back.  It was a signle figure - head and shoulders
            only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for
            sure.

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            www.jjsphotos.com
            www.geocities.com/jjsdc03