just thinking...

  • Donnie
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 10, 2012
      Pittsburgh Comiccon needs an app for Android (and I guess Ipad). It could have a map showing where everyone is at along with bios. Listing of the weekends events. up to date cancellations...etc. Just a thought
    • Joe Patrick
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 10, 2012
        That could be kind of neat now that you mention it would have possibilities to link up to guest websites and local places to eat.  I've seen a few people at different things have a QR code at their table that you'd scan with your phone for more information or show off their art...granted, that is up the individual guests to set up.  I'd be left out regardless as I'm one of those rebels that bought a Windows phone instead. lol

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 10, 2012
          yeah im on a windows phone to. so if an app is made dont leave us out! lol
          -bart

          In a message dated 3/10/2012 6:31:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, brandysdad_2000@... writes:

          That could be kind of neat now that you mention it would have possibilities to link up to guest websites and local places to eat.  I've seen a few people at different things have a QR code at their table that you'd scan with your phone for more information or show off their art...granted, that is up the individual guests to set up.  I'd be left out regardless as I'm one of those rebels that bought a Windows phone instead. lol

          Pittsburgh Comiccon needs an app for Android (and I guess Ipad). It could have a map showing where everyone is at along with bios. Listing of the weekends events. up to date cancellations...etc. Just a thought

        • Wayne Hall Yahoo
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 10, 2012
            Just FYI:
                  San Diego has an app for their Comic-con.

            Wayne

            Sent from my iPad

            =
          • groove790@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 10, 2012
              Star wars celebration also has an app. I think it's a great idea. If only there were an app designer looking for a project.

              Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

              Pittsburgh Comiccon needs an app for Android (and I guess Ipad). It could have a map showing where everyone is at along with bios. Listing of the weekends events. up to date cancellations...etc. Just a thought

              =
            • Dawn Hebben
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 11, 2012
                Last year, DragonCon also had an app.

                Dawn

                Sent from my iPad

                On Mar 10, 2012, at 9:30 PM, "groove790@..." <groove790@...> wrote:

                Star wars celebration also has an app. I think it's a great idea. If only there were an app designer looking for a project.

                Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

                Pittsburgh Comiccon needs an app for Android (and I guess Ipad). It could have a map showing where everyone is at along with bios. Listing of the weekends events. up to date cancellations...etc. Just a thought

                =

                =
              • Andrew Harmon
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 11, 2012
                  Or a mobile version of the Web site.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 11, 2012
                    why cant i just pay extra to have a really cute girl lead me around by hand then? thats alot better then any app! lol jk

                    In a message dated 3/11/2012 8:01:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, andrew2773@... writes:

                    Or a mobile version of the Web site.

                  • George Wiggins

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 12, 2012
                        It's a lovely idea Donnie, but you are talking to a guy that if someone is talking about a "Good App" I'm thinking fried zucchini. (and I'm the tech savvy guy of the staff) However if someone (say TODD, you know who you are!) would want to create such a thing I wouldn't be opposed but I don't have the first idea about going about it.

                        P.A.T.

                        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Donnie" <wildstorm3@...> wrote:

                        > Pittsburgh Comiccon needs an app for Android (and I guess Ipad). It could have a map showing where everyone is at along with bios. Listing of the weekends events. up to date cancellations...etc. Just a thought

                      • Todd James
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 12, 2012
                          LOL!!  I prefer Mozz. Sticks myself!  But, yes, I have been considering something along those lines.  I am trying to figure out a method as well to post high-res picks of some of the auction art/items as they come in at the show on something, possibly flickr, since it owned by Yahoo!.  I actually have the Guidebook download for San Diego 2011 to look at and admire.  Unfortunately, it will not be coming up for this show, but I want to work you and Renee to hopefully get something up for 2013.  For those of you that do not know about Guidebook, it is an app that basically serves as an electronic Program Guide for an event.  It can list the schedule of events, exhibitors, a map of the venue, allow for Twitter feeds, feedback, etc.  It is a pretty cool app and I think it is a free download.  In fact, if I remember right, it is available for iOS, Android, and Windows phones, plus Crackberries, I think.
                        • ducky1560
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 11, 2012
                            does it include the "really cute girl" option as the "virtual guide"..if so...sign me up....as they say....there's an app for everything. lol