Re: Friday

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 18, 2012
      Unencumbered shopping and getting on Sketch Lists for fan favorite artists are your advantages. But we run until 7:00 on Friday, so you could probably let Jr. finish out the school day. (I can already hear his groans of disappointment.)

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dbksr" <dbksr@...> wrote:

      > WOOT ONLY 2 MORE DAYS!!!
      > Question...is there any advantage or reason to get there at 1 on Friday?Will have to pull my son from school early and am already leaving work early.Just wanted to know how early I should leave and get him out of school.
      > Thanks

    • Derek Kirby
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2012
        Please explain sketch list? Remember only my sons 2nd time and my 3rd time of attending this.

        Unencumbered shopping and getting on Sketch Lists for fan favorite artists are your advantages. But we run until 7:00 on Friday, so you could probably let Jr. finish out the school day. (I can already hear his groans of disappointment.)

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dbksr" <dbksr@...> wrote:

        > WOOT ONLY 2 MORE DAYS!!!
        > Question...is there any advantage or reason to get there at 1 on Friday?Will have to pull my son from school early and am already leaving work early.Just wanted to know how early I should leave and get him out of school.
        > Thanks

      • Joe Patrick
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 18, 2012
          Best way to explain it is if you want to get a special sketch hand drawn by a favorite artist of yours, it is best to make your request to them early.  If it's not just a quick sketch that can be done in a few minutes, it will take them some time and they have lists that they work through.  If you want to get the piece before the weekend is over its best to get on their lists early.  That doesnt affect your ability to buy any prints or sketch pieces that they already have completed and for sale.

          Please explain sketch list? Remember only my sons 2nd time and my 3rd time of attending this.

          Unencumbered shopping and getting on Sketch Lists for fan favorite artists are your advantages. But we run until 7:00 on Friday, so you could probably let Jr. finish out the school day. (I can already hear his groans of disappointment.)

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dbksr" <dbksr@...> wrote:

          > WOOT ONLY 2 MORE DAYS!!!
          > Question...is there any advantage or reason to get there at 1 on Friday?Will have to pull my son from school early and am already leaving work early.Just wanted to know how early I should leave and get him out of school.
          > Thanks

        • Derek Kirby
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 19, 2012
            So what are usually the charges for these?

            Best way to explain it is if you want to get a special sketch hand drawn by a favorite artist of yours, it is best to make your request to them early.  If it's not just a quick sketch that can be done in a few minutes, it will take them some time and they have lists that they work through.  If you want to get the piece before the weekend is over its best to get on their lists early.  That doesnt affect your ability to buy any prints or sketch pieces that they already have completed and for sale.

            Please explain sketch list? Remember only my sons 2nd time and my 3rd time of attending this.

            Unencumbered shopping and getting on Sketch Lists for fan favorite artists are your advantages. But we run until 7:00 on Friday, so you could probably let Jr. finish out the school day. (I can already hear his groans of disappointment.)

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dbksr" <dbksr@...> wrote:

            > WOOT ONLY 2 MORE DAYS!!!
            > Question...is there any advantage or reason to get there at 1 on Friday?Will have to pull my son from school early and am already leaving work early.Just wanted to know how early I should leave and get him out of school.
            > Thanks

          • Joe
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 19, 2012
              That usually varies by artist and based on exactly what you want. Usually pencil sketches cost less than an inked piece and an inked piece my cost less than a colored piece. Also depends on how detailed the piece is. There are a number of factors that determine the price. Always best if you're really insterested to discuss what you're interested in with the artist to get an idea.