JIM STARLIN ADDED TO STELLAR GUEST LIST!!

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 17, 2011
      Here the latest exciting news about Comicon 2011!!

      Greeting Comicon Cohorts,

      With less than a month to go until Pittsburgh Comicon 2011, we are still adding stellar talent to the 2011 guests list and it doesn't get any more Stellar than:

      -Artist and Writer, JIM STARLIN: best-known for his "Cosmic Adventures" on such titles as: Captain Marvel, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, Cosmic Odyssey and much, much more, including Batman:A Death in The Family and the long awaited continuation of his BREED series, BREED III due out in May from Image Comics. We are thrilled to bring Mr. Starlin to the Pittsburgh Comicon for the 1st time.

      -We added another bunch of artists to the guest list this week besides Mr. Starlin, including a Comicon favorite artist,
      Eric "EBAS" Basaldua
      and colorist, Tom Smith, best known for his work with fellow convention guest George Perez
      for a full list of guests visit www.pittsburghcomicon.com

      -For those of you interested in a preview of the 2011 Pittsburgh Comicon T-Shirt, you can visit the Charity Auction page and check out the incredible Green Lantern art done by George Perez. The original with be available for bid at the 2011 Comicon Charity Auction at 7:00 pm on Saturday and we'll soon have the T-Shirt available for purchase via the website in it's full colored glory. (Colored by the aforementioned Tom Smith!) To take a look at the Perez piece and other early auction items visit: www.pittsburghcomicon.com/charityauction.html

      -and lastly for this update, if you are coming to the con looking for FREE STUFF (come on admit it, everybody loves free stuff), get there early because the first 50 guests through the door will receive a FREE copy of Tim Tyler's new comic, ENGINE. To take a peek at the cover of Tim's book, visit the promotions section of our website at: www.pittsburghcomicon.com/promotions.html

      We still have more exciting things in the works for 2011, so stay tuned!!!!!

      Patrick A. Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      PITTSBURGH COMICON
      APRIL 15, 16, 17, 2011
      Monroeville Convention Center

      Contact:
      1002 Graham Ave.
      Windber, PA 15963
      814-467-4116
      fx:814-467-4416
      pcomicon@...
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 17, 2011
        how big do the shirts go in size?

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 17, 2011
          We haven't ordered them yet, because we are waiting for the lettering to be finished but I believe Renee orders up to 4X.

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 17, 2011
            bummer. add another X and they will sell.....lol
            Id buy 2 anyway

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 18, 2011
              Hey Dugger,

              If you really need a 5X I can see what we can do. Renee hasn't ordered them yet so if the t-shirt place has 5X available I can see what I can do.

              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 18, 2011
                Really? Hell yeah Id  buy for sure, and you know you will see me at the con...lol

                If you really need a 5X I can see what we can do. Renee hasn't ordered them yet so if the t-shirt place has 5X available I can see what I can do.

                > bummer. add another X and they will sell.....lol
                > Id buy 2 anyway
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Donnie
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 18, 2011
                  Perez posted a pic of the colored version of the shirt art on his facebook and it looks GREAT. I am definitely getting one. Doesn't matter the size because I intend to get it signed like I did the last GL shirt.

                  > Really? Hell yeah Id buy for sure, and you know you will see me at the
                  > con...lol
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • tbolts712
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 25, 2011
                    Figure this is as good a spot as any for my first post here. Very excited by this year's guest list, just for George and Phil alone! Very excited to see EBAS back in Pittsburgh, too! Looking forward to seeing if anyone pops up last minute and cannot wait for the show!!

                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 25, 2011
                      Glad to have you on the message board tbolts and I'm glad your excited about the show. If you run into a balding guy with a goatee whering a tie and running around the convention hall like there is a fire somewhere, that's me, if you can get me to stop for a second, "Say Hello"

                      Patrick

                      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "tbolts712" <jrsavitski@...> wrote:

                      > Figure this is as good a spot as any for my first post here. Very excited by this year's guest list, just for George and Phil alone! Very excited to see EBAS back in Pittsburgh, too! Looking forward to seeing if anyone pops up last minute and cannot wait for the show!!
                      >

                      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Donnie" <wildstorm3@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Perez posted a pic of the colored version of the shirt art on his facebook and it looks GREAT. I am definitely getting one. Doesn't matter the size because I intend to get it signed like I did the last GL shirt.
                      > >
                      > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Really? Hell yeah Id buy for sure, and you know you will see me at the
                      > > > con...lol
                      > > >

                      > > > ________________________________

                    • tbolts712
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 25, 2011
                        Hey Patrick, much thanks! Been going to the show since 2007 and try to make it whenever schedule allows; this'll be my 3rd time. Not to get off track but a great show and LOVE the new convention center.

                        I'll be on the lookout! I fit the same description (minus the fire!), so I'll look for someone like me. Good luck this year!

                        Best,

                        Josh

                        > Glad to have you on the message board tbolts and I'm glad your excited about the show. If you run into a balding guy with a goatee whering a tie and running around the convention hall like there is a fire somewhere, that's me, if you can get me to stop for a second, "Say Hello"
                        >
                        > Patrick
                        >
                        > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "tbolts712" <jrsavitski@> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > Figure this is as good a spot as any for my first post here. Very excited by this year's guest list, just for George and Phil alone! Very excited to see EBAS back in Pittsburgh, too! Looking forward to seeing if anyone pops up last minute and cannot wait for the show!!
                        > >

                        > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Donnie" <wildstorm3@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Perez posted a pic of the colored version of the shirt art on his facebook and it looks GREAT. I am definitely getting one. Doesn't matter the size because I intend to get it signed like I did the last GL shirt.

                      • Nathan Hill
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 26, 2011
                          Is there any chance of Ramona Fradon setting up a booth this year?  I see that she isn't on the guest list yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

                          My wife and I bought art from her at the last Con, and at the Baltimore show.  Both pieces are amazing.

                          Nate

                          Sent from my iPad

                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 26, 2011
                            Sorry no, Ramona this year, but we'd always be up for having the first lady of comics back at the show. When she was here last, there just couldn't have been a nicer, classier lady.

                            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Nathan Hill <uthmatar.ffxi@...> wrote:

                            > Is there any chance of Ramona Fradon setting up a booth this year? I see that she isn't on the guest list yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
                            >
                            > My wife and I bought art from her at the last Con, and at the Baltimore show. Both pieces are amazing.
                            >
                            > Nate
                            >
                            > Sent from my iPad
                            >
                            > On Mar 25, 2011, at 10:38 PM, "tbolts712" <jrsavitski@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > Hey Patrick, much thanks! Been going to the show since 2007 and try to make it whenever schedule allows; this'll be my 3rd time. Not to get off track but a great show and LOVE the new convention center.
                            > >
                            > > I'll be on the lookout! I fit the same description (minus the fire!), so I'll look for someone like me. Good luck this year!
                            > >
                            > > Best,
                            > >
                            > > Josh
                            > >
                            > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@> wrote:
                            > > >

                            > > > Glad to have you on the message board tbolts and I'm glad your excited about the show. If you run into a balding guy with a goatee whering a tie and running around the convention hall like there is a fire somewhere, that's me, if you can get me to stop for a second, "Say Hello"
                            > > >
                            > > > Patrick

                          • Donnie
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 26, 2011
                              She was great last time she was here. I don't get intimidated by some people but she did. Just being the person that she is in the biz.

                              > Sorry no, Ramona this year, but we'd always be up for having the first lady of comics back at the show. When she was here last, there just couldn't have been a nicer, classier lady.
                              >
                              > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Nathan Hill <uthmatar.ffxi@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Is there any chance of Ramona Fradon setting up a booth this year? I see that she isn't on the guest list yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
                              > >
                              > > My wife and I bought art from her at the last Con, and at the Baltimore show. Both pieces are amazing.
                              > >
                              > > Nate
                              > >
                              > > Sent from my iPad
                              > >
                              > > On Mar 25, 2011, at 10:38 PM, "tbolts712" <jrsavitski@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > > Hey Patrick, much thanks! Been going to the show since 2007 and try to make it whenever schedule allows; this'll be my 3rd time. Not to get off track but a great show and LOVE the new convention center.
                              > > >
                              > > > I'll be on the lookout! I fit the same description (minus the fire!), so I'll look for someone like me. Good luck this year!
                              > > >
                              > > > Best,
                              > > >
                              > > > Josh

                            • Amy Hill
                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 27, 2011
                                Intimidated? Really? I thought she was very pleasant and gracious. I even tried to convince her that she should call Dan DiDio and inform him she was going to start doing artwork for Wonder Woman.

                                Message 15 of 16 , Mar 27, 2011
                                  She was nice but it was like when I met Stan Lee a few years gao when he was in Pitt.

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Apr 7 6:10 PM
                                    Not necessarily about the guests (and they are stellar!) but wow, the con's next week! Very much looking forward to going and man, time flies!!