Mike Deodato!

  • gatorkiss1965
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2006
      I had already made plans to attend this year, my 4th year attending
      but the first after missing the last two years, but now am thrilled
      that Mike Deodato will be returning to the Pittsburgh Comicon! This
      definitely makes it worth the trip from Roanoke, VA! And, this is the
      first year I'll be bringing my kids, my 13-year-old aspiring artist
      son and my 10-year-old daughter. We're cutting our vacation to
      Florida a couple of days short to make the drive to Pittsburgh, and
      we're really looking forward to it!
    • Anthony
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 24, 2006
        I too am glad to see Mike Deodato added to the guest list. I attended
        the con a few years back when Mike was scheduled, but had to cancel.

        Do happen to know if Mike sketches at conventions, and if so, how much
        does he charge? Thanks!

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "gatorkiss1965"
        <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

        > I had already made plans to attend this year, my 4th year attending
        > but the first after missing the last two years, but now am thrilled
        > that Mike Deodato will be returning to the Pittsburgh Comicon! This
        > definitely makes it worth the trip from Roanoke, VA! And, this is the
        > first year I'll be bringing my kids, my 13-year-old aspiring artist
        > son and my 10-year-old daughter. We're cutting our vacation to
        > Florida a couple of days short to make the drive to Pittsburgh, and
        > we're really looking forward to it!

      • R Howard
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
          You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like at the time.  However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a couple years back.  It was a signle figure - head and shoulders only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for sure.

          <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

          > I had already made plans to attend this year, my 4th year attending
          > but the first after missing the last two years, but now am thrilled
          > that Mike Deodato will be returning to the Pittsburgh Comicon!  This
          > definitely makes it worth the trip from Roanoke, VA!  And, this is the
          > first year I'll be bringing my kids, my 13-year-old aspiring artist
          > son and my 10-year-old daughter.  We're cutting our vacation to
          > Florida a couple of days short to make the drive to Pittsburgh, and
          > we're really looking forward to it!

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Robert Martin
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
            When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and it was great!  He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at some of the older items I had from early in his career!  Basically, he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy to meet.

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
              Guys,
              Thanks for the info. Mr. Deodato sounds like a good guy and I look
              forward to meeting him.

              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Robert Martin
              <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

              > When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was
              doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and
              it was great! He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed
              very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at
              some of the older items I had from early in his career! Basically,
              he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy
              to meet.

              > R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
              > You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching
              because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like
              at the time. However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in
              the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a
              couple years back. It was a signle figure - head and shoulders
              only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for
              sure.
            • jerry self
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
                i will second mr d being a good guy
                if you bring the big stacks, lie many if there is a line he will ask you to split it, sign some and then get in back of the line so those with a couple items can go through.
                weird that i never really caught him with long lines but he was always happy to talk about his work

                <gatorkiss1965@...> wrote:

                > When Mr. Deodato was there a few years ago and I attended, he was
                doing head shot sketches for $20 - I had him do one of Elektra and
                it was great!  He also signed well over 100 items for me and seemed
                very appreciative that he had such a big fan - and was surprised at
                some of the older items I had from early in his career!  Basically,
                he was very personable and very appreciative of his fans, and a joy
                to meet.

                > R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
                >   You can never say for sure if an artist will be sketching
                because it depends on how they feel and what their workload is like
                at the time.  However, I know Mr. Deodato has done con sketches in
                the past - I got one from him at the Wizard World show in Philly a
                couple years back.  It was a signle figure - head and shoulders
                only - in marker, and I think it was $50, but I can't recall for
                sure.

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                www.jjsphotos.com
                www.geocities.com/jjsdc03