RIP Gene Colan

  • uss_escort
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2011
      Well, the comics world has lost another great. Mr. Colan was truly a great talent. It is really unfortunate that he was unable to come to Pittsburgh due to his declining health and other issues, I would have loved to just met the man. Everyone talks about his Tomb of Dracula, Daredevil, and Iron Man work, rightfully so, but my favorite Gene Colan story was the Nathaniel Dusk minis he did for DC. I have always been a fan of the noir detective genre and these books delivered. I purchased the retrospective book Clifford Meth did in anticipation of Mr. Colan's appearance in Pittsburgh and enjoyed it thoroughly. My condolences go out to his family and friends.