Re: star wars

  • Dirk...Dirk Diggler
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2005
      Star Wars is for dorks. We go for the comics.

      :P

      j/k
    • norvandell
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 23, 2005
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"
        <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:

        > Star Wars is for dorks. We go for the comics.
        >
        > :P
        >
        > j/k

        some could say the same for you. I've met some of the coolest actors
        at this con and found out about other movies they've worked on. Like
        Renee Owens Once we're soliders, maybe I would'nt have seen how good
        they were had it not been for meeting them. Besides there are too
        many people that buy certain comics because they're spoon fed being
        told to buy them and don't use their own brains (wizard comes to
        mind). Theres more to life than comics.
      • Dirk...Dirk Diggler
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 23, 2005
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "norvandell" <BIG_BOOTE@H...>
          wrote:

          > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"
          > <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Star Wars is for dorks. We go for the comics.
          > >
          > > :P
          > >
          > > j/k
          >
          > some could say the same for you. I've met some of the coolest
          actors
          > at this con and found out about other movies they've worked on.
          Like
          > Renee Owens Once we're soliders, maybe I would'nt have seen how
          good
          > they were had it not been for meeting them. Besides there are too
          > many people that buy certain comics because they're spoon fed
          being
          > told to buy them and don't use their own brains (wizard comes to
          > mind). Theres more to life than comics.

          I refuse to believe there is more to life than comics.

          I was kidding, by the way. Thats why I wrote 'j/k' and gave you the
          goofy smiley ':P'.

          And wizard DOES suck...bastards!
        • norvandell
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 24, 2005
            <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:

            > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "norvandell" <BIG_BOOTE@H...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"
            > > <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Star Wars is for dorks. We go for the comics.
            > > >
            > > > :P
            > > >
            > > > j/k
            > >
            > > some could say the same for you. I've met some of the coolest
            > actors
            > > at this con and found out about other movies they've worked on.
            > Like
            > > Renee Owens Once we're soliders, maybe I would'nt have seen how
            > good
            > > they were had it not been for meeting them. Besides there are too
            > > many people that buy certain comics because they're spoon fed
            > being
            > > told to buy them and don't use their own brains (wizard comes to
            > > mind). Theres more to life than comics.
            >

            > I refuse to believe there is more to life than comics.
            >
            > I was kidding, by the way. Thats why I wrote 'j/k' and gave you the
            > goofy smiley ':P'.
            >
            > And wizard DOES suck...bastards!

            I kinda thought there was more to it than being serious. Also, just
            got the j/k. Ever notice how wizard talks up certain books as
            being "cool", then everyone buys the hell out of them, and what
            happens next....Image implosion of the 90's all over again. exactly
            what happend to Valliant and just this past year CrossGen.
            Coincidence?.
          • Dirk...Dirk Diggler
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 24, 2005
              wrote:

              > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"
              > <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "norvandell"
              <BIG_BOOTE@H...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"

              > > > some could say the same for you. I've met some of the coolest
              > > actors
              > > > at this con and found out about other movies they've worked
              on.
              > > Like
              > > > Renee Owens Once we're soliders, maybe I would'nt have seen
              how
              > > good
              > > > they were had it not been for meeting them. Besides there are
              too
              > > > many people that buy certain comics because they're spoon fed
              > > being
              > > > told to buy them and don't use their own brains (wizard comes
              > > > mind). Theres more to life than comics.
              > >

              > > I refuse to believe there is more to life than comics.
              > >
              > > I was kidding, by the way. Thats why I wrote 'j/k' and gave you
              the
              > > goofy smiley ':P'.
              > >
              > > And wizard DOES suck...bastards!
              >
              > I kinda thought there was more to it than being serious. Also,
              just
              > got the j/k. Ever notice how wizard talks up certain books as
              > being "cool", then everyone buys the hell out of them, and what
              > happens next....Image implosion of the 90's all over again.
              exactly
              > what happend to Valliant and just this past year CrossGen.
              > Coincidence?.

              Yeah, I read something about them buying a bunch of back issues of
              Valiant comics, and then listing them as 'hot' and claiming
              their 'value' was throught the roof. I think the jigs been up on
              them for a while, now. Any reputable dealer will tell you theyre
              full of shit. Stuff like this, plus all the variant covers, etc,
              make me worry about the future of comics. Its like were in the 90s
              again. Hell, Wolvie is in almost every Marvel book (again). This is
              why I believe people shouldnt buy comics for their
              supposed 'monetary value', but more for their 'enjoyment value'. We
              had a thread on this on the BENDIS! Board not too long ago. Check
              out the site,. Something tells me you would dig it.
              http://www.imagecomics.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?
              f=3&sid=4ed078635f0329ca161d79da97856ff1
            • norvandell
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 27, 2005
                <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:

                > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "norvandell" <BIG_BOOTE@H...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"
                > > <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "norvandell"
                > <BIG_BOOTE@H...>

                > > > actors
                > on.
                > > > Like
                > how
                > > > good
                > too
                > > > being
                > > >

                > > > I refuse to believe there is more to life than comics.
                > > >
                > > > I was kidding, by the way. Thats why I wrote 'j/k' and gave you
                > the
                > > > goofy smiley ':P'.
                > > >
                > > > And wizard DOES suck...bastards!
                > >
                > > I kinda thought there was more to it than being serious. Also,
                > just
                > > got the j/k. Ever notice how wizard talks up certain books as
                > > being "cool", then everyone buys the hell out of them, and what
                > > happens next....Image implosion of the 90's all over again.
                > exactly
                > > what happend to Valliant and just this past year CrossGen.
                > > Coincidence?.
                >
                > Yeah, I read something about them buying a bunch of back issues of
                > Valiant comics, and then listing them as 'hot' and claiming
                > their 'value' was throught the roof. I think the jigs been up on
                > them for a while, now. Any reputable dealer will tell you theyre
                > full of shit. Stuff like this, plus all the variant covers, etc,
                > make me worry about the future of comics. Its like were in the 90s
                > again. Hell, Wolvie is in almost every Marvel book (again). This is
                > why I believe people shouldnt buy comics for their
                > supposed 'monetary value', but more for their 'enjoyment value'. We
                > had a thread on this on the BENDIS! Board not too long ago. Check
                > out the site,. Something tells me you would dig it.
                > http://www.imagecomics.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?
                > f=3&sid=4ed078635f0329ca161d79da97856ff1

                Atleast there is someone else that feels the same way as I. What ever
                happend to earth changing events that will effect the future of the
                comic for the next year, only to fall short. And didn't marvel cut
                back on the number of titles for a given character or group. Diluting
                the gene pool so to speak, what the deuce.