Hi.

  • loum84
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2006
      Hi, I'm a Pittsburgh resident, well technically West Mifflin, and
      always wantd to go to the comicon, for the years they've had it, but
      stuff always came up, and now I'm currently out here in Happy Valley
      for school. I'm looking at the guest list, and I think this year I may
      finally try to go. Is there any recommendations for a first timer?
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2006
        since you are nearby,bring some coin, some patience, and have fun. you will find some deals and get plenty of autographs if your in to  that. I highly recommend the con, sure it could always be better, same as anything else.

        loum84 <loum84@...> wrote:
        Hi, I'm a Pittsburgh resident, well technically West Mifflin, and
        always wantd to go to the comicon, for the years they've had it, but
        stuff always came up, and now I'm currently out here in Happy Valley
        for school.  I'm looking at the guest list, and I think this year I may
        finally try to go.  Is there any recommendations for a first timer?

        Yahoo! Photos
      • Rick Olney
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2006
          Hi loum84!

          Sure!
          1. Comfortable footwear
          2. A bottle of water
          3. Your list of target items you'll be searching to
          buy
          4. Manners. Nothing frosts me more than getting
          'bumped into' only to have that person not excuse
          themself. "Please" and "Thank you" go a long way too.
          Don't interrupt the guests if you're looking for their
          autograph, and you locate them and they're engaged in
          conversation. Yeah, some of this is common sense and
          consideration -- but I've seen my share of ignorant,
          well meaning people.
          5. MONEY! And keep it secure on your person.
          6. Deodorant is a must, along with that morning
          shower. Again, I don't mean to appear offensive.
          You'll probably learn what I'm talking about first
          hand though...

          Have fun there. I plan to!

          --- loum84 <loum84@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I'm a Pittsburgh resident, well technically West
          > Mifflin, and
          > always wantd to go to the comicon, for the years
          > they've had it, but
          > stuff always came up, and now I'm currently out here
          > in Happy Valley
          > for school. I'm looking at the guest list, and I
          > think this year I may
          > finally try to go. Is there any recommendations for
          > a first timer?
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Sincerely,
          --Rick

          Rick Olney
          TightLip Entertainment
          www.mightyminicon.com
          "Lux Mentis, Lux Orbis"
          IMPORTANT WARNING: This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.
          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • jerry self
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 23, 2006

            Rick Olney <orcafresh@...> wrote:
            Hi loum84!

            Sure!
            1. Comfortable footwear yes indeedy
            2. A bottle of water yes indeedy stuff at the con is expensive but good restauruants around it though

            3. Your list of target items you'll be searching to
            buy
            4. Manners. Nothing frosts me more than getting
            'bumped into' only to have that person not excuse
            themself. "Please" and "Thank you" go a long way too.
            Don't interrupt the guests if you're looking for their
            autograph, and you locate them and they're engaged in
            conversation. yes indeedy -- this is also a good time to learn about who the actors really are. more likely to find out just how real they are and become bigger/less of a fan

            --- loum84 <loum84@...> wrote:

            > Hi, I'm a Pittsburgh resident, well technically West
            > Mifflin, and
            > always wantd to go to the comicon, for the years
            > they've had it, but
            > stuff always came up, and now I'm currently out here
            > in Happy Valley
            > for school.  I'm looking at the guest list, and I
            > think this year I may
            > finally try to go.  Is there any recommendations for
            > a first timer?
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Sincerely,
            --Rick

            Rick Olney
            TightLip Entertainment
            www.mightyminicon.com
            "Lux Mentis, Lux Orbis"
            IMPORTANT WARNING: This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.
            http://mail.yahoo.com

            www.jjsphotos.com
            www.geocities.com/jjsdc03

          • R Howard
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 25, 2006
              I'm not sure what your transportation situation is like but I had heard a few years ago that you could take a bus (Greyhound?) from Penn State directly to the Monroeville Mall.  If that's still the case, it might be worth looking into.  If you're driving, never mind.

              I assume you know the layout of Monroeville, but in case you don't, the Radisson is the only hotel close to the Expomart.  You might get a better rate at another hotel/motel, but if you don't have a car, it'll be a PITA getting to and from the con.  If you plan to stay at the Radisson, book a room soon, it always sells out early and already may have for this year.

              Other suggestions -

              1) Check the guest list often, it's usually updated regularly until about 2-3 weeks before the con.
              2) Make time to stop by one of the Quick Sketch raffles that occur every day for a cheap opportunity to win some sweet original art.
              3) Hang around for the Charity Auction Saturday night - some really great stuff is always auctioned off.

              loum84 <loum84@...> wrote:
              Hi, I'm a Pittsburgh resident, well technically West Mifflin, and
              always wantd to go to the comicon, for the years they've had it, but
              stuff always came up, and now I'm currently out here in Happy Valley
              for school.  I'm looking at the guest list, and I think this year I may
              finally try to go.  Is there any recommendations for a first timer?

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              Do you Yahoo!?