Re: [pittscomicon] Hi.

  • jerry self
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2006

      Rick Olney <orcafresh@...> wrote:
      Hi loum84!

      Sure!
      1. Comfortable footwear yes indeedy
      2. A bottle of water yes indeedy stuff at the con is expensive but good restauruants around it though

      3. Your list of target items you'll be searching to
      buy
      4. Manners. Nothing frosts me more than getting
      'bumped into' only to have that person not excuse
      themself. "Please" and "Thank you" go a long way too.
      Don't interrupt the guests if you're looking for their
      autograph, and you locate them and they're engaged in
      conversation. yes indeedy -- this is also a good time to learn about who the actors really are. more likely to find out just how real they are and become bigger/less of a fan
      Yeah, some of this is common sense and
      consideration -- but I've seen my share of ignorant,
      well meaning people.
      5. MONEY! And keep it secure on your person.
      6. Deodorant is a must, along with that morning
      shower. Again, I don't mean to appear offensive.
      You'll probably learn what I'm talking about first
      hand though...

      Have fun there. I plan to!

      --- loum84 <loum84@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I'm a Pittsburgh resident, well technically West
      > Mifflin, and
      > always wantd to go to the comicon, for the years
      > they've had it, but
      > stuff always came up, and now I'm currently out here
      > in Happy Valley
      > for school.  I'm looking at the guest list, and I
      > think this year I may
      > finally try to go.  Is there any recommendations for
      > a first timer?
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Sincerely,
      --Rick

      Rick Olney
      TightLip Entertainment
      www.mightyminicon.com
      "Lux Mentis, Lux Orbis"
      IMPORTANT WARNING: This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.
      http://mail.yahoo.com

      www.jjsphotos.com
      www.geocities.com/jjsdc03

    • R Howard
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 25, 2006
        I'm not sure what your transportation situation is like but I had heard a few years ago that you could take a bus (Greyhound?) from Penn State directly to the Monroeville Mall.  If that's still the case, it might be worth looking into.  If you're driving, never mind.

        I assume you know the layout of Monroeville, but in case you don't, the Radisson is the only hotel close to the Expomart.  You might get a better rate at another hotel/motel, but if you don't have a car, it'll be a PITA getting to and from the con.  If you plan to stay at the Radisson, book a room soon, it always sells out early and already may have for this year.

        Other suggestions -

        1) Check the guest list often, it's usually updated regularly until about 2-3 weeks before the con.
        2) Make time to stop by one of the Quick Sketch raffles that occur every day for a cheap opportunity to win some sweet original art.
        3) Hang around for the Charity Auction Saturday night - some really great stuff is always auctioned off.

        loum84 <loum84@...> wrote:
        Hi, I'm a Pittsburgh resident, well technically West Mifflin, and
        always wantd to go to the comicon, for the years they've had it, but
        stuff always came up, and now I'm currently out here in Happy Valley
        for school.  I'm looking at the guest list, and I think this year I may
        finally try to go.  Is there any recommendations for a first timer?

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Do you Yahoo!?