Question about donating to the Charity Auction

  • wondergirl220@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2010
      This year, I noticed that someone donated some custom Barbies for the auction. They also had a table at the convention with dolls on display, but I don't know if they were selling them. I think the one character was Witchblade, but I'm not sure about the other one.
      I also make custom figures in various styles and was wondering if they would be accepted if I donated a few. If they would, what would be a good format? Which characters would probably be most desirable? I know that original art and unusual pieces by well-known artists and writers seem to get the most bids, but I'd love to contribute too.
      Amy
      Message 2 of 4 , May 24, 2010
        Of course your donation would be accepted and appreciated. You never know what someone might be interested in at an auction, and custom figures are something you don't see everyday. As far as which characters??? The sky is the limit, but generally the more mainstream the characters (DC or Marvel, some of the better known indy characters) are what sell best, but you can use your own discression. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask me.

        Thanks,

        Patrick

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, wondergirl220@... wrote:

        > This year, I noticed that someone donated some custom Barbies for the auction. They also had a table at the convention with dolls on display, but I don't know if they were selling them. I think the one character was Witchblade, but I'm not sure about the other one.
        > I also make custom figures in various styles and was wondering if they would be accepted if I donated a few. If they would, what would be a good format? Which characters would probably be most desirable? I know that original art and unusual pieces by well-known artists and writers seem to get the most bids, but I'd love to contribute too.
        > Amy

      • R Howard
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2010
          I might also suggest characters from well known fantasy or sci-fi franchises.  Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter.  It depends on what you are familiar with and what your work lends itself to.

          Of course your donation would be accepted and appreciated. You never know what someone might be interested in at an auction, and custom figures are something you don't see everyday. As far as which characters??? The sky is the limit, but generally the more mainstream the characters (DC or Marvel, some of the better known indy characters) are what sell best, but you can use your own discression. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask me.

          Thanks,

          Patrick

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, wondergirl220@... wrote:

          > This year, I noticed that someone donated some custom Barbies for the auction. They also had a table at the convention with dolls on display, but I don't know if they were selling them. I think the one character was Witchblade, but I'm not sure about the other one.
          > I also make custom figures in various styles and was wondering if they would be accepted if I donated a few. If they would, what would be a good format? Which characters would probably be most desirable? I know that original art and unusual pieces by well-known artists and writers seem to get the most bids, but I'd love to contribute too.
          > Amy

        • Amy Hill
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 27 10:21 AM
            Well, I'm working on some stuff to bring for the auction. What I actually get finished depends on how much time I have and if I can find all the materials I need. I'm focusing on 6"(DC Direct) and 8"(Mego) scales. I thought that some JSA characters in either size might be appreciated. I'd like to do some indy characters, but that depends on how the likenesses turn out. Right this minute, I'm working on a 6" Miss Martian, because she's one of the Teen Titans that has not been released and she's on the cartoon. Plus, I had the perfect base figure. I'd still appreciate some more specific requests that would be likely to receive bids.