Re: [pittscomicon] star wars

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6 4:14 AM
      i dont know for sure, but there always is

      ftthwtcm <ftthwtcm@...> wrote:

      is there gonne be any star wars people there this year!!!thanks dave

      "You're fooling yourself if you think your purpose in life is anything greater than turning animals into poo."

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Dirk...Dirk Diggler
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6 9:17 PM
        Star Wars is for dorks. We go for the comics.

        :P

        j/k
      • norvandell
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 23 7:37 PM
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"
          <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:

          > Star Wars is for dorks. We go for the comics.
          >
          > :P
          >
          > j/k

          some could say the same for you. I've met some of the coolest actors
          at this con and found out about other movies they've worked on. Like
          Renee Owens Once we're soliders, maybe I would'nt have seen how good
          they were had it not been for meeting them. Besides there are too
          many people that buy certain comics because they're spoon fed being
          told to buy them and don't use their own brains (wizard comes to
          mind). Theres more to life than comics.
        • Dirk...Dirk Diggler
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 23 9:31 PM
            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "norvandell" <BIG_BOOTE@H...>
            wrote:

            > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"
            > <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Star Wars is for dorks. We go for the comics.
            > >
            > > :P
            > >
            > > j/k
            >
            > some could say the same for you. I've met some of the coolest
            actors
            > at this con and found out about other movies they've worked on.
            Like
            > Renee Owens Once we're soliders, maybe I would'nt have seen how
            good
            > they were had it not been for meeting them. Besides there are too
            > many people that buy certain comics because they're spoon fed
            being
            > told to buy them and don't use their own brains (wizard comes to
            > mind). Theres more to life than comics.

            I refuse to believe there is more to life than comics.

            I was kidding, by the way. Thats why I wrote 'j/k' and gave you the
            goofy smiley ':P'.

            And wizard DOES suck...bastards!
          • norvandell
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 24 9:46 PM
              <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:

              > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "norvandell" <BIG_BOOTE@H...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"
              > > <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Star Wars is for dorks. We go for the comics.
              > > >
              > > > :P
              > > >
              > > > j/k
              > >
              > > some could say the same for you. I've met some of the coolest
              > actors
              > > at this con and found out about other movies they've worked on.
              > Like
              > > Renee Owens Once we're soliders, maybe I would'nt have seen how
              > good
              > > they were had it not been for meeting them. Besides there are too
              > > many people that buy certain comics because they're spoon fed
              > being
              > > told to buy them and don't use their own brains (wizard comes to
              > > mind). Theres more to life than comics.
              >

              > I refuse to believe there is more to life than comics.
              >
              > I was kidding, by the way. Thats why I wrote 'j/k' and gave you the
              > goofy smiley ':P'.
              >
              > And wizard DOES suck...bastards!

              I kinda thought there was more to it than being serious. Also, just
              got the j/k. Ever notice how wizard talks up certain books as
              being "cool", then everyone buys the hell out of them, and what
              happens next....Image implosion of the 90's all over again. exactly
              what happend to Valliant and just this past year CrossGen.
              Coincidence?.
            • Dirk...Dirk Diggler
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 24 10:49 PM
                wrote:

                > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"
                > <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "norvandell"
                <BIG_BOOTE@H...>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"

                > > > some could say the same for you. I've met some of the coolest
                > > actors
                > > > at this con and found out about other movies they've worked
                on.
                > > Like
                > > > Renee Owens Once we're soliders, maybe I would'nt have seen
                how
                > > good
                > > > they were had it not been for meeting them. Besides there are
                too
                > > > many people that buy certain comics because they're spoon fed
                > > being
                > > > told to buy them and don't use their own brains (wizard comes
                > > > mind). Theres more to life than comics.
                > >

                > > I refuse to believe there is more to life than comics.
                > >
                > > I was kidding, by the way. Thats why I wrote 'j/k' and gave you
                the
                > > goofy smiley ':P'.
                > >
                > > And wizard DOES suck...bastards!
                >
                > I kinda thought there was more to it than being serious. Also,
                just
                > got the j/k. Ever notice how wizard talks up certain books as
                > being "cool", then everyone buys the hell out of them, and what
                > happens next....Image implosion of the 90's all over again.
                exactly
                > what happend to Valliant and just this past year CrossGen.
                > Coincidence?.

                Yeah, I read something about them buying a bunch of back issues of
                Valiant comics, and then listing them as 'hot' and claiming
                their 'value' was throught the roof. I think the jigs been up on
                them for a while, now. Any reputable dealer will tell you theyre
                full of shit. Stuff like this, plus all the variant covers, etc,
                make me worry about the future of comics. Its like were in the 90s
                again. Hell, Wolvie is in almost every Marvel book (again). This is
                why I believe people shouldnt buy comics for their
                supposed 'monetary value', but more for their 'enjoyment value'. We
                had a thread on this on the BENDIS! Board not too long ago. Check
                out the site,. Something tells me you would dig it.
                http://www.imagecomics.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?
                f=3&sid=4ed078635f0329ca161d79da97856ff1
              • norvandell
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 27 9:58 PM
                  <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:

                  > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "norvandell" <BIG_BOOTE@H...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"
                  > > <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "norvandell"
                  > <BIG_BOOTE@H...>

                  > > > actors
                  > on.
                  > > > Like
                  > how
                  > > > good
                  > too
                  > > > being
                  > > >

                  > > > I refuse to believe there is more to life than comics.
                  > > >
                  > > > I was kidding, by the way. Thats why I wrote 'j/k' and gave you
                  > the
                  > > > goofy smiley ':P'.
                  > > >
                  > > > And wizard DOES suck...bastards!
                  > >
                  > > I kinda thought there was more to it than being serious. Also,
                  > just
                  > > got the j/k. Ever notice how wizard talks up certain books as
                  > > being "cool", then everyone buys the hell out of them, and what
                  > > happens next....Image implosion of the 90's all over again.
                  > exactly
                  > > what happend to Valliant and just this past year CrossGen.
                  > > Coincidence?.
                  >
                  > Yeah, I read something about them buying a bunch of back issues of
                  > Valiant comics, and then listing them as 'hot' and claiming
                  > their 'value' was throught the roof. I think the jigs been up on
                  > them for a while, now. Any reputable dealer will tell you theyre
                  > full of shit. Stuff like this, plus all the variant covers, etc,
                  > make me worry about the future of comics. Its like were in the 90s
                  > again. Hell, Wolvie is in almost every Marvel book (again). This is
                  > why I believe people shouldnt buy comics for their
                  > supposed 'monetary value', but more for their 'enjoyment value'. We
                  > had a thread on this on the BENDIS! Board not too long ago. Check
                  > out the site,. Something tells me you would dig it.
                  > http://www.imagecomics.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?
                  > f=3&sid=4ed078635f0329ca161d79da97856ff1

                  Atleast there is someone else that feels the same way as I. What ever
                  happend to earth changing events that will effect the future of the
                  comic for the next year, only to fall short. And didn't marvel cut
                  back on the number of titles for a given character or group. Diluting
                  the gene pool so to speak, what the deuce.