anyone watching tlc tonight?

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 21, 2011
      they are having a show on, it started at 8pm and is two 30 minute shows called geek love.

      tv guide.com says its a repeat but i never heard of it. they are at new york comic con and the show covers a speed dating session for "geeks". they show some of the interviews them follow a few people on actual dates from the speed dating session.

      its pretty interesting and worth a watch if anyone can catch a re-repeat of it or you tube it maybe

      is this done at our con? i dont really do the side show stuff there i just stay on the main floor and watch the costume contest. the web site really has no info on it other then who the guests are so far
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 22, 2011
        Funny you akd. It's never been done in the past, but we are currently talking with the producers of the show about coming to Pittsburgh, in the mean time we are trying to figure out if we would have enough people willing to participate. So just informally if there are any Single Guys or Gals that would be interested, give a yell!! You're not committing to anything I'm just trying to get a feel for whether we should pursue it or not!

        For those of you that don't know what Bsimon and I are talking about, it's a SCI-FI SPEED DATING SHOW on TLC called GEEK LOVE.

        > they are having a show on, it started at 8pm and is two 30 minute shows
        > called geek love.
        >
        > tv guide.com says its a repeat but i never heard of it. they are at new
        > york comic con and the show covers a speed dating session for "geeks". they
        > show some of the interviews them follow a few people on actual dates from the
        > speed dating session.
        >
        > its pretty interesting and worth a watch if anyone can catch a re-repeat
        > of it or you tube it maybe
        >
        > is this done at our con? i dont really do the side show stuff there i just
        > stay on the main floor and watch the costume contest. the web site really
        > has no info on it other then who the guests are so far

      • Wayne
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 22, 2011
          Interesting. Color me morbidly curious.

          On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 9:35 AM, comiconguy <patlqp@...> wrote:

          Funny you akd. It's never been done in the past, but we are currently talking with the producers of the show about coming to Pittsburgh, in the mean time we are trying to figure out if we would have enough people willing to participate. So just informally if there are any Single Guys or Gals that would be interested, give a yell!! You're not committing to anything I'm just trying to get a feel for whether we should pursue it or not!

          For those of you that don't know what Bsimon and I are talking about, it's a SCI-FI SPEED DATING SHOW on TLC called GEEK LOVE.

          > they are having a show on, it started at 8pm and is two 30 minute shows
          > called geek love.
          >
          > tv guide.com says its a repeat but i never heard of it. they are at new
          > york comic con and the show covers a speed dating session for "geeks". they
          > show some of the interviews them follow a few people on actual dates from the
          > speed dating session.
          >
          > its pretty interesting and worth a watch if anyone can catch a re-repeat
          > of it or you tube it maybe
          >
          > is this done at our con? i dont really do the side show stuff there i just
          > stay on the main floor and watch the costume contest. the web site really
          > has no info on it other then who the guests are so far

        • Bart Simon
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 22, 2011
            Yeah kinda why I watched it. It was interesting. Heart warming and sad at the same time bc some people didn't get picked for a match

            Funny you akd. It's never been done in the past, but we are currently talking with the producers of the show about coming to Pittsburgh, in the mean time we are trying to figure out if we would have enough people willing to participate. So just informally if there are any Single Guys or Gals that would be interested, give a yell!! You're not committing to anything I'm just trying to get a feel for whether we should pursue it or not!

            For those of you that don't know what Bsimon and I are talking about, it's a SCI-FI SPEED DATING SHOW on TLC called GEEK LOVE.

            > they are having a show on, it started at 8pm and is two 30 minute shows
            > called geek love.
            >
            > tv guide.com says its a repeat but i never heard of it. they are at new
            > york comic con and the show covers a speed dating session for "geeks". they
            > show some of the interviews them follow a few people on actual dates from the
            > speed dating session.
            >
            > its pretty interesting and worth a watch if anyone can catch a re-repeat
            > of it or you tube it maybe
            >
            > is this done at our con? i dont really do the side show stuff there i just
            > stay on the main floor and watch the costume contest. the web site really
            > has no info on it other then who the guests are so far

          • Donnie
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 22, 2011
              After reading this all I can think about is Mallrats.

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 22, 2011
                i was at my friends comic shop today and i was talking to him about it and he said it sounded kinda cool and interesting but wasn't sure he would do it. i dont think he has the balls to  lol

                id like to watch a session and see what its all about bc they kinda skim through it real fast on the show. i dont have a problem meeting ladies but i do have a problem with them accepting my hobbies and not all of the revolve around "geeky" things.

                i told him i didnt think i would try something like that but i will if it helps you all out some. being on camera tho, idk about that lol

                In a message dated 12/22/2011 5:20:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, patlqp@... writes:

                Funny you akd. It's never been done in the past, but we are currently talking with the producers of the show about coming to Pittsburgh, in the mean time we are trying to figure out if we would have enough people willing to participate. So just informally if there are any Single Guys or Gals that would be interested, give a yell!! You're not committing to anything I'm just trying to get a feel for whether we should pursue it or not!

                For those of you that don't know what Bsimon and I are talking about, it's a SCI-FI SPEED DATING SHOW on TLC called GEEK LOVE.

                > they are having a show on, it started at 8pm and is two 30 minute shows
                > called geek love.
                >
                > tv guide.com says its a repeat but i never heard of it. they are at new
                > york comic con and the show covers a speed dating session for "geeks". they
                > show some of the interviews them follow a few people on actual dates from the
                > speed dating session.
                >
                > its pretty interesting and worth a watch if anyone can catch a re-repeat
                > of it or you tube it maybe
                >
                > is this done at our con? i dont really do the side show stuff there i just
                > stay on the main floor and watch the costume contest. the web site really
                > has no info on it other then who the guests are so far

              • Joe Patrick
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 22, 2011
                  I saw an episode of the show within the last week.  I thought it was interesting.  I wouldnt be taking part as I'm married, but I can certainly empathize with those folks who aren't comfortable just opening up point blank to strangers, especially if they're attractive members of the opposite sex in a speed dating setting.  You may be just starting to find some type of common ground to talk about and it would be time to move on to someone new.

                  Having said that...I think it would be a neat promotional bit if the Pittsburgh Con is represented on the show in the future.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 23, 2011
                    I actually find the idea of doing... this... (and having it on camera) less intimidating if it could be done in costume.

                    On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 12:13 AM, Joe Patrick <brandysdad_2000@...> wrote:

                    I saw an episode of the show within the last week.  I thought it was interesting.  I wouldnt be taking part as I'm married, but I can certainly empathize with those folks who aren't comfortable just opening up point blank to strangers, especially if they're attractive members of the opposite sex in a speed dating setting.  You may be just starting to find some type of common ground to talk about and it would be time to move on to someone new.

                    Having said that...I think it would be a neat promotional bit if the Pittsburgh Con is represented on the show in the future.

                    i was at my friends comic shop today and i was talking to him about it and he said it sounded kinda cool and interesting but wasn't sure he would do it. i dont think he has the balls to  lol

                    id like to watch a session and see what its all about bc they kinda skim through it real fast on the show. i dont have a problem meeting ladies but i do have a problem with them accepting my hobbies and not all of the revolve around "geeky" things.

                    i told him i didnt think i would try something like that but i will if it helps you all out some. being on camera tho, idk about that lol

                    In a message dated 12/22/2011 5:20:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, patlqp@... writes:

                    Funny you akd. It's never been done in the past, but we are currently talking with the producers of the show about coming to Pittsburgh, in the mean time we are trying to figure out if we would have enough people willing to participate. So just informally if there are any Single Guys or Gals that would be interested, give a yell!! You're not committing to anything I'm just trying to get a feel for whether we should pursue it or not!

                    For those of you that don't know what Bsimon and I are talking about, it's a SCI-FI SPEED DATING SHOW on TLC called GEEK LOVE.

                    > they are having a show on, it started at 8pm and is two 30 minute shows
                    > called geek love.
                    >
                    > tv guide.com says its a repeat but i never heard of it. they are at new
                    > york comic con and the show covers a speed dating session for "geeks". they
                    > show some of the interviews them follow a few people on actual dates from the
                    > speed dating session.
                    >
                    > its pretty interesting and worth a watch if anyone can catch a re-repeat
                    > of it or you tube it maybe
                    >
                    > is this done at our con? i dont really do the side show stuff there i just
                    > stay on the main floor and watch the costume contest. the web site really
                    > has no info on it other then who the guests are so far

                  • Troy Gardner
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 23, 2011
                      I am down with the idea. I am single, 44 and into comics. I would like to meet females who are into comics as well. And I think it would be fun just to meet new people. Sign me up!!!