Why Wed. before the show is my least favorite day of the year!

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21, 2010
      After six months of nose to the grindstone work (because of 2009's show being in Sept. it's more like a year straight of Comicon work), Wednesday comes and I don't have anything to do. Renee will be at the convention center today, so unless there is some kind of emergency, I won't be hearing from her all day. I won't go to the convention center until tomorrow around noon. So today, besides picking up some tickets for the Quick Sketch and vacuuming the dog hair out of my car in case I have to go to pick someone up at the airport, I don't have anything to do. As long as I'm working I don't freak out about stuff, (even when there is stuff to freakout about. Remind me to tell you sometime how we almost didn't have a program book this year, because I didn't back up my computer files or as I like to call it "The Easter Weekend that I redid the entire Program Book") So now that Wednesday has come, I'm going Bats#$t crazy! I pace, I smoke (I quit in Dec. because my wife is pregnant, but she gives me a smoking pass for this week.) and I sit around nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

      So why am I subjecting you to this self-indulgent tiraid, because for the 15 minutes it took me to type this, I was a least doing something!!

      Is it Thursday at Noon yet???? :)

      See you at the show,

      P.A.T.
    • Shawn Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 21, 2010
        Heh - I hear ya, Patrick. Although nowhere near as busy as you, I'm
        still putting out fires for our group and updating last-minute things
        - not to mention working a stressful real job to save up the phat
        lewts to be able to afford all the great stuff at the show this
        weekend, of course!

        Why not take a couple hours off and go catch Kick-Ass? I've heard good
        things about it, and mindless violence and humor is a great way to
        kill some time! ;)

        Kwip

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 21, 2010
          I'm dying to see kick ass. The hitgirl trailer may be the funniest thing I've seen all year.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Williams <kwip@...> wrote:

          > Heh - I hear ya, Patrick. Although nowhere near as busy as you, I'm
          > still putting out fires for our group and updating last-minute things
          > - not to mention working a stressful real job to save up the phat
          > lewts to be able to afford all the great stuff at the show this
          > weekend, of course!
          >
          > Why not take a couple hours off and go catch Kick-Ass? I've heard good
          > things about it, and mindless violence and humor is a great way to
          > kill some time! ;)
          >
          > Kwip
          >
          > On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:10 AM, comiconguy <patlqp@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > After six months of nose to the grindstone work (because of 2009's show being in Sept. it's more like a year straight of Comicon work), Wednesday comes and I don't have anything to do. Renee will be at the convention center today, so unless there is some kind of emergency, I won't be hearing from her all day. I won't go to the convention center until tomorrow around noon. So today, besides picking up some tickets for the Quick Sketch and vacuuming the dog hair out of my car in case I have to go to pick someone up at the airport, I don't have anything to do. As long as I'm working I don't freak out about stuff, (even when there is stuff to freakout about. Remind me to tell you sometime how we almost didn't have a program book this year, because I didn't back up my computer files or as I like to call it "The Easter Weekend that I redid the entire Program Book") So now that Wednesday has come, I'm going Bats#$t crazy! I pace, I smoke (I quit in Dec. because my wife is pregnant, but she gives me a smoking pass for this week.) and I sit around nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
          > >
          > > So why am I subjecting you to this self-indulgent tiraid, because for the 15 minutes it took me to type this, I was a least doing something!!
          > >
          > > Is it Thursday at Noon yet???? :)
          > >
          > > See you at the show,
          > >
          > > P.A.T.

        • forgiona
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 21, 2010
            It was a fun movie (didn't read it yet though - hope to find a copy 1/2 off).
            Looking forward to seeing some Hitgirl/Bigdaddy/KickA$$ costumes this weekend!