Re: [pittscomicon] Brightest of day

  • Nathan Hill
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 17 3:07 AM
      So how was it?  We were so excited, but the reviews have been less than kind.

      Your opinion?  We are still going no matter what, but I don't know if it will be better than First Class, which has been my fav movie of the summer so far.  Of course, Cap comes out next month.

      Nate

      "Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S Thompson

      On Jun 16, 2011, at 11:59 PM, "Catwomanmtb" <catwomanmtb@...> wrote:

      Now that I got ur attention @ the theater waiting for Green Lantern to start

    • Donnie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 17 2:36 PM
        I liked it. Definitely a "nerd" movie. If you are a big GL fan, like me, you will enjoy it. Especially when they show the corps and you are looking at all the members and trying to pick them out. There was one good cameo by a member, but I won't tell you who. It is your typical summer movie. Don't go in expecting Shakespeare but go just for a good time.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 17 7:37 PM
          Well, we just got out.  It wasn't bad.  Not GREAT, but a decent night out.

          One thing though, from a fan perspective.  At no time during the effects being put in did no one say that anything coming from a construct is supposed to be green, and not the actual object?  A construct of a flame thrower will fire green energy that looks like fire, not actual orange fire.  Same with a gun firing real bullets instead of shots of green energy in the shape of bullets.

          Sorry if I geeked out there for a sec, lol.

          On Jun 17, 2011, at 5:36 PM, "Donnie" <wildstorm3@...> wrote:

          I liked it. Definitely a "nerd" movie. If you are a big GL fan, like me, you will enjoy it. Especially when they show the corps and you are looking at all the members and trying to pick them out. There was one good cameo by a member, but I won't tell you who. It is your typical summer movie. Don't go in expecting Shakespeare but go just for a good time.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Nathan Hill <uthmatar.ffxi@...> wrote:

          > So how was it? We were so excited, but the reviews have been less than kind.
          >
          > Your opinion? We are still going no matter what, but I don't know if it will be better than First Class, which has been my fav movie of the summer so far. Of course, Cap comes out next month.
          >
          > Nate
          >
          > "Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S Thompson
          >

          > On Jun 16, 2011, at 11:59 PM, "Catwomanmtb" <catwomanmtb@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Now that I got ur attention @ the theater waiting for Green Lantern to start

        • Catwomanmtb
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 18 4:12 AM
            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Nathan Hill <uthmatar.ffxi@...> wrote:

            > So how was it? We were so excited, but the reviews have been less than kind.
            >
            > Your opinion? We are still going no matter what, but I don't know if it will be better than First Class, which has been my fav movie of the summer so far. Of course, Cap comes out next month.
            >
            > Nate
            >
            > "Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S Thompson
            >

            > On Jun 16, 2011, at 11:59 PM, "Catwomanmtb" <catwomanmtb@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Now that I got ur attention @ the theater waiting for Green Lantern to start

            i will say that I liked X-men First Class. But really enjoyed Green Lantern! Please understand when I say I did not read green lantern comics until truly the Blackest Night, I was a bigger X-men fan growing up, so if I had to go to c a repeat of a movie n choose between xmen or Lantern! I would choose Lantern!!. Hope that helps