The Latest Update - Exciting New Guests, but an Unfortunate Cancellation

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31 6:36 AM
      Hey Guys and Gals,

      Usually I let the webguys have some time to post my updates before I post news here, but considering the circumstances I wanted to get this update to you A.S.A.P.

      Although we have some exciting news this week, (including adding Georges Jeanty to the 2010 line-up)

      I do have to report the cancellation of Gene Colan. Before you all ask me, I don't know what Gene's health status is.
      Originally we were asked not to list his cancellation as health related, but word then came from Gene stating, that he had canceled all his upcoming appearances, saying "no more conventions for me, health issues always a challenge." So there you go, you now know as much as I do. All we can do is hope and pray for Gene's health to improve.

      That being said, the following is the email update that will be going out in the coming days.

      P.A.T.

      More Buffy, More Events, and an Unfortunate Cancellation

      Greetings Comicon Cohorts,

      We have some great additions to the guest list and events this week, but first I have to pass along some disappointing news.

      Gene Colan has cancelled all his upcoming convention appearances due to a health issue.

      We were so looking forward to Gene joining us, but more important to us is that his health improves.

      Although we are disappointed that Gene will not be able to make it the 2010 Pittsburgh Comicon, we are stoked to announce that,

      Superstar Buffy Artist, Georges Jeanty will be joining us. With Jo Chen already on board we have the whole Buffy art crew at this years show.

      Also we are happy to have Green Lantern artist, Darryl Banks returning to Pittsburgh.

      We added over a dozen new guests to the website this week. To see a full list of guests visit: www.pittsburghcomicon.com

      I also have some great new events to announce this week,

      Mike Reeping of Squirrels Ink Productions

      (animator/creator of "A Guy, A Fish, A Cat and a Movie!" and the award winning "Justin T. Nick of Time")

      Will be hosting an ANIMATION WITHOUT A BUDGET panel, discussing simple animation techniques.

      He invites you to bring your own animation work in for viewing and critique.

      The Animation Panel with be Friday at 4:00 PM

      To see a sample of Mike's work check out this convention promo on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POLv8uh48pc&feature=related

      We'll also have Kidz Belly Dancing Lessons from none other than Princess Jasmine on Sunday. (when I have a solid time I let you know)

      For a full list of events go to www.pittsburghcomicon.com/events.html

      Additionally we have some great auction items added this week,

      Including a great Elvira piece by Jay Fife (signed by the Horror Host herself),

      An incredible X-Men piece by Jamie Fay that has to be seen to be believed;

      and an sexy Power Girl from Marc Wolfe.

      To see a preview of our 2010 Charity Auction visit: www.pittsburghcomicon.com/charityauction.html

      And a big Thank You to Mike Bocianowski, G.W. Fisher, and Jennifer Opferman for joining in on our Kidz Day Promotion on Sunday. If you are an artist or dealer that wants to have a Kidz Day Promotion on Sunday of the show, it isn't too late, just email your Giveaway or Promotion to pcomicon@... (Remember to put Kidz Day Promo in your subject line.) Participants will be listed in the Program Book plus we are working up a hand out to give the kids on Sunday, that all participants will be listed in as well.

      As the con draws closer, the news comes faster, so I'm sure to be in touch again soon,

      Patrick A. Thomas

      Marketing Director – Pittsburgh Comicon

      PITTSBURGH COMICON 2010

      APRIL 23, 24, 25 ~ 2010