Re: Guest suggestions for next year

  • forgiona
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 23, 2010
      I have my fingers crossed!
      You or Renee should be hearing from your man soon.

      Also, I might as well throw in another one off my wish list
      > William Stout - of http://www.williamstout.com

      I know you can't invite everyone, every year, but I hope he can make your short list in a future show.

      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 23, 2010
        tim has been here before, he was part of the devils due crew when he was the head artist and before hack/slash got so big. super cool dude and very nice to chat with.

        ive met larry once. he doesn't do alot of appearances so me and my cuz drove to toronto to a comic shop see him. well that and we were making an adventure out of it and stopped at the falls and some other things along the way.

        cant begin to describe how nice this man is even after some goober in front of us had an entire long box of gi joe stuff to get signed. the guy even told larry where he wanted alot of the books to be signed. the guy was up larrys ass and you could see he was starting to get annoyed but just let the guy say what he wanted to say and said ill do what i can when im not with other people. they guy left and said he would be back in an hour. didnt even say thanks, or offer to give him a few bux for his time since it was a long box! <it was a free signing>.

        i walked up to larry, shook his hand and gave him a smile and said wow what was that guy thinking lol, larry just said idk but i get that alot with joe fans. i said well mr hama i only got 5 books if thats ok. im a huge joe fan but i brought other books and just not those. he got really excited when i mentioned that <long story there>. i was the only one there at that point so we talked for awhile about things he has done and what he was working on then to the point where i thought he might be getting tired of me.
        he said oh no its no trouble, its better then sitting here doing nothing <the shop was dead>.

        i looked at my cuz and said well ready to get some lunch and head back to pgh when larry stopped me as i was about to walk away. he said your from pgh? i said yes sir drove all the way up here to see you, 5 hours worth. he just looked shocked and said really just to see me. i said yes sir you dont do alot of these and i wasn't going to pass up a chance to have an adventure and go on a road trip to meet someone i have always wanted to chat with. he just said wow thats really great didnt think i still had fans like that lol.   we thanked him again and walked out.

        it would be awesome to have him come to town, not just bc im a joe fan and thats seems to be all he is associated with bc he has had some great runs on some other big books to. his run on wolverine is one of my favorites in that series. anytime someone asked who they would like to see here he is always tops on my list but i hear it takes some convincing to get him to shows?

        good luck in whoever you can get to come. seem to be alot of the same people anymore. doesn't bother me but some new faces would be cool. loved herb trimpe being there. that guy is a blast to chat with, funny as heck and so laid back. glad he is coming back. he and larry worked on joe together, would be nice to have a shot of them together if there booths are close to each other.
        i dont go for the guests,  i dont even go to find back issues as my collections are complete enough to where i am happy with them.
        i go for the good times and hang out chatting with people and being a cosplay guy the kids love taking pics with us cosplay people. its just a good time with like minded people in a fun environment.

        -bart

        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 23, 2010
          William Stout would be a great addition (and I think we have contact info for him from years ago) and again we take all suggestions seriously because everyone has different tastes and likes. Personally I am a hardcore DC guy so I have a tendancy to lean towards DC artists so it is always good to other perspectives.

          But all of you remember, although Renee has a roledex as big as a Buick, we don't always have contact info for guests you suggest, so if you are out at a show and see someone you would like to have join us in Pittsburgh get their contact info. You don't have to post their info online (lord forbid) but you can email it directly to me and we can go from there.

          Thanks Everyone for their input.

          P.A.T.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "forgiona" <forgiona@...> wrote:

          > I have my fingers crossed!
          > You or Renee should be hearing from your man soon.
          >
          > Also, I might as well throw in another one off my wish list
          > > William Stout - of http://www.williamstout.com
          >
          > I know you can't invite everyone, every year, but I hope he can make your short list in a future show.
          >

          > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks for the suggestions. We actually had a man on the ground at the VA Comicon to talk to some of the very artists you suggested, so we'll see how it pans out.
          > >
          > > P.A.T.
          > >
          > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "forgiona" <forgiona@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > PAT,
          > > > I just got back from the VA comicon, and saw a few people there that could be nice additions to Pittsburgh. Some may have been here before, but not that I can remember. Also I'll mention their web presence, that I've found. Looking forward to Pitt con in 2011!
          > > >
          > > > Budd Root and Andy Smith
          > > > I really hope they make their first appearance in 2011
          > > >
          > > > Tim Seeley - Hack/Slash creator & artist
          > > > He's on deviantART
          > > >
          > > > Greg Williams (Dark One) - Animal Mystic creator & artist
          > > > Also on deviantART, and Facebook
          > > >
          > > > Larry Hama. He edited a bunch of DC and Marvel (batman, wolverine) comics, and or course, wrote GI Joe
          > > >
          > > > Tom Raney. He's on deviantART and is usually tied to the Heroes Initiative

        • clarke wiggins
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 23, 2010
            i'd love to see Larry Hama. I have a GIJOE #21 BAGGED and ready to be signed. I don't like pushing alot of comics in front of people, just one or 2 is usually good enough for me.

            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 23, 2010
              course, Alex Ross is another one i'd like to meet.

> [...]

              P.A.T.

              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "forgiona" <forgiona@...> wrote:

              > PAT,
              > I just got back from the VA comicon, and saw a few people there that could be nice additions to Pittsburgh. Some may have been here before, but not that I can remember. Also I'll mention their web presence, that I've found. Looking forward to Pitt con in 2011!
              >
              > Budd Root and Andy Smith
              > I really hope they make their first appearance in 2011
              >
              > Tim Seeley - Hack/Slash creator & artist
              > He's on deviantART
              >
              > Greg Williams (Dark One) - Animal Mystic creator & artist
              > Also on deviantART, and Facebook
              >
              > Larry Hama. He edited a bunch of DC and Marvel (batman, wolverine) comics, and or course, wrote GI Joe
              >
              > Tom Raney. He's on deviantART and is usually tied to the Heroes Initiative

            • James Rowe
              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 24, 2010
                I'd love to see Katie Cook in Pittsburgh. I keep missing her appearances.
                She's on facebook.

                Darth Stewie

                James Rowe

                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 25, 2010
                  I would love to see Mike Deodato again .. he was an awesome guest when I saw him at the Pittsburgh Comicon several years ago and has done a lot of fantastic work since then.  Otherwise, I am just looking forward to being able to come in 2011 after a several years' absence!!  HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

                  Robert