quick poll for those that get sketches...

  • Donnie
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2011
      Do you prefer sketch cards or sketch books.

      Personally when I first went to a show (Pittsburgh 2004 or 5) I had a plain 8x10 sketchbook from WalMart. Now I get them done on 11x17 comic boards. This way the artist has more room and freedom and I can also get some great jam pieces like the ones I got last year.

      My pulp jam
      http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=626224&GSub=87358

      My Aspen Jam
      http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=626220&GSub=87358

      Now I just have to find someone(s) to ink them and possibly color.
    • James Rowe
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2011
        It was suggested to me a few years back for artist jams get each artist to create a sketch on 8 1/2 X 11 paper and put the images together in Photoshop. That way you can have jams done quicker and a little bit more creative control.

        Darth Stewie

        James