2012 Con

  • dbksr
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2012
      My son and I were there all 3 days and had a blast.Only 2 bad notes:my Silver Surfer #1 was damaged during signing by one of the handlers or Stan Lee himself not sure,and on Sunday as many dealers were trying to pack up and leave early cause of the "snow" a dealer asked for me to make one last purchase for him which I did and he over charged me $7 for a GL #1 the new series. We will definetly be back next year.When does the info for the new year start going up on the web site?
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2012
        Glad you had a good time. Sorry about your Silver Surfer, but I go with Stan damaged it. It makes for a better story. :)

        We'll announce info for next year as soon as we set the dates.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2012
          i had a great time meeting up with old friends, making new ones and having people stop me in my costumes and taking pix with me. i didnt buy anything, just wasn't anything there i just had to have but i really wasn't looking for anything either. but all in all it was a good time.

          i only have two gripes. 1 is the layout. i did alot of zig zagging and a few times i thought, have i looked down here already? to me it seemed the stuff in the front was kinda jammed in there. bumped into alot of people there but the long rows in the back with the artists and stuff flowed nicely all day. ive had friends comment on the lay out being slightly confusing to.

          but my biggest complaint was the heat. i wasn't there an hour and i thought i was going to pass out. being in costume i thought it was just me being all covered up and carrying the extra weight so i went outside, where the smokers hang out, to cool off in the chilly air. got to talking with people and everyone out there, about 10 of them anytime i went out there all not in costume, said it was way to hot in there and they were getting sweaty and uncomfortable. was the heat cranked up bc of Stan being an old man and getting chilly easy? lol jk jk jk

          sorry to sound like im a downer bc i really did have a good time. if i didnt i wouldnt have drug my butt up there and hung out for hours in costume hahahaa

          -bart
        • Derek Kirby
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2012
            Temperature to me was very comfortable but I was in T-shirt and shorts on day 1 and jeans and t-shirt on the next 2 days.
            The layout was a little weird...many times I wondered if I had been down a certain aisle or been to certain vendors.
            GREAT TIME AND GREAT FUN HOPE STAN COMES BACK SOON!!!
          • Robin
            Message 5 of 5 , May 4, 2012
              I need an orgerific painting with a pole a bf more elements where should I do I
              Have a rate bloodthing I need it quick

              Robin

              =