PHIL JIMENEZ ADDED TO 2011 GUEST LIST!!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2010
      Hey folks this is the email update that is about to go out. The website should be updated soon to include the recent additions.

      Greetings My Comicon Compatriots,

      We are thrilled to announce the addition of Super-Star Artist and Writer, PHIL JIMENEZ to the 2011 Pittsburgh Comicon Guest List!!

      With Phil added to a guest list that already includes comic legend, GEORGE PEREZ, we can boast the appearance of two of the most detailed artists in comicdom. Between the two of them, you would be hard pressed to name a comic character that these superstars haven't drawn. We couldn't be more happy about bringing Phil to the Burgh for the first time!!

      And while I'm making announcements, we also recently added the returning guests, Legendary Comic artist and inker, JOE SINNOTT; writer of the YOUNG ALLIES and the upcoming ONSLAUGHT UNLEASHED, SEAN McKEEVER and Pittsburgh's own superstar artists, Spidergirl's RON FRENZ and Booster Gold's PAT OLLIFFE.

      For a the most up to date guest list visit: www.pittsburghcomicon.com/guests.html

      Also just last week we added the first piece to our Make-A-Wish Auction.
      It is the COVER to the 2011 PROGRAM book, done by F.O.P.C. (friends of the Pittsburgh Comicon)
      JAY FIFE and BOB ALMOND. We are elated to have art from this pair, who are long-time guests of the show, appearing as our 2011 Program Cover.

      We are super-excited for 2011 and hope you are too, but for those of you that can't wait until April for their comic fix, our friends at New Dimension Comics are hosting.....

      The Pittsburgh Comic & Collectibles Show Nov. 14thÂ… THIS SUNDAY!

      Held 11-5 inside the Century III Mall (2nd floor, near JC Penny), West Mifflin. New Dimension Comics has arranged tons of great attractions for this event! Admission is just $3 for ALL this :

      ~ Jim Shooter! If you have to ask "who's that?", maybe you should stay home. Jim was Editor-in-Chief at Marvel from 1976-1987, wrote Secret Wars, spearheaded Valiant, Defiant, and Broadway, and is currently writing Dr. Solar, Magnus, and other Gold Key titles for Dark Horse. He also currently holds a Guinness World Record for the youngest comic book writer having started at age 13 (Adventure Comics #346).

      ~ This JUST in! Mighty Samson #1 is coming in Dec. from Dark Horse written by Jim Shooter with art by Pat Olliffe. Pat has done a new piece of art just for the show! This will be a limited edition print available while supplies last FREE at the show!

      ~Grimm Fairy Tales Beyond Wonderland #0 Show Exclusive Parchment cover. Featuring a new cover by GFT artist Dan Leister and models Cy-Fi and Nita Shipers. All will be attending the show! Only 500 copies made. Show special pricing of just $10!

      ~ 30+ guest creators! See the full list of all our guests at : http://www.ndcomics.com/1110show.html

      ~Free swag! The first 100 attendees get a Steve Niles signed Mystery Society #1. Cover model DJ Cy-Fi will be there to sign it also! The first 300 folks attending get a free Dr. Solar/Magnus Robot Fighter comic by Jim Shooter. Plus tons of free posters, buttons, and more goodies!

      ~Door Prizes! We will have lots of great door prizes and you have a chance to win every HALF HOUR! See them all on display in our Century III Mall store. Some valuable statues even!

      Plus we'll be there for anyone that wants to talk to us about the 2011 Pittsburgh Comicon, We hope to see you there and we can't wait until April to see you all again!!!!

      Talk to all again soon,

      Patrick A. Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      Pittsburgh Comicon