Re: Mike Deodato!

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 24, 2006
      I too am glad to see Mike Deodato added to the guest list. I attended
      the con a few years back when Mike was scheduled, but had to cancel.

      Do happen to know if Mike sketches at conventions, and if so, how much
      does he charge? Thanks!

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "gatorkiss1965"
      <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

      > I had already made plans to attend this year, my 4th year attending
      > but the first after missing the last two years, but now am thrilled
      > that Mike Deodato will be returning to the Pittsburgh Comicon! This
      > definitely makes it worth the trip from Roanoke, VA! And, this is the
      > first year I'll be bringing my kids, my 13-year-old aspiring artist
      > son and my 10-year-old daughter. We're cutting our vacation to
      > Florida a couple of days short to make the drive to Pittsburgh, and
      > we're really looking forward to it!

    • R Howard
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
        You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like at the time.  However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a couple years back.  It was a signle figure - head and shoulders only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for sure.

        <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

        > I had already made plans to attend this year, my 4th year attending
        > but the first after missing the last two years, but now am thrilled
        > that Mike Deodato will be returning to the Pittsburgh Comicon!  This
        > definitely makes it worth the trip from Roanoke, VA!  And, this is the
        > first year I'll be bringing my kids, my 13-year-old aspiring artist
        > son and my 10-year-old daughter.  We're cutting our vacation to
        > Florida a couple of days short to make the drive to Pittsburgh, and
        > we're really looking forward to it!

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Robert Martin
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
          When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and it was great!  He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at some of the older items I had from early in his career!  Basically, he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy to meet.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
            Guys,
            Thanks for the info. Mr. Deodato sounds like a good guy and I look
            forward to meeting him.

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Robert Martin
            <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

            > When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was
            doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and
            it was great! He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed
            very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at
            some of the older items I had from early in his career! Basically,
            he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy
            to meet.

            > R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
            > You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching
            because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like
            at the time. However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in
            the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a
            couple years back. It was a signle figure - head and shoulders
            only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for
            sure.
          • jerry self
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
              i will second mr d being a good guy
              if you bring the big stacks, lie many if there is a line he will ask you to split it, sign some and then get in back of the line so those with a couple items can go through.
              weird that i never really caught him with long lines but he was always happy to talk about his work

              <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

              > When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was
              doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and
              it was great!  He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed
              very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at
              some of the older items I had from early in his career!  Basically,
              he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy
              to meet.

              > R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
              >   You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching
              because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like
              at the time.  However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in
              the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a
              couple years back.  It was a signle figure - head and shoulders
              only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for
              sure.

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              www.jjsphotos.com
              www.geocities.com/jjsdc03