Re: LATEST UPDATE

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2012
      Thanks Pat

      Glad you scheduled another Q&A with Stan the Man, i think the first one was only 1/2 Hour!

      > Hey guys and gals, this is the update that will be going out later today. (hopefully)
      >
      > Greeting Comiconiacs,
      >
      > The days are getting short until Pittsburgh Comicon 2012, but I still have some great new guests, new events and more to announce, so lets get started!!!
      >
      > - Marvel Artist, Khoi Pham best known for his work on Mighty Avengers, X-Factor and Incredible Hercules, and currently working on Daredevil will be appearing SATURDAY ONLY. So Khoi fans make sure you make on Saturday.
      >
      > - Soup Nazi, Larry Thomas is making his first appearance at the Comicon. So don't act up or NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
      >
      > - and our last guest is wheeling its way to the Pittsburgh Comicon!! The 1966 Classic BATMOBILE will be on hand for your photo opportunities and One Lucky person will win a RIDE in the Batmobile on Sunday!!
      >
      > For a full guest list visit www.pittsburghcomicon.com
      >
      > We also just added some more events to the stellar 2012 Events Schedule, including......
      >
      > - Not one, but TWO Q & A's with Stan Lee. One on Saturday and another on Sunday.
      > (Yes Stan will be there both Saturday and Sunday!!!!!)
      >
      > - A Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Single Eliminate Tournament!! Saturday at 1:00 with the originators of the game, Sam Kass and Karen Bryla!!
      >
      > - The popular podcast, Torres vs. Zombies comes to the Comicon, Saturday at 4:30!! Learn everything you need to know about surviving the Zombie-pocalypse.
      >
      > PLUS don't forget about the KIDZ DAY Events for Sunday. Remember any child 12 or under gets in Free with an adult and there will be plenty of Kidz Eventz, Gamez and Giveawayz!!!
      >
      > For a full list of events, visit www.pittsburghcomicon.com/events.html
      >
      > Other info of Note:
      >
      > If you haven't seen the incredible George Perez T-Shirt for 2012 take a look at: www.pittsburghcomicon.com/2012_tee.html
      >
      > Plus our friend at New Dimension Comics will have an Exclusive Avengers #1, that he will be GIVING away with any purchase and NDC will also be raffling tickets to an early screening of THE AVENGERS MOVIE at the New Dimension Booth. Make sure you stop and see Todd and friends at the Pittsburgh Comicon.
      >
      > That's it for now, but stay tuned for more exciting news about PITTSBURGH COMICON 2012.
      >
      > Counting down the days until April 20th,
      >
      > Patrick Thomas
      > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
      >
      > Pittsburgh Comicon
      > April 20, 21, 22, 2012
      > Monroeville Convention Center
      >
      > Contact:
      > 1002 Graham Ave.
      > Windber, PA 15963
      > 814-467-4116
      > fx: 814-467-4416
      > pcomicon@...

    • Chaz Gilbert
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6, 2012
        Patrick,
        I just bought a Stan Lee VIP ticket from the website. I was wondering if you could give me a few more details.
        How will I get this? I assume I will pick this up at the show, but since it lets you in early each day I just wanted to know for sure Plus how early on Friday (and Saturday & Sunday) can I get it and where?
        I will bring my photo ID and a copy of the e-mail with the confirmation number.
        What does the "Froggy Photo Op" entail? I see that it will be a 8X10 taken with Stan, and there is a part that said that it is not guaranteed it will be signed which I understand,
        but will there be a special time for the VIP's to do this before or after everyone else that might give the photo a better chance for ours to be signed? Just curious.
        When I first read about the VIP ticket it made it seem like you would get a little extra time with Stan other than just buying the regular autograph tickets and now it seems like it gives you early access to the autograph line.
        Is that right?
        Any other details that you can give me that I didn't ask would be great as well.
        This is always a highlight of my year and you've done an amazing job.
        Thanks for your time and have a great weekend!
        Chuck Gilbert

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9, 2012
          Hey Chuck, I'll answer as best I can....

          Pick up is at the VIP Entrance of the Comicon. Which is the entrance in the South Hall. Either your printed confirmation for your purchase or a Photo ID is all you need to pick up.

          As VIP's you get in 30 mins early each day.
          That would be 12:30 on Friday, 9:30 on Saturday and Sunday.

          Originally we had planned on having the VIP signings take place in a seperate room, but Stan's people don't like running Stan from place to place too much, that is why we replaced the original photo op and signing in the green room with a Froggy Photo - Photo Op and the VIP Signing Tickets.

          Your VIP Ticket bumps you to the front of both the signing line and the photo line, but the photo developing process is what precludes us from being able to get the Photos signed because we don't know what the time frame for the pictures to be finished. They will be finished before the end of the day each day, but Stan may have finished signing by that time.

          Now because you will have two VIP signature tickets as part of your package, one thing you could do if you are going to be there both Saturday and Sunday is if you wanted to get one thing signed on Saturday, get your photo with Stan on Saturday and then get your photo signed on Sunday with your second autograph ticket, you could do that. Because again, your VIP Ticket bumps you to the front of the line.

          Then beyond the signings and photos, there will be VIP seating for the Stan Lee Q & A for VIP ticket holders, plus... you get the Stan Lee Litho by Jim Balent (this will only be going to VIPS), and other goodies bags, exclusive lanyards, badges, etc.

          Hopefully that answers your questions. If not, let me know and I'll get back to you.

          Patrick

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 11, 2012
            Patrick,
            Thanks for the info!
            That about answered all my questions.
            Also thanks for the suggesting that I could get the photo with Stan on Saturday and then use the second autograph on Sunday for that.
            Great thinking!
            I was wondering if the Jim Balant lithograph would be able to be viewed either on the website or Facebook before the show?
            I have some things I'm leaning on getting signed but I'd like to see what that looks like and maybe get it signed.
            Thanks again!
            Chuck

            To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
            From: patlqp@...
            Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 13:09:42 +0000
            Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Stan Lee VIP Ticket Details

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 12, 2012
              You can see an image of the Jim Balent Print on our charity auction page of our website.
              www.pittsburghcomicon.com/charity_auction.html