Re: [pittscomicon] Re: reviews?

  • James Rowe
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
      Sorry that she had to wait so long. How did she enjoy her expirence?

      Darth Stewie

      James

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
        I've been going to the show for the last few years. I'm by no means a self proclaimed blogger/reviewer of shows but I did have some observations and comments.

        Negatives (which I hate to do, but if you read this and agree and it helps next years show - great!)

        The setup of artist was a little weird. It was like they fit everyone in artist alley they could and the rest went into the other room. It took a while to get the lay of the land.

        The entrance line was a little odd, it started on the inside of the con so you were in line to "get in" while actually standing in the con..lol.

        The photo badges needed some improvements. Great Idea, loved it, just could have been tweaked to have a better presentation.

        In the past there as been prints and/or other benefits to buying a pre-order three day pass compounded with the early entry.

        Positives

        I do love this show.

        Books were flying off the tables!! Such good deals you just couldn't pass up! Thanks!

        Food court area is awesome! Buy a $3.00 soda and free refills ALL DAY! That was great, had pizza, ice cream...even BEER!

        Parking was NEVER, NEVER, an issue..thx for that!

        Staff was friendly and was happy to be there :)

        The show was ok, I bought a 3 day pass but left Saturday about 5. It was great seeing old friends I've made over the past few years of going, and look forward to making new ones in 2011; but probably not with the 3 day pass. I'll post the pictures I took soon and hope everyone had a great time.

        > i had a pretty good time for the most part. walked around for hours
        > talking with some really cool artists and had a ton of people ask to take a
        > picture with me.
        > set up a commission with herb trimpe, an all time favorite of mine. cant
        > wait to pick it up tomorrow!
        > got to pick up some pretty cool prints to and when i go back tomorrow i
        > hope to find some more. i got there at noon and left at 4 and all in all i
        > can say it was a good time.
        > saw some great costumes to! there was a phoenix that looked like she
        > walked right off the pages. a really neat snake eyes costume and a pretty cool
        > wolverine. so many neat costumes i cant wait to see what the contest brings
        > out tomorrow.
        > see everyone tomorrow

      • forgiona
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
          I had a great time too, Rene, Patrick, and the entire team did a wonderful job throwing together this con only 6 months (!) after the 2009-Stan Lee-palooza, and even diversified the guest list.

          I really enjoyed the new faces this year, like Roy Thomas, Jo Chen, Joe Sinnott, Ernie Chan, etc. And returning vets like Jim Balent+HollyG and Rudy Nebres (what a character) were a delight. Jim and Scott McDaniel had steady lines from open (maybe even before open) to close. EBAS's table was another hot spot. And I was pleased to see Joe Sinnott get lots of love from the fans. I spent Friday in line for Jo Chen, and Saturday/Sunday in the Jim Balent line, and know several people that did the same for Jim and Scott McD. There may have been a few no-shows (none I can think of, not that the con has any control over it) but the booths/tables looked fully stocked. I spent my time on the con floor, or in lines, so I missed out on the panels, but the "Inking" and "Legends of Marvel" panels sounded interesting.

          The early admittance/3 days pass/ was very helpful this year, but its surprising to see a few exhibitors already lined up for artists when the show opens. Also, like mentioned above, the entrance lineup INSIDE the con, could use some reconfiguration. But I like the 3 day badge for this show.

          Having this show so close to the last worked out pretty well. Now its 12 months till the next one (maybe with Adam Hughes?) and a year after that for Jim and Holly's next appearance. :`(

          Thanks again to everyone involved in this years show!
        • Will Crites
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
            Theres always a wait in Jim's line, he always does great detail. She loved it and is already talking about going next year. As for me, I got some great sketches and had fun at the costume competition.

            Will

            Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 7:25 AM